New to the Forum!

CMac

New to the Forum!

Post by CMac »

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cheryl, and I'm new here. :D I've been browsing through the forums for quite some time, and I finally decided to join in on the conversation about our lovely RDA.

I have been a fan (mostly a Mac fan) since I was a little kid--it's strange because I have a crush on a man that is old enough to be my father, but oh well! :oops: When I was little, I was convinced I would marry him (did anyone else feel that way)? ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! I look forward to meeting my fellow RDA fans.
bftlovesRDA

Re: New to the Forum!

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cheryl, and I'm new here. :D I've been browsing through the forums for quite some time, and I finally decided to join in on the conversation about our lovely RDA.

I have been a fan (mostly a Mac fan) since I was a little kid--it's strange because I have a crush on a man that is old enough to be my father, but oh well! :oops: When I was little, I was convinced I would marry him (did anyone else feel that way)? ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! I look forward to meeting my fellow RDA fans.
Hi Cheryl - A very big WELCOME to you to this forum. Glad you have joined!! I understand about having a crush on RDA since you were a little kid and being convinced you would marry him. I also had a crush on him when I was young.....(though I think I am older than you are)....but I still have a "crush" on him now.

I hope you have discovered him in Stargate SG1 and in his movies. If not, you have a LOT of joy and pleasant viewing ahead of you.

Once again, WELCOME! I hope you will be posting to as many threads as you choose - your comments and thoughts are just as valuable and will be just as respected as those of others who have been here a longer amount of time.
B
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Hi, Cheryl! :) welcome to the forum!! so glad you joined! :D the first time i saw RDA was on Stargate SG1,( i was 14 at the time) and almost immediately fell in love with everything about him! :oops: He is definitely my most favorite actor ever!
CMac

Post by CMac »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :D

I have seen RDA in other things--while Mac will always be my favorite character that he played, I love him in everything he does. Last night, I watched Eyes of a Stranger for the first time! Hubba hubba! :oops: What I wouldn't give to have taken Justine Bateman's place!

Unlike so many other actors, there is just something about him that exudes warmth and genuine kindness. I remember reading an interview with Henry Winkler who said that RDA has a certain vulnerability to him, especially when he is on the screen. I can see that when I watch him--he seems gentle and sensitive, yet he also knows how to get rough if he needs to--not unlike MacGyver. ;) To me, he is the epitome of the perfect man--not just in appearance, but in his overall personality and how he conducts himself.

Thanks again for greeting me! I already feel like I'm among friends. :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :D

I have seen RDA in other things--while Mac will always be my favorite character that he played, I love him in everything he does. Last night, I watched Eyes of a Stranger for the first time! Hubba hubba! :oops: What I wouldn't give to have taken Justine Bateman's place!

Unlike so many other actors, there is just something about him that exudes warmth and genuine kindness. I remember reading an interview with Henry Winkler who said that RDA has a certain vulnerability to him, especially when he is on the screen. I can see that when I watch him--he seems gentle and sensitive, yet he also knows how to get rough if he needs to--not unlike MacGyver. ;) To me, he is the epitome of the perfect man--not just in appearance, but in his overall personality and how he conducts himself.

Thanks again for greeting me! I already feel like I'm among friends. :D
Very well said. Totally agree....with you and with Henry Winkler - about his vulnerability / gentleness and sensitiveness (word?) yet also knows how to be rough when he needs to be. And I agree - he is the perfect man. Nobody is totally perfect, but RDA is as close as they come.

I also love in the Eyes of a Stranger. Wasn't that hot?????? :oops: :oops: :oops: I at first did not like him in the beard....but now I LOVE him as Jack Rourke! The beard and his haircut in that movie are to die for.......

Let's see a few of those poses here: Enjoy.

B
Caty

Post by Caty »

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to the forum and if you like those pics of our hero, try the THUNK-thread. But I don't think, the weekend will be enough time to see them all. :lol: :lol:

Enjoy!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Hi Cheryl.Welcome on board.

Whatever the thread, you can't help referring to his good looks ,can you? Though there's nothing "NEW" about it ;) :)
CMac

Post by CMac »

Aw man, I've been hooked on Jack Rourke for the past few days. :oops: Actually, that beard really does get to me--in a good way. ;) It suits him. It makes him look so rugged and wild and impossibly sensual. The movie is not the best, but like everything else he's in, RDA makes it so much better. Thanks for sharing the pictures, and thank you everybody again for welcoming me! :D

Oh, another thing--with that beard and how he acts in this movie, he's almost like a "bad boy" MacGyver. I know it's a different character, but that's where my fantasies went when I was watching it. :oops:
Captainvale

Post by Captainvale »

Hi, i am still new to this forum, and wanted to thank Kate again, for the fun she has created with this site. I am older, caregive, and mostly just access on teeny cell phone. So i apologize for mistakes. But my favorite rhreads are the ones that cover quips on the films, and then the action figures climbing the pyramids. And the melody eau d'leo...so pretty
Never would have shated this with other fans, watched legends, gotten the dk sg1 book Kate wrote...and it is all fun. Through a stargate sg1 visited more than the original star trek i grew up on. It is just fun. Wish we jad conventions here for sg1. It is scary but i am neginning to understand sgu (although a bit dark), and wish it had had more seasons (more actors trained like sg1 set).

I thought after watching series many times during an illness, that i knew it...i had missed a lot that is fun to go back and catch. Thank you, Kate. Thank you for the joy and fun.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Glad you are here, CaptainVale. You do very well when you are posting with just a cell phone. And, yes, we thank Kate again and again for the joy and fun that this site brings all of us! And we thank Richard Dean Anderson for just being himself. What a man! He is THE man.
B