Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

ritab2610

Re: Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

Post by ritab2610 »

The Madonna always does it for me.... after seeing it the x-st time, I still cry.
And when I hear the song "I'll be home for Christmas"... I always get that scene of Mac before my eyes.... such a beautiful episode in every way.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

MacBeth wrote:*g* Kate might know more about the actual injury -- I've always suspected it was from skiing.
A little blurb in the TV Guide from February 8, 1986 (page A-2) says:

"There's no subterfuge on MacGyver. The cast you'll see on MacGyver's right arm in several upcoming episodes is real. Actor Richard Dean Anderson broke his hand during an action sequence. The explanation for his character's cast? A skiing injury."

Over the years, I've had a chance to ask him about a number of his other injuries, including the little scar under his chin, but I never got around to asking him for more details about the broken hand from MacGyver.

Kate
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Yay Kate! Thank you!!

So what's the story behind the scar under the chin? Hockey?
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

MacBeth wrote:Yay Kate! Thank you!!

So what's the story behind the scar under the chin? Hockey?
He told the story this way:
No, I’ve got those [scars] on the top of my head, and one down here [indicating the bottom of his chin]. I’ve had that since I was a kid. I took the rear end of a skate blade right up through the bottom of my chin, and bled! Wylie and I were trying to count how many scars Daddy had at one point. I think it was 70 or something like that. She started wanting to see them all. She’s got two already. Like I say that with pride!
It's from my interview "The Road Back" in the Archives here:

http://rdanderson.com/archives/2003-09-11.htm

He was talking about the eyebrow scar, and this one came up.

Kate
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Thank you!

I first noticed the scar in a screencap I did from a MacGyver episode. I confess, I then used the scar in a crossover story, and blamed it on an adolescent fistfight with Mac's cousin Jack O'Neill. *hangs head*
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you for the explanation,Kate.

That was quick .

Poor man ,so many injuries,scars and so on and so forth...
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Thanks Kate.

I had noticed the cast in Everytime she Smiles, but since at the beginning of To be a Man he has no cast I didn't think it was real. So he got injured and he even worked with a broken hand. Auch! That's what I call dedication. :shock:
Claudia
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Kate said:
He was talking about the eyebrow scar, and this one came up.
I don't know if this is the eyebrow scar you speak of or not - but in "Broca Divide" - he doesn't have a bandage on the left corner of his eyebrow/ temple area at the start of the episode....but after "the lost" - the infected dark side people attack Jack and the others when they first come into that planet - Jack has a bandage over that spot....and on for the rest of that episode.

I have always wondered what happened there - but if it's what he spoke of in the interview you mention - that explains it.

Thanks for stepping in and clarifying some of RDA's scars and injuries (real ones) during the filming of MacGyver and of Stargate.
B
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

bftlovesRDA wrote:I don't know if this is the eyebrow scar you speak of or not . Jack has a bandage over that spot....and on for the rest of that episode.
Not just the rest of the episode, that scar is there for the rest of the seasons! :)

Jack has an eyebrow scar (I can't remember what episode it was made in.. you're probably right with "Broca Divide") but from whatever show he got the scar in, he's had the scar ever since. Not RDA himself, just the character Jack. They had to maintain it so it would keep looking like a scar and not let the hair grow back over it. Its on his left eyebrow. Its not a huge or anything, just a scar.

You can see it in these pictures

I think his scar added character to his face and I think its sexy :oops:
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

They even make a joke out of it for "Wormhole X-Treme", giving Michael DeLuise eyebrow scars.