Legend on DVD

macjackfan

Re: Legend on DVD

Post by macjackfan »

Hi macphoen

Thanks for posting a link to that song. That was a good song. Very inspirational. :) Too bad they took it out of the DVDS. I hate it when they change things in the original shows. Bummer! Anyway, like Kate and everyone said, that shouldn't keep people from buying the episodes. We've waited this long for them to be on DVD, so I guess we have to accept what they give us. But glad the episodes are in good shape, as well as the packaging. I'll keep you posted if and when I get them. We have Easter coming in March, so that would be a good Easter gift. ;)

Thanks again everyone for all your feedback.

Take Care, and Hugs,
Nancy
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I finished MacGyver and have started to rewatch Legend. I am happy to say again that the quality of the DVD's and the videos are great. I am enjoying the 2nd go around with this series immensely. Have already watched the first 3 episodes again and I am so angry the UPN network or whoever it was cancelled this great series. It is so entertaining. RDA and John de Lancie make a remarkable team. And bringing in the bits of real history make the series even more enjoyable. RDA is "the center" of the series and steals the show...without him, it would be a nothing series. With him, it is actually fantastic! I can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes. I am not watching for anything special - just for pure enjoyment and have not been disappointed in any way. (will post this little comment over on the Legend Blog thread also).
B
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

DVDs finally came. I've only managed to be able to watch the first ten or fifteen minutes and have only just been introduced to Ernest Pratt - but I like him already :D
I have to agree with everyone else about the quality etc. mine are great! I don't notice anything with the colour out of the ordinary and the resolution is better than I was expecting for the age of the show - fantastic! Case is standard DVD case.
I'm off to Amazon website to post my review on it as being 'lotsa Stars' :D and even with the bad exchange rate from $AUD to $USD right now - plus overseas postage the value for money for a whole series is great too :)
Looking forward to being able to comment more on the Legend blog too now
Ebi
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

So glad you have now received the Legend DVD's and that they came in good shape. Enjoy!
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

So after watching the first DVD - and screencapping most episodes of that - my conclusion would be that the quality is not great. It's maybe not even considerable 'good' (not for screencapping anyway) and they're not even as good as the old MacGyver DVDS. But it's still tenfold better than what was cycling on the net before the DVD release. It's watchable and I can actually see faces/expressions/features and there aren't any jumpy scenes anymore and no green lines crossing the screen either :p There's a color distortion here and there (red-ish) but that's okay and doesn't disturb the fun.

I guess without remastering them (meaning they would have to spend money on making the quality better, snort) this is the best we can get and it's okay for the money it costs. I'm still very happy they are finally out on DVD.
CMac

Post by CMac »

I finally got to see some of this show!

It's so clever and well done! I can't wait to get my own DVD set. :D
Paja

Post by Paja »

First of all, let me thank everyone who voted for Legend on DVD, and especially Anne for her unyielding enthusiasm in this matter. It is incredible that we finally get Legend on DVD. Sometimes miracles do happen, as it seems.

I have ordered it from Amazon (through Kate’s web site, of course :)) and now I’m impatiently waiting for it to be delivered. The poor - or not so good as it might have been - image quality and modified soundtrack as some fans reported here are quite disappointing. But I ordered anyway and am happy for the opportunity to add this gem to my RDA collection. Thank you all who made this happen.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Hi Paja, It's nice to see you back on here. Miss you.

As I've posted I have the DVDs and I haven't had any problems with them. I must admit though I haven't analyzed them as much as others. I just mostly watch them for the fun of it.

Pam
If you can't say anything nice.....

ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

Hi guys

I have to say that I've watched the whole series through and I had no problems with the quality at all.
I thought they were great. I did not know how the original aired as far as music went, but I didn't think any of what I watched was out of place. So I hope you enjoy as much as I did :)
Ernest Pratt is truly a Legend :D
Ebi
Anne

Post by Anne »

PamK1950 wrote:Hi Paja, It's nice to see you back on here. Miss you.

As I've posted I have the DVDs and I haven't had any problems with them. I must admit though I haven't analyzed them as much as others. I just mostly watch them for the fun of it.

Pam
I think the quality issue is only becoming a problem when you want to work with the DVDs, like do screencaps and do artwork etc or make videos. Because then it's very apparent that the quality is pretty poor, but as I said before - it's much better than any of the copies I had before so I won't complain. They are okay for watching - if you don't try to watch them on a huge screen.