Your MacGyver story

themacgyverproject

Re: Your MacGyver story

Post by themacgyverproject »

Fun topic! When I was a kid, I locked myself out of a bedroom in my house. I took a hairpin and picked the lock, and I was very proud and felt like MacGyver himself. :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Macgyverfan2015 said,
"I have to say I am a big fan and if there is one wish my son wants to meet RDA and I would like to too I have the whole set of the dvd of the show we watched them alot I know what we will be doing next summer hope Rick reads theses thanks Macgyverfan2015"
I don't know where you are located but keep looking at this site and you should be able to find out when and where Richard Dean Anderson will be appearing in 2015. I hope you and your son do get to meet him in person. Your MacGyverisms are good ones! :D :D :D
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Thought this was a good place to post it....
Don't know if it was posted already somewhere.. then I've missed it :oops:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -pump.html
:D such good work hope Richard did see it...Another thing he did for humanity and animal :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Annelies wrote:Thought this was a good place to post it....
:D such good work hope Richard did see it...Another thing he did for humanity and animal :lol:
Wow, Lies, that is a great article with great photos. I Hope everybody will read it. And I hope, like you, that Richard sees this article. It's as you say another thing he has done for humanity and for animals, specifically for a whale!

HOW NICE TO READ!!!!!!!
B
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Annelies wrote:Thought this was a good place to post it....
Thank you Annelies for this link..
I love it...
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Lies for posting this incredible article. So wonderful to read and watch the video. And feeling so happy and proud once again for OUR MAN and his contribution to the environmental world. It is absolutely GREAT. Hope Rick will get to see it. I'm sure he'll be very glad.
ebineez01

Post by ebineez01 »

All these stories are fantastic! :D
I was only thinking of asking the same question a few days after Christmas due to my own 'what would MacGyver do?' moment.
I was given a hammock for Christmas, the type you string between two trees. Unfortunately the straps that came with it were not good and kept stretching so that no matter how high I strung the thing, five minutes after I got into it my butt was on the ground!
While wondering how long I would have to wait for new straps to be delivered if I ordered them on the net, I had THE thought...what would Mac do? So I went fossicking in my shed and came up with two perfectly good straps from old climbing harnesses - that are even adjustable. Just a quick modification with the trusty knife and they have done the job perfectly :D

Another moment was when I cut my finger and had no bandages. Cut off a clean piece of rag and secured it all with - you guessed it - duct tape :lol: not exactly a first class Mac moment that one - but the duct tape made me smile anyway
Ebi
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

ebineez01 wrote:All these stories are fantastic! :D
I was only thinking of asking the same question a few days after Christmas due to my own 'what would MacGyver do?' moment.
I was given a hammock for Christmas, the type you string between two trees. Unfortunately the straps that came with it were not good and kept stretching so that no matter how high I strung the thing, five minutes after I got into it my butt was on the ground!
While wondering how long I would have to wait for new straps to be delivered if I ordered them on the net, I had THE thought...what would Mac do? So I went fossicking in my shed and came up with two perfectly good straps from old climbing harnesses - that are even adjustable. Just a quick modification with the trusty knife and they have done the job perfectly :D

Another moment was when I cut my finger and had no bandages. Cut off a clean piece of rag and secured it all with - you guessed it - duct tape :lol: not exactly a first class Mac moment that one - but the duct tape made me smile anyway
Good stories. Thanks, Ebi.
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic story Ebi!!! Thank you!!
Lots of love,

Lies

Astra

Post by Astra »

I once came home in the evening and and couldn't get the key into the mailbox. The lock was frozen. I thought about how I could thaw it. Obvious solution would have been with a fan, but it was not possible to plug it in anywhere nearby. So I thought a bit more out of the box. I went upstairs, heated a pot of water, went down and held it under the mailbox. The hot steam thawed my lock. Thank you MacGyver!

I want to add that in former Eastern Germany we all were little MacGyvers. If machines stopped working but they were not able to get the right parts, or if you wanted something that was not available to buy, you had to help yourself.

Many years ago a friend gave me this - one of the best gifts I ever received!