Point of no Return - A MacGyver FanFiction

Monika

Re: Point of no Return - A MacGyver FanFiction

Post by Monika »

Hi Bluegirl,
I can only agree.
Great story. I look forward to the continuation.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Thank you so much.
It´s only two more parts to go until it is a wrapped up...
The stuff is already there. I just find a different way to use it.
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

tvero80 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:36 pm Sorry I haven't reacted yet , bluegirl , but I love your new fanfiction (too). You really have a gift for telling stories !!
I have to admit I was starting to get a little bit worried. I missed your feedback...
But thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

bluegirl wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 pm
tvero80 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:36 pm Sorry I haven't reacted yet , bluegirl , but I love your new fanfiction (too). You really have a gift for telling stories !!
I have to admit I was starting to get a little bit worried. I missed your feedback...
I wasn't very far ;) Sorry if you got worried because of me .
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

tvero80 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:09 pm
bluegirl wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 pm
I wasn't very far ;) Sorry if you got worried because of me .
No need to be sorry - It´s only because many people are reading along, but very few are giving feedback... so each comment is valuable - it makes all the work worth it. Especially when it says something about being gifted... :D :o
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Time for the next part - but I have to admit, this one is also quite short - but intense.
The final part will be longer again

Part 9

MacGyver´s recovery had been steady and thankfully without complications over the following days. The operation wound was healing well, his lungs were working without any sign of pneumonia and the pain caused by the damage to his shoulder blade lessened, just as Dr. Thompson had predicted. He was allowed to sit up and get out of his bed soon, with his arm still held firmly to his torso by a bandage. Mac got annoyed once and again with that bandage, but a recurring twinge in his back reminded him of why he would have to bear with it for some time.

Nevertheless he got quickly accustomed to being able to use only one arm. Pete had hardly ever left his side. Only on Monday Mac was alone, when Pete had flown to Los Angeles and back to get some of Mac´s stuff from the houseboat. By the end of the week Dr. Thompson had been sufficiently pleased with MacGyver´s condition and progress and had cleared him to leave the hospital. In accordance to the doctor´s advice Pete had arranged for a jet to take them home to Los Angeles.

It was just after midday on Friday when they departed their plane on the airport in Los Angeles. Mac had spent almost the whole flight dozing, with Pete and the doc keeping close watch over him. Before Dr. Thompson separated from Pete and MacGyver and headed for his own car that had been parked there for the last week, he turned back to MacGyver.

“I want to see you for a check-up on Monday.” he ordered in a voice that allowed no room for discussion. “And please, try to get some rest over the weekend. Take it slow, MacGyver.” His face was serious as he looked into Mac´s eyes.

“I will, doc.” Mac smiled back obedient. “I can´t do too much on my own with this handicap anyway.”

The doctor shot him a slightly distrustful look and turned to Pete, who quickly raised his hands in defense.

“I will have an eye on him.” Pete said. “And I´ll make sure that he keeps that appointment on Monday.”

Dr. Thompson eyed them both probingly again.

“All right.” he replied. “Take care.”

Then he left for his car and drove off.

Pete had arranged for a comfortable sedan waiting for them, but before he picked up their bags and went over to it, he turned to his friend.

“You´ve been oddly quiet during the whole day.” he asked concerned. “What´s the matter?”

Mac straightened himself. He knew he had withdrawn to himself again. He knew it had to do with what he wanted to be doing next. Going to that prison, confronting Chen, showing him that Mac´s spirit had not been broken, that Chen had lost his power over Mac.

“I´m fine.” he answered. “Maybe a little tired.”

“Mac, what´s bothering you?” Pete insisted.

MacGyver took a deep breath.

“I was just thinking about where we will be heading next… our visit to Chen.”

Pete frowned and was silent for a moment.

“Dr. Thompson said, you should be getting some rest.” he then tried to argue.

“He said I should get some rest over the weekend.” Mac opposed quickly. “And I will after we´ve been to that prison.”

Pete sighed silently, but didn´t move.

“Pete, you promised, you´d set everything up.” Mac kept pressing on with a little doubt in his voice.

Would Pete disappoint me again?

Pete saw the determination, but now also the slight hurt and the anxious uncertainty in Mac´s dark eyes. No, he was not going to make the same mistake again. He would not hold MacGyver back. Even, if he was seriously concerned about his remaining strength after one week in the hospital.

