If RDA starred in a new show, what would it be about?

CMac

If RDA starred in a new show, what would it be about?

Post by CMac »

While venting more of my anger/frustration about this so-called MacGyver reboot, I thought about this topic. Nothing would please me more than if RDA not only returned to TV, but his show ended up being a bigger hit than the reboot! I would call that vindication of RDA's appeal and talent. I'm not saying that it will happen, but I am a competitive person by nature and I always root for RDA to win at anything he decides to undertake. :D

Anyway, this is all hypothetical of course, but if RDA starred in a new show, what would you like it to be about? The only rule I have for this game is that he can't play somebody's dad. I'm talking about a substantive role for an older, handsome actor. ;) :oops: There aren't enough of those, and as ageist as Hollywood is, they always cast older actors as simply somebody's parent, which is why I'm saying he can't play a dad (at least as the main part of his role). So, come on, use your imagination! I'm curious to read what other people think.
Bella123

Re: If RDA starred in a new show, what would it be about?

Post by Bella123 »

I would love to see him play a detective. I love British mysteries and was watching the TV show Wallander and thinking "RDA could play a role like this so well!" It wouldn't be as physically exhausting as MacGyver, (for his back and knees) but he would still be in the middle of the action! An somewhat older, extremely handsome guy like Rick would be perfect as a brooding/quirky investigator. This is a good question, CMac! :D :D

And I'm with you about the reboot. It's almost sacrilegious to me! :( :evil:
Credit goes to MacBeth (Lolmac) for the avatar!
CMac

Post by CMac »

Yes! I love that idea of him as a detective! Great idea, Bella! :)

I was thinking he could also play a politician. I think I heard somewhere that he liked House of Cards? I could be wrong about that, though. Any role that he could truly sink his teeth into and make his own (like he did with MacGyver and Jack O'Neill), would be perfect for him.

Any other ideas out there? I'd love to read more! :D
ergomac

Post by ergomac »

interesting topic cmac and i like the politician idea ...but i remember RDA saying once that he would like to play a secret agent ........not like macgyver but i think he meant like Humphrey Bogart 1940s privet investigator type character now that would be cool......... and no I'm not that old .....but i can see RDA in a role like that you know mysterious lady's man without the smoking and drinking stuff :D ;)
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

OK, this isn't a very imaginative suggestion but if there was ever another NCIS spin-off, he could play the lead agent. Mark Harmon and Scott Bakula are both of a similar age to RDA and both shows are very successful, so it could run for years! :)
CMac

Post by CMac »

I've thought about the NCIS spin-off, too. I think that would be right up his alley, since he likes to play spies and agents. I also like the mysterious ladies man styled in the 1940s era. That would bring a different twist to current shows and would be pretty creative. It reminds me a little of Legend, except set during the WWII time period, which would be pretty cool! :D

Another idea I thought of is that he could play a lawyer, like a District Attorney or something, but that might be too much like Law & Order (although I like Law & Order).

What else do you think would work for him, if you could do dream casting?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:I've thought about the NCIS spin-off, too. I think that would be right up his alley, since he likes to play spies and agents. I also like the mysterious ladies man styled in the 1940s era. That would bring a different twist to current shows and would be pretty creative. It reminds me a little of Legend, except set during the WWII time period, which would be pretty cool! :D

Another idea I thought of is that he could play a lawyer, like a District Attorney or something, but that might be too much like Law & Order (although I like Law & Order).

What else do you think would work for him, if you could do dream casting?
I like the idea of him playing a lawyer and/or a D.A. or something similar. I think the show should have some sort of action and drama....but should have a place for his sense of humor as well. Bottom line - he is a wonderful, talented, awesome actor who NEEDS to be on screen somewhere, somehow!
B
Anja

Post by Anja »

I could imagine him playing a part in The Physicists by Dürrenmatt - Newton or Einstein.
Well, it's just a thought!!!
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Yes!!!!!!!! Bella, I thought exactly the same!!! Rick could play the PERFECT Wallander!!
Thought that first time I saw Wallander.. :lol:

And just watched thunk thread again........wouldn't it be great if celebs joined together again in a hockey game and Rick makes a reports it, :lol: , that would be a thrill! :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

I looked up Wallander on IMDB, and indeed it does sound like an intriguing premise--perfect for RDA.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kenneth Branagh OK, but RDA in that part? Pure heaven. :D :oops: