Dime Novel Round-Up

macphoen

Dime Novel Round-Up

Post by macphoen »

Dime Novel Round-Up is "a magazine devoted to the collecting, preservation and study of old-time dime and nickel novels, popular story papers, series books, and pulp magazines." I have a print-out of the front cover to the October 1995 issue from http://www.rdajumpgate.com. Has anyone heard of this publication?

Taken from http://www.readseries.com/dnru.html:

Oct. 1995:
Dime Novel Sketches: Nicodemus Legend Dime Novels [fictitious -- from the TV series]
The Legendary Exploits of Ernest Pratt; or, A Dime Novelist as His Own Hero. The Story of the Legend Television Series (by J. Randolph Cox)

Dec. 1995:
Fulminations [on the TV series Legend -- comparing the character and Judson] (by J. Randolph Cox)

Feb. 1996:
Fulminations [on the TV series Legend] (by J. Randolph Cox)

Apr. 1996:

June 1996:
Fulminations [on the TV series Legend] (by Sam Sherman and J. Randolph Cox)

Oct. 1996:

Dec. 1996:

Feb. 1997:

June 1997:

Oct. 1997:

Dec. 1997:
Fulminations [on the TV series Legend] (by J. Randolph Cox and Sam Sherman)

April 1998:
Fulminations: When "Legend" Met "Legend" (by J. Randolph Cox)

June 1998:
Fulminations [on the TV series Legend] (by J. Randolph Cox and Sam Sherman)

Oct. 1998:
Fulminations: Being Further Comments and Annotations to the Episodes in the Saga of Legend (by J. Randolph Cox)

Feb. 1999:
Fulminations [on Legend television series, about a dime novelist] (by J. Randolph Cox and Sam Sherman)

June 1999:
Fulminations [on Legend television series, about a dime novelist] (by J. Randolph Cox & Sam Sherman)

Aug. 1999:
Fulminations [on Legend television series, about a dime novelist] (by J. Randolph Cox & Sam Sherman)

April 2005:
Fulminations: Being Further Comments and Annotations to the Episodes in the Saga of [the television series] Legend (by J. Randolph Cox)

June 2012:
Fulminations: Being Further Comments and Annotations to the Episodes in the Saga of Legend [and Ernest Pratt] (by J. Randolph Cox)
KateR
Site Admin

Re: Dime Novel Round-Up

Post by KateR »

macphoen wrote:Dime Novel Round-Up is "a magazine devoted to the collecting, preservation and study of old-time dime and nickel novels, popular story papers, series books, and pulp magazines." I have a print-out of the front cover to the October 1995 issue from http://www.rdajumpgate.com. Has anyone heard of this publication?
Yes, I've heard of it. I know Randy, and he had sent me a bunch of copies. He used to be fairly active on the RDA forums back in the MacGyver/Legend days.

Kate
guitarrgirl

Re: Dime Novel Round-Up

Post by guitarrgirl »

Damn! That link is dead. Great idea though. Would LOVE to see some!