RDA on Twitter

tvero80

Re: RDA on Twitter

Post by tvero80 »

I think he's simply not interested in social networks .Kate is a friend ,'followers' are fans but not friends .He shares private information with her and he tells her if she can share some info/ notes with us (or not) .That's how it works.
He isn't the sort of man to tweet...he has other(better) things to do...
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

He did tweet a little. However, when he tweeted his thoughts on some politicians, there was some not so nice responses to them. It was if some of his "fans" were surprised "MacGyver" has other interests besides duct tape. I don't blame him for not using Twitter anymore.
If you can't say anything nice.....

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

PamK1950 wrote:He did tweet a little. However, when he tweeted his thoughts on some politicians, there was some not so nice responses to them. It was if some of his "fans" were surprised "MacGyver" has other interests besides duct tape. I don't blame him for not using Twitter anymore.
I don't blame him either . Let's rather say he was disappointed in his "fans" then (sorry about my mistake Pam,you know better than me).
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

tvero80 wrote:
I don't blame him either . Let's rather say he was disappointed in his "fans" then (sorry about my mistake Pam,you know better than me).
I don't know better V. It was just something I observed. And when I referred to "fans" I didn't mean fans like you and others on this site. These "fans" are people that, in my opinion, responded to his tweets in a way just to cause controversy and draw attention to themselves.

Sorry for any confusion.

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

PamK1950 wrote:
tvero80 wrote:
I don't know better V. It was just something I observed. And when I referred to "fans" I didn't mean fans like you and others on this site. These "fans" are people that, in my opinion, responded to his tweets in a way just to cause controversy and draw attention to themselves.

Sorry for any confusion.
No confusion Pam. Language barrier ,that's all. I should have chosen my words more carefully. My mistake .But I understood what you meant perfectly.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

PamK1950 wrote:He did tweet a little. However, when he tweeted his thoughts on some politicians, there was some not so nice responses to them.
I've heard the theory that he stopped because of political tweets. I've even heard the rumor that it was somehow my fault. I don't think he was even aware of some of the rude political responses - he just doesn't check Twitter all that often. And when he and I have had conversations about Twitter, he didn't seem to have any idea what fans were posting.

What did bother him was when I got out my phone to show him his Twitter feed and he noticed that his account had sent out tweets or had started following people without his knowledge. He questioned the post from MacGyverOnline, for example, and when I said that his account had retweeted, followed, and favorited that account all at the same time, he said, "I wouldn't know how." Earlier, his account had followed and retweeted PB as well, and he had no idea. I think I may have mentioned it here before, but at the time he asked me if I could just shut down the whole account, since he doesn't use it. I suggested instead that he just "clean up" the tweets and followings that hadn't been his and leave the account intact in case he ever needed it. And then in the end we never got around to getting out his phone and actually doing it.

I don't know this for sure, but it's possible that Wylie was sort of doing that for him. You notice that some of the odd posts with things that looked like passwords or locations have been removed. Wylie says he "doesn't know how" to use Twitter, but perhaps that's just easier to explain than the idea that it just hasn't held his interest. It was Wylie who encouraged him to try Twitter in the first place, he enjoyed the novelty at first, and then he just found himself drifting away.

I don't know if he might become more active in the future. He's just not much into social media. But then, neither am I, so I can sort of understand his thinking.

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Thanks for the input Kate. I didn't mean to make it sound like the reason RDA stopped tweeting was because of "political tweets". I was just commenting on some of the people that responded to his tweets.

CMac

Post by CMac »

I can understand him not being much into social media. I am of the prime age where I'm supposed to love everything that has to do with social media, yet I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, and I don't want to have one, either. For me, it has to do with my privacy (which is why I mentioned it about RDA). Also, I have better ways to occupy my time. I see people check their Facebook accounts, and it always looks like a chore or a second job to me to maintain it--no thanks. I'm too busy living in the "real world" to spend my time on it, although I can see how it would be valuable for some people.

It must be difficult to be a public figure (like RDA) in this social media age. I feel for most of the celebrities, because the Internet makes it so easy to anonymously rip these people to shreds over anything--especially if they are only acting like the human beings they are. For all the advancements and advantages the Internet has given us, it has also unfortunately increased insensitivity and incivility towards others. Personally, I think he's better off enjoying his life instead.
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

CMac wrote:I can understand him not being much into social media. I am of the prime age where I'm supposed to love everything that has to do with social media, yet I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, and I don't want to have one, either. For me, it has to do with my privacy (which is why I mentioned it about RDA). Also, I have better ways to occupy my time. I see people check their Facebook accounts, and it always looks like a chore or a second job to me to maintain it--no thanks. I'm too busy living in the "real world" to spend my time on it, although I can see how it would be valuable for some people.
Oh, wonderful, how could you know how I feel about this? Thank you so much, I could not have expressed more precisely! :D :D
Sometimes I feel so "un-normal" for being under 50 but not loving this social media stuff.
But this does not need to say anything about age! Right?
We are as young as we feel...
P
squiresFK

Post by squiresFK »