Legend on DVD

frenchwriter

Re: Legend on DVD

Post by frenchwriter »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Woohoo! I received a notice from Amazon that the Legend on DVD product is in and will be to me by January 11th !

A little bit late for Christmas....but I will take it any time!
You're lucky Bettie

I'm waiting mine ;)
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

Ordered my copy of Legend on the 28th December, though it's still showing as a pre-order for me. I've never seen the show and am looking forward to it very much. Even though I'm watching MacGyver from the beginning - the amount of time I've been spending with him I think I'll be finished by the time it arrives :)
Just to the region issue that some people have spoken about...I live in Austrlaia, which used to mean ordering everything through Amazon UK as neither the region nor the tv type (PAL vs NTSC) of the US were compatible here. Many DVDs/ blurays are now region free, but even if they are not in my experience you can watch any region DVD on a bluray player without difficulty. I have ordered a lot of DVDs from the US Amazon over the last 2 or 3 years and have had no trouble watching any of them on my bluray player, but am unable to watch a region coded bluray on it unless it's 4(pacific) or 2(UK).
As far a the PAL/ NTSC thing - that is a thing of the past as is cathode ray tvs. As far as I know any flat screen plasma, LCD or LED tv should play either.
I don't want to give anyone misleading information so if someone out there knows different as to the DVDs playing on a bluray please correct me if I'm wrong. As for myself I just ended up taking the chance on a hunch a few years back and ordered a DVD and tried it, once it worked I've been using Amazon US ever since.
Ebi
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

ebineez01 wrote:Ordered my copy of Legend on the 28th December, though it's still showing as a pre-order for me. I've never seen the show and am looking forward to it very much. Even though I'm watching MacGyver from the beginning - the amount of time I've been spending with him I think I'll be finished by the time it arrives :)
Just to the region issue that some people have spoken about...I live in Austrlaia, which used to mean ordering everything through Amazon UK as neither the region nor the tv type (PAL vs NTSC) of the US were compatible here. Many DVDs/ blurays are now region free, but even if they are not in my experience you can watch any region DVD on a bluray player without difficulty. I have ordered a lot of DVDs from the US Amazon over the last 2 or 3 years and have had no trouble watching any of them on my bluray player, but am unable to watch a region coded bluray on it unless it's 4(pacific) or 2(UK).
As far a the PAL/ NTSC thing - that is a thing of the past as is cathode ray tvs. As far as I know any flat screen plasma, LCD or LED tv should play either.
I don't want to give anyone misleading information so if someone out there knows different as to the DVDs playing on a bluray please correct me if I'm wrong. As for myself I just ended up taking the chance on a hunch a few years back and ordered a DVD and tried it, once it worked I've been using Amazon US ever since.
Glad you have a copy of Legend on order. People here did a lot of work (getting people to contact the company, etc) to get the Production Company to put Legend out on DVD. I am so looking forward to my copy getting here. I have seen the different episodes that are on YouTube - but they are fuzzy at best. Glad to know you can watch any region DVD on a bluray player without difficulty. And that the PAL/NTSC thing is a thing of the past. Good to know.

Well, again, glad you are here. We have several members from Australia (and New Zealand), so I hope you will meet up with some of them. But I am glad, from the US, that you are here. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wonder of wonders - I received notice from Amazon today that my "Legends" on DVD has shipped! I can't wait to view the episodes in full, clear color. Thank you again to all those who worked tirelessly to get this produced on DVD. My wish and hope is that everyone who wants to see Legends on DVD will eventually be able to do so.
B
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

I also should say thanks :)
It would be nice to be able to get all his movies on DVD - but at least they are available to watch.
I still don't have my email yet, but fingers crossed it will be soon :D
Ebi
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Wonder of wonders - I received notice from Amazon today that my "Legends" on DVD has shipped! I can't wait to view the episodes in full, clear color. Thank you again to all those who worked tirelessly to get this produced on DVD. My wish and hope is that everyone who wants to see Legends on DVD will eventually be able to do so.
I'm happy too...
My Legend's DVD are on the way to come home...
I will receive between 18 and 25 January...

Youpiiiii !!! :D :D :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

frenchwriter wrote:
bftlovesRDA wrote:Wonder of wonders - I received notice from Amazon today that my "Legends" on DVD has shipped! I can't wait to view the episodes in full, clear color. Thank you again to all those who worked tirelessly to get this produced on DVD. My wish and hope is that everyone who wants to see Legends on DVD will eventually be able to do so.
I'm happy too...
My Legend's DVD are on the way to come home...
I will receive between 18 and 25 January...

Youpiiiii !!! :D :D :D

So glad to hear this, frenchwriter!!!!!!! High Five!

B
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Oh happy day'!!!! Look what came in the mail today :D :D :D

If you can't say anything nice.....

Caty

Post by Caty »

PamK1950 wrote:Oh happy day'!!!! Look what came in the mail today :D :D :D

You and you little one are so lucky, Pam. :D

And mine is on it's way, it's shipped!! :D :D