hi....new here....

MacBeth

Re: Are you new? Say hello!

Post by MacBeth »

Welcome, Ella! What a sweet story!

I'm not attending FedCon myself, but several otheres here are, as I'm sure you know.

Here's a thought: at Gatecon 2008, the first con RDA attended, I know a lot of the regulars from the various fan sites scheduled meetups. I did a lot of the organizing for the MacGyverOnline group. I think there were also meetups for this forum and for Gateworld.

The MOL group did roomshares at the hotel, swapped cell phone numbers and room numbers, went out for dinner the first night at Horizons restaurant (the one used as a location for the pub scene in "Upgrades"), and hung around at other times. Some of us got together again at later events.

At any event like this, it is the best thing in the world to have at least a few other people you know there. I can't encourage this too much: arrange to meet! Stay in touch! Make your first meeting as early in the event as possible, so you'll be able to recognize each other during the rest of the event. Arrange to meet again, for coffee or lunch, or before or after panels. You're going to spend a lot of time standing in lines: it's much easier to stand in line with someone you know than to be entirely alone.

I've had a great time at every one of these cons, and the best part of it has actually been hanging out with the other fans. (I invited several to my wedding, as it happens! :D )
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Hi Ella!

Lucky you, going to Fedcon! That's great! Even with the big crowds... (I'm not a big crowd person myself)... I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time :)

I can only wish I was going.... Its going to be an amazing event.

I really liked your story, working with kids and everything, very nice and I'm sure its very rewarding :)

Anyway, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I hope you like it here, and I hope to see you around :)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Welcome Ella.

I'm going to FedCon. I hope to see you there and also around here in the forum :D
Claudia
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Freckles (aka Ella) wrote:
I'm pretty new here too.....
WELCOME!

Your work with kids of different backgrounds is really awesome. So glad they thought to give you a ticket to go to FedCon. I have never been to one of these but I am so glad others here will be going - including you. You will have to tell us what you did when you get back.

I am a newbie too - so hope to see you around the forum. Don't be shy - go ahead and post - I know your comments will be well received.
B
Freckles

Post by Freckles »

Hello all again...

...and thanks for your warm welcome and the valuable tips concerning a convention visit ;). It surely will be an interesting experience whatever that may mean :lol:
By the way, the voluntary work with the kids is great though sometimes very emotionally demanding for all but we all grow from it as you know, and they're the future.

I'm sure I'll pop back again at least after the convention and share my experience. Hey guys, are you all wearing a big sunflower in your hair when you're at the convention so I can recognize you and say 'hello'!?! ;)

Be well and happy
Ella
Communication | Patience | Love | Light and Laughters
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

:oops: I already thought I welcomed you Ella!!
I didn't!!

WELCOME and what a fantastic story!! So nice that you can go to the Fedcon, and you deserve it!!!!
Wow, fantastic! :D
Wishing you lots of fun!! Enjoy every moment.

WHAHAHA!! What a great Idea, everyone with a big sunflower (my favourite!!)
If I would go,I would have the biggest one in my hair, unfortunatly I'm not that fortunate.. ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

j-sky

Post by j-sky »

I don't know what I am :) .
I was on the older Forum for a couple of years and now I'm here.
Nice to be here!

I also welcome all the newbies here :)!

And @Freckles:
I will be at FedCon too. I'll be travelling alone there.
I love sunflowers too but there won't be one on my hair ;).
But I can wear something similar that you can recognise me ;) :D .
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

HEY J-SKY!!! Good to see ya!!! ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

darling

Post by darling »

@j-sky
WELCOME! Uh, and I think I owe you something... if I only know what... :oops: ;)
Caty

Post by Caty »

Welcome back, j-sky :D
So you finally found us again ;)
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)