“You are really sure about this? It has to be today?”

“Yeah, I am.” Mac steadily held his gaze.

“If it is what you want.” Pete nodded. “I did announce our visit to the prison´s warden. But I really thought you might want to rest first.”

He lifted up his briefcase and Mac´s duffle bag and started walking to the waiting car and driver with MacGyver beside him. Mac puffed out a breath, he hadn´t known he´d been holding.

“I will be getting some rest afterwards.” he promised Pete with a relieved sigh.

MacGyver had been silent throughout the drive to the state prison. His first look at the visitor´s entrance after he and Pete had gotten out of the sedan, reminded him of his thoughts and emotions during his last visit ten days ago. He still felt uneasy at the prospect of seeing his torturer but now things were really different.

Mac had grown to accept and acknowledge his feelings in the meantime. He remembered the fear, the pain, the desperation and the hopelessness very well, yet those emotions had no power over him anymore. He was back in control. Chen wouldn´t be able to catch him off guard again. He concentrated on his task. He needed to show Chen – and himself – that he had not been broken, that he was beyond the point from where he would not have been able to return.

Pete kept close watch over MacGyver the whole time, from the moment they entered the prison, through the security checks and on their way to the separate rooms for the visits. When they had to wait there for several minutes, Pete turned to his friend.

“Mac, are you...?”

“I´m fine, Pete.” Mac cut him off in a low voice. Mac´s face was calm as he met Pete´s worried gaze. His eyes were dark, but focused. After a silent moment he continued: “Listen, I´d like to talk alone to Chen first. Give me some time. I´ll knock on the door when I want you to join me.”

Pete´s look showed his doubt.

“You don´t have to face him alone…” he started to object, but the resolve on Mac´s face quieted him in mid-sentence. He nodded with a sigh.

Mac laid his hand on Pete´s shoulder.

“I appreciate your concern, but I´m okay… really.” he reassured Pete with a small smile.

Only a moment later Mac´s expression was serious again, as the prison guard returned, unlocked and opened the door for them. Mac took a deep breath, turned away from Pete, straightened himself and went into the room where Chen was waiting for him. His concentration instantly focused on the man chained to the opposite side of the table. Once more his eyes got caught by the bright orange overall and the handcuffs. Again he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

But the tension inside didn´t rise. Even, when Chen looked up at him with his self-assured smile.

“MacGyver! Back so soon? Oh, you´re injured again. Too bad. Would you care to tell me what happened?” he asked with a curt nod to the bandage that held Mac´s arm.

“I might.” Mac replied calm. “Maybe a little later.”

“Have you come back with more questions?” Chen continued, while Mac sat down facing him and eyed him quietly. “What makes you think I will answer them today?”

“Nothing.” Mac shook his head. Again he felt how Chen tried to get control of the conversation and put pressure on him. Yet this time, Mac didn´t feel the pressure rise on himself. On the contrary, he sensed Chen getting tense.

Is it because you haven´t heard from your syndicate and cartel associates for a week now, is it because I´m still alive or is it because I´m staying calm today? Mac thought to himself.

“I´m not here to ask questions.” Mac told him. “I´m here to answer some.”

“What information you have might be interesting to me?” Chen chuckled.

“Maybe why you´re not getting information about your operations outside anymore…” Mac suggested. For a split second he could see, that he´d hit a nerve before Chen regained his composure.

“How on earth should I be able to get information from anyone on the outside?” Chen asked grinning. “This is a high security prison, remember?”

“We will find out, how they managed to stay in touch with you.” Mac replied, smiling back. “What´s important for you is, that you won´t hear from them anytime soon. Or even not at all.”

Chen´s grin got small and grim.

“Them? Who or what are you talking about?” he tried to keep the poker face up.

Mac leaned back in his chair.

Got you, he thought relaxed. Now how about the leverage this time…

“Let´s just say I found the connection between your crime syndicate and a Hong Kong cartel.” he explained slowly. “I know what they are dealing with. I know why you were after Phoenix Research and me.”

“If you know the answers to all the questions you´ve asked me ten days ago, what do you want from me?” Chen insisted impatient. “Why do you waste my time?”

Mac took a deep breath, his smile faded.

