OUR BETTER SOURCE OF INFORMATION

bftlovesRDA

Re: OUR BETTER SOURCE OF INFORMATION

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I agree, too, frenchwriter. However, I don't know how that can be done....but maybe it could be.
B
Jirel

Post by Jirel »

i am new here and before i was searching informmation about Richard and i come around with this site --i never participate at a forum before but when i decide to sign my self i was been welcomming by many of you and when i had trouble with the uplooding we were there girls so thanks. KATE is a real tresaure she help me with my get well card that i post on line not the right adress THANKS YOU KATEfor being there for us fan of Richard.AS for" the man" first time a saw him in Masgyver --I like him (gee what a good looking guy) physicly he is my dream guy (i am blushing right now,at my age :oops: )anyway ,i love sf serie and Jack o"neill make me laugh and again so cute .Even now he is still good looking and sorry ,girl, i like him with a mustach (i know he was sorry that he have to cut it) The guy is genuine -he is not snob like many actor that dont care about fans and i am very sad that he still have pain in his lower back. on the last selfie he look at is lost weight .i agree that the update and selfie should be only here .dont like when a saw a photo and they say bads things again richard (old-big- etc...) that make me very sad but here we like the guy and we have only goods things to say about him . SO THANKS YOU RICHARD FOR BEING YOU
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

frenchwriter wrote: When Richard offers his selfies on the forum, I think they're really just for fans who come in this website.
They haven't to end up on social networks. Pictures during Christmas'time, from Richard on his bed filled of our cards, Richard with Wylie; as well Richard and Wylie at Theater last year for his Birthday.
I was a little shocked and sad to find them anywhere else.
For better or worse, it is the way the internet works, that once something is posted, it can be taken and reused anywhere. One would hope that people would be respectful and name the source of something that they "borrow," but unfortunately that is rarely the case anymore, it seems. Some of the most "popular" RDA sites out there make a habit of taking things from my website and claiming them as their own. :roll:

There really is no way to prevent people from reusing things that are posted here - even if you disable right-click, pictures and material can still be saved. I have considered that I should start adding a watermark to RDA's own photos, though.

And if you should see his photos or his words used elsewhere, with people claiming that they got the information directly from RDA (yes, I have seen it), by all means feel free to direct their followers here to the real source.

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Okay, I confess. I did post the "smiling Rick" on a Facebook RDA fan page. Why? Because someone twitted the picture without saying where they "borrowed" it.
This is what I posted on 12/26:

What a fantastic Christmas present on rdanderson.com. A beautiful smile from "The Man".

I just wanted to make sure credit is given, where credit it due.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:
frenchwriter wrote: When Richard offers his selfies on the forum, I think they're really just for fans who come in this website.
They haven't to end up on social networks. Pictures during Christmas'time, from Richard on his bed filled of our cards, Richard with Wylie; as well Richard and Wylie at Theater last year for his Birthday.
For better or worse, it is the way the internet works, that once something is posted, it can be taken and reused anywhere. One would hope that people would be respectful and name the source of something that they "borrow," but unfortunately that is rarely the case anymore, it seems. Some of the most "popular" RDA sites out there make a habit of taking things from my website and claiming them as their own. :roll:

There really is no way to prevent people from reusing things that are posted here - even if you disable right-click, pictures and material can still be saved. I have considered that I should start adding a watermark to RDA's own photos, though.

And if you should see his photos or his words used elsewhere, with people claiming that they got the information directly from RDA (yes, I have seen it), by all means feel free to direct their followers here to the real source.

Kate
Actually I've had several fightings with people before about posting picture or news like their own.
And when I adressed them to declare their source they get cruel. I postet the real source and left those sides but I keep a wary eye on them. :evil:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

KateR wrote:

Kate
Kate,

But for personal Richard's photos who he offer to us very kindly, I really think you could add a watermark.
Otherwise, soon, he does want anymore to share his selfies with us. And I think that will be very sad for us.

On this forum, I think we can consider ourselves rather privileged people, because Richard gives us some confidence. We must respect it (and him) at all costs.
Lis

Post by Lis »

I do not understand what you want now.

We nevertheless also images from other sites high.

For example all the Pics of Getty Images or from Paul Brown and many other Sides.

I've uploaded already things from Kate's side elsewhere

but then I also write that it is from Kate's side.

What I find shit, is when people sell the pictures for a lot of money at E-Bay.

Why should only fans of Kate's side see pictures of Rick.

Sorry but I do not feel as if I have committed a crime.

Lis
Anne

Post by Anne »

Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly, what the issue is. Of course everyone who takes pictures from this site should credit where they come from etc, but sometimes pics show up somwhere and maybe ppl are not even aware they aere originally coming from here. And, honestly, the website (I'm not talking about the forum) is open to everyone and RDA's selfies or his notes etc are not in an restricted member area, so why can't people repost what they find here, elsewhere?

I do understand the concept of crediting and saying where it comes from etc, but I do not understand why it shouldn't be okay to share on FB, twitter etc if they are open for public? And even if there is no credit to anyone - that doesn't mean ppl necessarily and purposefully post these photos as their own, it might only mean they didn't think about it or simply got them from other places etc.

I think putting a watermark on them is a good thing, if it's not smack over his face becaue then it's not fun to look at them anaymore either. It's important to try and protect these images from ending up on ebay and being sold - even though that's really hard to do if they can be downloaded.

It's a tricky issue all the way around, but I would not accuse anyone for just sharing them with others because as I have said many times before, sharing with other fans should be the norm, not the exception, especially in times when our favorite actor does not work anymore and there is very little to share.

That's just my two cents.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Oh,oh .I think things are getting out of control and Kate will have to become a moderator again.

This is just a question of perspective .To me, the one and only website devoted to RDA is this one.So when he sends selfies or notes ,they belong here,they are ours,they are addressed to us not to the 'crowd' belonging to Facebook (I'm not a Facebook fan ,sorry... ).

However, all the pictures on the Internet can be shared so it isn't against the law to do it.

This is a forum ,everyone can express their opinion.

My only concern at present is RDA's health ,just like everybody else, either Facebook or not Facebook fans.So,we aren't going to quarrel about this ,are we?

Waiting for Kate's wise words.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I also think the simplest solution is a watermark.
Problem solved.

You can not avoid it,which will be shown elsewhere the images.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.