Attacks on Paris

Titine1978

Re: Attacks on Paris

Post by Titine1978 »

I agree with you. It's not about religion but about power. It's the will to lead the world.
Our ancestors fought for us to live free men and women.
I spent the first nine years of my schooling in a Catholic school. The last year of my studies in this school, while I was still in this school, they joined a sect (they are not logical). Already at that age, I refused that kind of commitment. I tell them (unsuccessfully). After a few years they have left the sect. They no longer had any religion ... and then returned to church. Statues of the Virgin Mary, Jesus, Joseph eventually enthroned in the dining room.

The character of MacGyver was a great help to me younger. He had a way of thinking that was exactly what I felt.
I think the more important is respect for others, animals, life, empathy. It is respect differences. It is to live free.
Thank you Richard Dean Anderson for all.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Titine1978 wrote:I agree with you. It's not about religion but about power. It's the will to lead the world.
I spent the first nine years of my schooling in a Catholic school. The last year of my studies in this school, while I was still in this school, they joined a sect (they are not logical). Already at that age, I refused that kind of commitment. I tell them (unsuccessfully). After a few years they have left the sect. They no longer had any religion ... and then returned to church. Statues of the Virgin Mary, Jesus, Joseph eventually enthroned in the dining room.

The character of MacGyver was a great help to me younger. He had a way of thinking that was exactly what I felt.
I think the more important is respect for others, animals, life, empathy. It is respect differences. It is to live free.
What a strength Titine!! And it's so bad we can't shake hands right now ;) ..I feel exactly the same, Mac was a role model for me in my youth and still is now and then .Gratefull for what Richard has done and still does and for the person he is...
Last edited by Annelies on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of love,

Lies

Titine1978

Post by Titine1978 »

Annelies wrote:
Titine1978 wrote:I agree with you. It's not about religion but about power. It's the will to lead the world.

What a strength Titine!! And it's so bad we can't shake hands right now ;) ..I feel exactly the same, Mac was a role model for me in my youth and still is now and then :lol: .Gratefull for what Richard has done and still does and for the person he is...
Thank you for your compliments Annelies. ;) I feel that we have much in common. :D Like you, I owe him a lot but I would probably never have the opportunity to thank him live.
I'm more worried about Richard Dean Anderson that I'm worried about my parents or my sister (with whom I have no relationship for over 5 years).
I was the psychologist of my mother, my father's pain suffering (who never showed me a proof of love, it was only belittled me telling that I will be nothing) and I almost raised my sister (homework, appointment with the school).
I finally decide that I should also take care of me and my family that I built.
I live as I want, respecting my beliefs without being afraid to say what I think. :D

That is why for me freedom and respect are most precious and most important in this world.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Only word I can say now and what I have for you is deep, deep, deep respect
What a story Titine! It needs strength and courage to take these sort of descisions.. Again, RESPECT!
Lots of love,

Lies

Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Yes,
RDAs respect for mankind and nature is wonderful - might more people feel and live like him!
I think, we are at least trying ;)

What I loved most in MacGyver was Macs view for the human even in his enemy - and that it often worked out, that he was able to free his enemy to act human.
I remember the episodes "Humanity", "To be a Man". And there are many others where Mac was successful at least to convince the "smaller" antagonists who were only acting in the name of the "big bad guy" - like Karen in this Phoenix Safe House against Quale, sorry I don't remember the Episode.

People around me warned me not to be too good, too open, think too good of the world. They were afraid that I would be broken some day when I trust the wrong person.
Mac encouraged me not to give up my "good" picture of humanity. In "The escape" it is really late when he succeeds in convincing this lady, but not too late!

I hope and pray that all the "small" bad guys learn the feeling of freedom, when they act no longer in the name of evil.
Might the "big" bad guys stand alone with their hate.
P
Anja

Post by Anja »

Grimey, I agree.
If the 'big bad guys' had no followers then their power and influence would fade away. but that's a difficult task because they promise a lot and many people come running to them.
It's the young and half grown-ups who must get their eyes opened!
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

We need a safe place .And we are safe here.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Grimey wrote: People around me warned me not to be too good, too open, think too good of the world. They were afraid that I would be broken some day when I trust the wrong person.

I hope and pray that all the "small" bad guys learn the feeling of freedom, when they act no longer in the name of evil.
Hi Grimey,
I hope you'll never get hurt. But sometimes it happens even very close to you, that you find out someone you love betrays you and works against you - behind your back.
That is the time to remember of all the good people in the world and Rick ist one of the best.
That's something that always lights up my mind.

I believe that those who did the attacks in Paris and other cities don't really know, what they are doing. These people only believe what their leaders tell them, they don't have the possibility to see the world on their own point of view. They are blinded.
I hope this is true, otherwise our world is on a way down the hill. :-(
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Hi Caty,
that is a good way to keep on hoping!

I cannot say I was never hurt, oh no.....
But I was not broken by these experiences. :) That is what I wanted to say.
And I was never hurt because I had trusted.
Must be kind of instinct that protects me when necessary...
P
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Grimey wrote:Yes,
RDAs respect for mankind and nature is wonderful - might more people feel and live like him!
I think, we are at least trying ;)

What I loved most in MacGyver was Macs view for the human even in his enemy - and that it often worked out, that he was able to free his enemy to act human.
I remember the episodes "Humanity", "To be a Man". And there are many others where Mac was successful at least to convince the "smaller" antagonists who were only acting in the name of the "big bad guy" - like Karen in this Phoenix Safe House against Quale, sorry I don't remember the Episode.

People around me warned me not to be too good, too open, think too good of the world. They were afraid that I would be broken some day when I trust the wrong person.
Mac encouraged me not to give up my "good" picture of humanity. In "The escape" it is really late when he succeeds in convincing this lady, but not too late!

To bad we can't shake hands now! I live the same.way, Mac was my rolmodel ;) try to see the good in everyone :D I agree fully my friend :D
Lots of love,

Lies