We love dogs and Animals

Philippa M

Re: We love dogs and Animals

Post by Philippa M »

grainofsand wrote:
Philippa M wrote:I thought i'd start of the proceedings with this rather odd tidbit i saw on facebook...

It's called '15 Dog breeds You Think You want But Probably shouldn't get'

BTW... Our man's favourite dog breed is on this piece as well. As well as the type of dog breed I own...

http://iheartdogs.com/15-dog-breeds-you ... uldnt-get/
Hi,
I'm not totally agree with what they say on Australian Sheperd.
Yes they have lots of energy but they don't become unruly and destructive. Not mine anyway.
Here is my furry buddy Dakota
Sandrine
I don't agree with the article at all, and the doggies i own, The Australian Cattle Dog is there as well as my other faves, dalmatian, Akita and the Rhodesian Ridgeback and Border Collie. Personally I think these authors talk nonsense and quite frankly have their own agendas. So i wholeheartedly agree with ya! AND plus all doggies need the same love, care, food and attention plus socialization like all other doggies... i wonder what would Barbara Woodhouse say about that?

Richard Dean Anderson is Macgyver! .... *my hearts duet*
grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

Absolutely they need attention and love and all is well.
A dog doesn't get destructive just because it can't run after a herd. I'm pretty sure was afraid Dakota by it, he prefers playing with his ball ;)
I must say that I don't know who is Barbara Woodhouse :?
Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

grainofsand

Post by grainofsand »

Ok thank you Philippa
We don't know her here but we should
Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

happy to help

Anja

Post by Anja »

JackGywer wrote:
Philippa M wrote:No Worries... understand your grief, I've lost a lot of pets over the years and its hard. And the grief ... . When my dear horse Judy died in 2007, her death hit with such force that i was a blubbering mess for weeks. And what i couldn't understand was that the day before she died, Judy was a fit healthy 20 yr old... running around like a young filly half her age, eating well ... neighing so cheerful and happy and boom! The next day she dropped like a stone on the ground never got up...
:( :( :( :( :( how sad

I agree but it is even harder when you have to decide to put a horse down, yours, Philippa, took that burden away from you! She didn't feel anything.
I wish that for mine as well when the time comes.
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

Anja wrote:
JackGywer wrote:
Philippa M wrote:No Worries... understand your grief, I've lost a lot of pets over the years and its hard. And the grief ... . When my dear horse Judy died in 2007, her death hit with such force that i was a blubbering mess for weeks. And what i couldn't understand was that the day before she died, Judy was a fit healthy 20 yr old... running around like a young filly half her age, eating well ... neighing so cheerful and happy and boom! The next day she dropped like a stone on the ground never got up...
:( :( :( :( :( how sad

I agree but it is even harder when you have to decide to put a horse down, yours, Philippa, took that burden away from you! She didn't feel anything.
I wish that for mine as well when the time comes.
Thing is Anja, I don't think i could. It would make me feel like I failed them as friend and Judy was my best friend from when I was 18 yrs old. And there will be a time when I will have to make this decision with my old man.... God being an adult sux.

Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

I know this is sort off the beaten track but I thought this video shows how animals can show love and dedication and loyalty to humans in real need... BTW the dog in the video is a rottweiler, another so-called 'dangerous dog' breed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M7PuuukzxY

Philippa M

Post by Philippa M »

I reckon this beautiful monitor lizard, also known as a goanna just shows the wonderful natural diversity of our native flora and fauna in Australia.. we're so lucky to be sharing our spaces with these gorgeous animals and i think we should share our spaces with them, instead of killing and abusing them.