Articles/Polls/News...

bftlovesRDA

Re: Articles/Polls/News...

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Ah, yes, Charleston and Savannah are beautiful South Carolina Coastal Cities. I love them too.

If you have the chance, I hope you will come to North Carolina - especially to our Outer Banks (if they haven't been washed away by a hurricane) and / or to our Great Smokey Mountains. North Carolina has a lot of natural beauty in it...and a lot of history. I live near the Capital City - Raleigh - which has much history and beauty involved with it.
So, once again, "ya'll come". :D :D :D (end of commercial for NC - sorry for the digression and the gushing - I usually only gush about RDA here!!!!
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

OK B, I guess I was totally wrong about your State, but don't worry, North Carolina is fine. As I said, every State is very special to me, because I love your country very much. And I'm happy too and so proud to be a part of this big International "family" of fans. I call it "my RDA family".
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I should have added :quizzes .

Today there was a quiz on French TV concerning MacGyver.It was a very easy one for fans: here are the questions.

-what is the pocket accessory MacGyver usually uses?
-before playing Susan in Desperate Housewives she played Penny Parker in MacGyver.Who is she?
-who is MacGyver's nemesis who never dies?
-what is the name of the foundation where MacGyver works ?
-what part of the body betrays Jack Dalton when he lies?
-what animals kill Charles Alden ?

I'm sure you have found all the answers (just like me :) )
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

It's really great to have a MacGyver quizz on French TV. I know and have heard that MacGyver was a HUGE success in your country, so it's wonderful to know that it's still being mentioned on your TV, one way or the other. About the questions, as you said, they were really easy, especially for the fans of the show, but I'll be honest. I couldn't answer the last one, "What animals kill Charles Alden? " Can't remember that name.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Don't focus on the name Nicole (I didn't remember it either,the poor man dies rather quickly) but on the animals .It was a spectacular episode which ended in a disaster...Does it ring a bell ?
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

tvero80 wrote:Sorry B, I didn't want to seem too inquisitive .

There are differences in accents (easy to recognize for us French) between the North and the South .As for the sayings I'm not sure. People from the North are supposed to be.... people from the South are supposed to be ...it's more a question of cliché than anything else .But no nickname comes to my mind.

I think I've just reached my 200th post and since I liked Stargate Sg1 '200' very much I'm going to dress like Jack as Kermitt (used a green outfit I don't know if you saw that in the behind the scenes where RDA explained it, it was hilarious) and disappear like him :D .The British call us 'Froggies' ,that's why I was referring to Kermitt :) Do you have a nickname(or nicknames ) for us too in the USA?

V

Yes there are differences ... but you are right V, it's cliches because a lot of people were born and live in different parts of France and take the accent after several years...
Me, per example... I've born in North East and I've came in South from a lot of years... My mind and my hearts are always staying in North East, but my accent is a little more South...

I don't know for you "B". I'm into this forum from unless time than you and other fans, and unfortunately I don't know the United States. I hope to know them one day... But I'm sure its differences are very interesting and amazing for the life...and for all humans...