RDA Trivia

mac_jack_fangirl

RDA Trivia

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Let's see if we can stump each other with some RDA trivia or post a fun fact. Either is good :)

Did you know that Senator Kinsey's dog, Oscar, in Chain Reaction, was RDA's real-life doggie? He was beautiful.
Mac/Jack#1fan

Re: RDA Trivia

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Yup! :D I knew that...

I'll add on to your fact there..

The dogs screen name was "Oscar", but his dog was a girl and her real name was Zoe :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I didn't know about Senator Kinsey's dog being RDA's own. Nice tidbit to know.

Ok, what two types of bracelets did RDA wear in Stargate - at different times? They showed up on screen, evidently, a few times.
B
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Ok, what two types of bracelets did RDA wear in Stargate - at different times? They showed up on screen, evidently, a few times.
I can only think of 1 bracelet that he wore in SG1 (I only watched SG1 straight through once, so don't shoot me lol) and that's the bracelet he's wearing in this pic:

From reading interviews here on this site in the "Archives" I found out that the bracelet made of "a string of brown beads" was his memento from his trip to Tibet. He got several strands along the way and he wore them in support of Tibet. He usually hid it under his sleeve, but the bracelet made its way onto the screen :)

I can't think of another bracelet though... If could show me a pic where he's wearing it... Maybe I could find out where it came from or why he's wearing it ;)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

There's also the red POW bracelet he wore in the sixth season of MacGyver.
mac_jack_fangirl

I first saw them in Season 7; I think that's after his hiatus to Tibet, right? And did you notice that Sam also has one too. Jack didn't wear tshirts hardly at all (he should have; I'm sure it was warm enough at times especially since Teal'c was wearing sleeveless shirts :lol: I was just going through some screen captures and on Grace, you can see Jack's and Sam's when they're... uhh... lip locking ;)

Death Knell you see Jack has two instead of one and I think they're a little different (because he's wearing the tshirt) and then I think three somewhere later.
mac_jack_fangirl

The character Lulu in The Lost Amadeus (MacGyver) also appeared in SG-1. Can you name the two episodes and the character she played? :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

'Thor's Hammer' and 'Thor's Chariot' ;)
mac_jack_fangirl

Yup, you got it :)

I remember when I was going through MacGyver again and I was like, hey, I'm sure she was in those two Thor episodes. It's amazing what google can help with.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

OH - now I know where I recognized that actress in the 2 THOR episodes from! I couldn't place her but knew I had seen her before. Thanks for pointing out that she was the same actress as Lulu in the Lost Amadeus (another good MacGyver episode).

As far as the 2 bracelets go - yes the Tibetan prayer beads bracelet was one bracelet - the most prominent one. The other one was a yellow sort of "ribbon" bracelet that Wylie made for him when she was little and he wore it in Stargate. I can't remember seeing it but the article said (and I believe it's an article in the archives section here too) he did wear it and it did slip into view now and then.

And, yes, I knew about the POW bracelet he wore in MacGyver for some episodes.

Ok - what was the name of the Makeup director in Stargate who also filled that role in (some if not all) MacGyver episodes?
B