“I wanted to tell you, that I also found a house south of Big Sur.” he continued. “I´ve been there. I´ve discovered drugs, weapons and a quite sophisticated lab. I know where the drug you used on me came from.”

He paused a moment to let the information sink in, while he watched his opponent. By now he could clearly see, how Chen had a hard time keeping up his façade.

“The murderous attack on my life on my houseboat failed.” Mac added.

“I can certainly see that.” Chen shot back annoyed. “At least they injured you…”

“No, that´s not what happened.” Mac slowly shook his head.

Chen glared at him for a second, but quickly returned to his cold smile.

“So, will you tell me now?”

“The DEA and Pete Thornton backed me up in securing the house and arresting the cartel´s men.” Mac told him while leaning forward. “Your brother managed to remain unseen and attempted to kill Pete. I was hit, when I tried to save his life.”

Chen´s smile widened a bit.

“I´m sorry to hear about that.”

“Why did you go after Pete?” Mac asked with sudden anger. “Your revenge was against me… Why did he shoot at Pete?”

Chen leaned back, relaxing a bit.

“To weaken you, MacGyver.” he answered. “Peter Thornton´s death was part of the plan since your escape. It never mattered getting me arrested. I was just a wheel in a bigger network… We will get you… Like we got Thornton… Sometime.”

MacGyver sighed, sat back and collected himself again.

“I don´t think so.”

Then he got up and turned to the door.

“Fleeing me once more, MacGyver?” he heard Chen call from behind.

Mac froze for a moment. Then he knocked on the door, took a step aside and turned back to Chen.

“No, not this time.” he said calm and self-assured. “I don´t need to.”

He observed how Chen´s face fell when Pete came in to stand at MacGyver´s side.

“I´m here to tell you, that you have no more power over me, my fears or my emotions.” Mac continued evenly. “We´ve taken down your home base close to Big Sur. We´ve arrested most of your top men. We´ve arrested several of your L.A. thugs in an attempt to steal the detection device. We can shut down the operations of your cartel at least in California with what we´ve found out. Your plan has failed. I did save Pete´s life. Your brother didn´t save his own.”

For a moment Chen was caught off guard and silent, then he glared at both men.

“You´re as good as dead. Both!” he snarled with a stone cold voice.

“You´ve tried that before.” Pete cut in. “Your men have failed.”

Chen seemed to freeze for some seconds, but then he suddenly bolted up and tried to get to Pete and MacGyver, pulling hard on his restraints. The prison guard rushed into the room at once, ordered Chen harshly to sit down and pushed him back into his chair when he didn´t obey.

MacGyver hadn´t flinched or moved a bit. He still looked down composed on Chen.

“I´m here to tell you that you didn´t manage to break my mind or my spirit.” he addressed the Chinese man firm. “I´ve returned stronger than before.” Mac glanced sideways at Pete. “And you can´t break our friendship apart.”

Pete laid one hand on Mac´s good shoulder.

“Right.” he confirmed.

Chen was still boiling with rage, yet remained silent.

“Goodbye, Chen. The next time, I´ll see you, will be in court.” MacGyver said finally without any stress, turned and left the room with Pete in tow.

The guard followed them, closed the door and guided them as far as through the security check and outside again.

MacGyver hadn´t spoken a word, until they reached the waiting sedan and it´s driver. He took several deep breaths once he was seated inside. With his task now accomplished and his focus on Chen gone, he felt how tired he was and how many memories had surfaced because of that visit. Although he was able to cope with the emotions and keep quiet, he sensed the strain to his weakened body. He knew that Pete was observing him closely and that he had noticed it.

“Will you allow me to take you home now?” Pete asked as soon as they had closed the doors of the car.

Mac turned his head to face Pete with a tired, but relieved smile.

“Please.” he answered. “I´d like to get some rest now.”

Monika

Post by Monika »

Hi Bluegirl,
Thanks for the continuation.
You have a wonderful talent to entertain people with your stories.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Great chapter, bluegirl. Yes, intense. Love Mac's determination to not let Chen win over him emotionally any more. Mac appears to be the victor.
B
bluegirl

Post by bluegirl »

Thank you both for yor applause...

Intense and yes, he appears to be on top of things - but if everything is alright by now, what would there be left to tell in the finale? :shock: :o :shock: :o
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Oooo - intrigue - can't wait for the finale!
B