CBS Finds Its New 'MacGyver' in 'X-Men' Star

CMac

Re: CBS Finds Its New 'MacGyver' in 'X-Men' Star

Post by CMac »

Exactly! It looks like they just picked up some generic "handsome", square-jawed guy, who will probably have none of the quirks that RDA had that made the MacGyver role so special and memorable. :roll: I do not accept imitation Mac! :x I hope this so-called "reboot" fails in a spectacular fashion and is quickly forgotten, so that people can remember who the real MacGyver is and always will be--RDA.

Is there any way us true fans of the original show can petition that they stop making this drivel? I wonder...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Macgyver1989 wrote:I honestly hate this new reboot! :x There can only be one Macgyver! And he is Richard Dean Anderson!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... lot-877109
Sorry to say - but this "new" MacGyver just looks disgusting next to the one and only real MacGyver, our RDA. I hope it falls on its face.
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

He has none of the charisma that RDA has, not to mention that he isn't as good looking (although, who can compete with our fine Mr. RDA on that count? It's a little unfair ;) ).

I mentioned this elsewhere on the thread, but if Harrison Ford can still be Indiana Jones in his 70's, then RDA is still MacGyver in his 60's.

On that note, I read an article from Mr. Ford about his "reboot"--the young Han Solo, which, of course, won't involve him. He said that you put in your time as an actor, and then suddenly you're replaced by a younger one with nothing more than a simple, "We're done with you, thanks." It seems like that's what they've done somewhat with RDA. I know he is retired, but it still upsets me that they wouldn't even consider his involvement just because of his age. I'm much younger than RDA, but I do believe in "respecting my elders." It never made sense to me that you're only relevant or only interesting things happen to you when you're young. Actually, a character with greater wisdom and experience might be just as fascinating if not more so. Why does every character have to be in their 20s? It gets so boring (and this is coming from a young lady in the tail end of her 20s). :roll: All Hollywood remakes, with a few small exceptions, are just pure dreck, plain and simple.

Okay, rant over. :lol:
MacsJeep

Post by MacsJeep »

I was like EWWWW the minute I saw him. I have nothing against him personally, but he just doesn't fit the part. I doubt Richard would want to do it even if he was asked, though. So I say leave well alone - you shouldn't re-imagine something like Mac.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

The picture isn't very good.He looks better with shorter hair and without that (silly ) smile on his face .Now it all depends on what Mac will be like as a younger man... still,I'm not convinced .
CMac

Post by CMac »

Didn't they try to do a "Young MacGyver" before that didn't work?

Also, we got to see flashbacks of what Mac was like as a boy in the series. I think that's enough.

Besides, I like my heroes to be grown men--not little boys.
yolie

Post by yolie »

I feel he's a poor choice, in fact no one could ever replace the original MacGyver and
we all know that Rick was and always be the ONLY Mac!!!! (IMHO) ;)
Caty

Post by Caty »

That guy is not even handsome! He looks silly and like a milksop!
He's just a kid, not a man!

No one can ever replace RDA as MacGywer!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Caty wrote:That guy is not even handsome! He looks silly and like a milksop!
He's just a kid, not a man!

No one can ever replace RDA as MacGywer!
You're so right. No one can every replace RDA as MacGyver. I still hope this reboot flops. But it may attract new viewers - though us "oldies" will always know Mac is RDA and only RDA.
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

Oh, I think this guy would make a great young Heath Ledger. He's not ugly at all imho, he's just not MacGyver... no one else can ever be MacGyver. I think they could cast the most good looking manly man they can find and it would still not be MacGyver :)