Legend Blog

User avatar
themacgyverproject
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:54 am
Contact:

Legend Blog

Post by themacgyverproject » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:55 am

In two weeks, I'm going to start an episode by episode review of Legend on my MacGyver blog. Check it out!
http://themacgyverproject.blogspot.com/ ... oject.html

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Legend Blog

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:58 am

I was thinking of finally doing a Legend Lexicon like I did for Stargate.

(Yes, I still plan to do the one for MacGyver that I started ages ago, but somehow 12 episodes is less intimidating than 139.)

Maybe we can try to coordinate and spark some discussion here.

If I can manage to keep up. :)

Kate

User avatar
Caty
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:31 pm
Location: Near the North Sea, Germany

Re: Legend Blog

Post by Caty » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:10 pm

That sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to it. ;-)
If you need any help ... I'm offering. But after I got my DVD.

Somehow I expect my Legends-DVD around a special day - maybe I get it on January, 23rd :D :D :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)

User avatar
themacgyverproject
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:54 am
Contact:

Re: Legend Blog

Post by themacgyverproject » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:25 pm

KateR wrote:I was thinking of finally doing a Legend Lexicon like I did for Stargate.

(Yes, I still plan to do the one for MacGyver that I started ages ago, but somehow 12 episodes is less intimidating than 139.)

Maybe we can try to coordinate and spark some discussion here.

If I can manage to keep up. :)

Kate
Sounds good! My plan is to have my first post around 1/23 and then I was thinking of one post per week after that (at the most).

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Legend Blog

Post by KateR » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:51 pm

themacgyverproject wrote:Sounds good! My plan is to have my first post around 1/23 and then I was thinking of one post per week after that (at the most).
You may be the push I need to finally get this done. :)

(And then I need a push to finally finish 139 episodes of MacGyver! :roll: )

It would be nice to get some discussion started on the Forum. And anyone who couldn't/didn't buy the series can still join in by watching the episodes online in the Video Gallery.

BTW, in RDA's message this morning he did reference receiving the Legend DVDs: "Smiles flourished."

Kate

User avatar
Caty
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:31 pm
Location: Near the North Sea, Germany

Re: Legend Blog

Post by Caty » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:37 pm

KateR wrote: BTW, in RDA's message this morning he did reference receiving the Legend DVDs: "Smiles flourished."

Kate
I'm very happy for that, it was a wonderful idea to send it to him.
You are the best, Kate! :D :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)

User avatar
bftlovesRDA
Posts: 5977
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Re: Legend Blog

Post by bftlovesRDA » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:00 am

KateR wrote:
themacgyverproject wrote:Sounds good! My plan is to have my first post around 1/23 and then I was thinking of one post per week after that (at the most).
You may be the push I need to finally get this done. :)

(And then I need a push to finally finish 139 episodes of MacGyver! :roll: )

It would be nice to get some discussion started on the Forum. And anyone who couldn't/didn't buy the series can still join in by watching the episodes online in the Video Gallery.

BTW, in RDA's message this morning he did reference receiving the Legend DVDs: "Smiles flourished."

Kate
GREAT to READ re: him receiving the Legend DVD's and the message, "Smiles flourished." What a good idea it was to send these to him.......THANK YOU, KATE, for doing that.

I would love to read a Legends Blog. I would join in any discussion of Legends if I had anything worth contributing.

:D :D :D
B

User avatar
Annelies
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Legend Blog

Post by Annelies » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:07 am

i would love to help,with anything, just tell me, also with the MacGyver blog!! great IDEA!!
and THANK YOU AGAIN for making our man smile Kate, beautiful message ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

Image

User avatar
themacgyverproject
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:54 am
Contact:

Re: Legend Blog

Post by themacgyverproject » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 am

I just posted my review of Episode 1 of Legend. Hopefully I wasn't too harsh!
http://themacgyverproject.blogspot.com/ ... egend.html

User avatar
KateR
Site Admin
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Legend Blog

Post by KateR » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:23 am

Wow, you're way ahead of me!

I was hoping to get the first episode up by Saturday, but I had forgotten how many HOURS it takes me to do a single episode for the Lexicon. I've been working for about 8 hours and I'm only halfway through.

It will take me a lot longer to write up all the individual Lexicon entries for the episode, but I hope to at least get the main episode page up by the weekend. (Assuming I get all the birthday stuff done too!)

Interesting review. Incidentally, the whole "being mistaken for his character" isn't all that outrageous when you consider that the whole series is a metaphor for the way the public assumes actors are really the characters they portray. Think of that each time RDA does an interview and they ask him to create something with a paperclip. :roll: There are a LOT more jokes like that throughout the series. ("Yes, I am taller in real life.")

And "poor" Thomas Edison is going to get referenced later in the series as well. Bartok is based on Nikola Tesla, who really did have a feud with Thomas Edison.

I think you'll enjoy the references in later episodes to other real historical figures (President Grant, George Custer, Wild Bill Hickok...) I have wondered if non-Americans have been able to "get" some of the clever references and plot twists if they didn't grow up learning about these characters.

Oh, and the pilot episode ran two hours on TV (with commercials). All the other episodes are only an hour.

Don't get too far ahead of me! ;)

Kate

Post Reply