Have you ever been caught viewing this site at work?

CMac

Have you ever been caught viewing this site at work?

Post by CMac »

I was just wondering if any of you have ever been caught viewing this site at work by someone (fellow co-worker, boss, etc.) and what their reaction was to it. This happened to me today, much to my chagrin. I was just browsing when this guy who has an office very close to my cubicle walked by, happened to see it, and starting screaming, "MacGyver! That's MacGyver!" I was mortified! :oops: The man has a great sense of humor, but he embarrassed me in front of the whole office, anyway. Like RDA, I am a very private person, so I did not like hearing my "crush" being announced for everyone within earshot to hear. I'll probably never hear the end of the teasing I'll get.

On a positive note, he did recognize MacGyver, said the show was a "timeless classic", and he also said of RDA, "He's so damn handsome" -- and this man is straight! It goes to show you how well RDA is remembered--not only by bringing a character fully to life that people still recognize, but also for his perpetual good looks. ;) :D
bftlovesRDA

Re: Have you ever been caught viewing this site at work?

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:I was just wondering if any of you have ever been caught viewing this site at work by someone (fellow co-worker, boss, etc.) and what their reaction was to it. This happened to me today, much to my chagrin. I was just browsing when this guy who has an office very close to my cubicle walked by, happened to see it, and starting screaming, "MacGyver! That's MacGyver!" I was mortified! :oops: The man has a great sense of humor, but he embarrassed me in front of the whole office, anyway. Like RDA, I am a very private person, so I did not like hearing my "crush" being announced for everyone within earshot to hear. I'll probably never hear the end of the teasing I'll get.

On a positive note, he did recognize MacGyver, said the show was a "timeless classic", and he also said of RDA, "He's so damn handsome" -- and this man is straight! It goes to show you how well RDA is remembered--not only by bringing a character fully to life that people still recognize, but also for his perpetual good looks. ;) :D
Nope. Fortunately, I never had that happen. I can understand how mortified you were from this....but, as you said, at least he recognized the classic nature of MacGyver and even that he is so handsome! (that coming from a straight guy is quite a compliment).
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

Yes, once and there is more ...
The first time I was searching the forum when a very young man (one of our apprentice) came into my lab and saw me watching the "thunk"-thread. But he sat down beside me and said "Thats Richard Dean Anderson! He's a really amazing man."
I was totally dumbfounded! :o

And if anyone has Windows on the computer you actually know the starting screen or when you have to log in, then there is a picture in the middle of the screen.
So, on my computer at work thats the same picture I have in the banner below. But the whole picture, not only the eyes.
Someday our IT-expert had to fix something on my computer and the starting picture appeared.
He looked and ... "MacGywer!" He recognized him only after a few seconds.
Must have been a fan as well :lol:

This starting picture my boss saw too one day. He asked "Is that your husband?" :lol: :lol:
My answer: "No, sadly not, then I wouldn't work here I guess." :lol: :lol:
Nowadays he knows my husband, but the starting picture is still the same. :oops:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

I had a similar experience as you did, Caty, but with my home laptop. I took it in to be repaired one time, and I had a Mac photo as my background. It was MacGyver in a natural setting, not a studio shot of RDA, so it looked like just a regular photo. The guy fixing my laptop noticed it and asked, "Is that your boyfriend?" He wasn't kidding, either. I should have said yes, but instead I told him it was MacGyver. It took him a minute to recognize him, but then he went, "Oh, yeah--cool show!" :)

I wish I had someone like him as my boyfriend. :( Dare I dream? I know RDA is unique, but if I only had someone similar to him, I would be so content. :oops: Do they even make men like that anymore? *Sighs*

If not, I guess that's okay, too. Like RDA, I do enjoy my independence, but it sure is nice to fantasize. :D
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

:lol: :lol: :lol: great topic!!
I've never been caught..At work we have a steady background it isn't changeable. I check the site sometimes on my phone but till now I haven't been "caught".Lately I have a view colleagues and a friend who often ask me what my perfect guy should look like..To get me on a date and coupled.. I know its well meant, but no thanks..when love comes it will..So this is what I gave them:
Image And it's like Oh wow what a guy..Yep and I want a guy simular to that or nothing! Mac even protects me now against being coupled :lol: sorry for this little slide....back to the topic ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

What a great THUNK photo (I know - that's not this thread - but it is anyway..... :oops: :oops: :oops: ). Glad the others now know what your perfect man would look like. Good for you!
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

He is the perfect man, to be sure. :oops: When I was a little girl, I went to a friend's house and she asked me, "Have you ever seen MacGyver?" I replied, "No." Can you imagine? What would I have done without him in my life? Anyway, this was several years after the show had aired, and I was just stunned by his incredible beauty and personality, even as a child! Later, my stepdad claims that this friend "ruined" me for other relationships with men, because now I have such high standards. Why not, I say? ;) The wait is worth it for someone like him. :D
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

My colleagues know about 'my crush'. So it's ok.I don't have to hide.I hardly ever browse in the workplace anyway.
Caty

Post by Caty »

tvero80 wrote:My colleagues know about 'my crush'. So it's ok.I don't have to hide.I hardly ever browse in the workplace anyway.
My colleagues knew, too. That's nothing to be ashamed of, so I don't hide the pic on my computer.
And now, when I figure out somthing tricky, my boss sometimes acknowledged my affection to MacGywer. ;) :D :D

And that's something I'm really proud of. :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

As well,I have no superiors nearby :D :oops:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.