Love and encouragement for RDA

tvero80

Re: Love and encouragement for RDA

Post by tvero80 »

Captainvale wrote:RDA *is* 66 now, and i know many guys suffering similar lower back pain at that age. But, he is young enough that surgery was option. Many find out in 80's and are too old, then. I was glad to see in that photo that he has lost weight. That helps. I am sad he is going thru this, but he likely will feel better from surgery, especially if he listens to surgeon and gives it time. It is ok to be tired after such surgery. He has always had glasses. He is allowing us a glimpse into honesty of age, pain, and where he is on recovery. He is sitting up for that photo, too...amazing. many prayers for continued healing, and thank you to Kate for a gateway to express our prayers and wishes for this talented actor and his family. Lower backs bear so much weight that he may like my pastor and a retired m.d., have some pain. They deal with it with advil and walking. Dietary changes to remove inflammation compounds (our new wheat, HFCS, Artificial sweetners are some...) can help us all. I wish i had started yrs ago. I have faith he will heal....he has a daughter and someday grandkids maybe yet to enjoy. He is blessed. And i am just amazed from Kate's biography to read all he has accomplished. I enjoy this site, after having watched all the macgyver episodes i missed growing up. What a talented man. Hope he writes a book, songs, poems, or does photography. Would be cool. Thank you for allowing my long and winded post!! :)
Thanks for posting it Captainvale .You're family now.
But are you sure he had surgery?
Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Hi, the home page updates from RDA mention that mid dec 2015 he was in hospital for procedure to relieve pain.

My prayers for his healing.
CMac

Post by CMac »

Is this still from the injury he sustained while filming MacGyver? If so, that is a long time to endure something like that. :( I wish him the best.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Captainvale wrote:Hi, the home page updates from RDA mention that mid dec 2015 he was in hospital for procedure to relieve pain.

My prayers for his healing.
A "procedure" does not always involve surgery. Jut saying.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Hi, never realized until i saw a certain photo of RDA that he likely had been put on "pain treatment" like md's did to me, yrs ago. I gained same weight, had same look. I just watched beginning of sgu, and you can see it. RDA working thru it. Then i remembered his jokes about bum knee on sg1, and the difference in him in a movie. My prayers to him, his family that he heals. Was saddened and shocked he has had to go through this. May he get better soon. He is still young. Bless him and his family. The different series were great entertainment.
CMac

Post by CMac »

I knew he was on pain meds or something, too, which explains the weight fluctuations. It's normal. He's a human being. That's why I remember how angry I got when people were criticizing his weight. They have no idea what he's going through--cut the poor guy some slack! :x

Anyway, I hope he does get better soon.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Please just be very careful about making assumptions about things that RDA has not shared directly. Even when trying to be supportive, assumptions about symptoms, procedures, medication, diagnoses, and so on, tend to lead to rumors and false information, which spread like wildfire in this era of the internet.

I know everyone here wants the best for him, but when comments tend to swing from "he looks so happy and healthy and is losing weight" to "he has had surgery and is on pain medication and is gaining weight," rumors spread. Both extremes are assumptions, and not exactly true, and so I then start getting offlist questions from fans seeking confirmation or denials for the rumors that have begun.

RDA has dealt with a number of health issues over the years, some he has shared publicly, some he has not. The best that his "wild loyalists" can do is to continue to wish him good health and happiness. :)

Kate
Caty

Post by Caty »

Thanks for your clearing words, Kate.

All of us should be very grateful that Rick shares so much with us through Kate.
Nobody wants to hear rumors about oneself that are not true, so leave it to the news we get and don't make any assumptions.
In my opinion it would be a reason to get angry and go back in my cave or as we say in german (translated) "in my snailhouse" ;)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

Right Kate, the important things are health, love and happiness :D

No need to make assumptions and start rumors. We just need to know that Kate will give us news if necessary ;)

Have a beautiful day (or night :? ) everyone

Sandrine
CMac

Post by CMac »

Sorry--I meant no offense with my comments. I am not a gossip by any means--I just was being supportive of him when people were being critical and making critical assumptions about him, that's all. I think it's far more hurtful to read some of the terrible comments I have read on the Internet than anything anyone has said here.

*Goes to hide in cave* :(