Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

Caty

Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

Post by Caty »

Hi folks,

I just watched "The Madonna" and like everytime I watch this, I'm crying like a child. Image
I so feel with Mac, when Cynthia sings "I'll be home for christmas" and my tears are flowing like rivers.
I want to be able to hug him, to tell him everything will be okay.
And it's not that I saw this episode for the first time, it happens every time. Image

Does anybody feel the same? Do you have other episodes, that are very special to you?
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Annelies

Re: Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

Post by Annelies »

Caty wrote:Hi folks,

I just watched "The Madonna" and like everytime I watch this, I'm crying like a child. Image
I so feel with Mac, when Cynthia sings "I'll be home for christmas" and my tears are flowing like rivers.
I want to be able to hug him, to tell him everything will be okay.
And it's not that I saw this episode for the first time, it happens every time. Image

Does anybody feel the same? Do you have other episodes, that are very special to you?
Oh yes, I also have that with "the Madonna!!"
And he is so fantastic with that little girl!! Shivering everytime I see it!!
Only one word comes in to my mind: "Ice Cream" ;)

The episode wich is very special to me is"There", but for the grace.. Beeing homeless is hard, and lot of people don't take you serious because of the prejudices they have...I love the moment when Mac is hunted down by one of the bad guys, but is arrested and then shouts: Are you listening to me at all???"
Shows the other side PERFECTLY!!! And yes, I'm listening ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Ohhh, great topic!

Also very, very difficult to answer. I can't actually narrow it down to one.

Nightmares is very dear to me, because when the series first aired, that was the episode where I had a moment that simply went 'click!' and I knew I was completely in love with the show and the character. It's not actually my all-time favourite episode, but it's really, really special because of that.

On the really personal level: Passages. It's such a beautiful and powerful episode. My own parents died six months apart, relatively young, so there's that. I would give anything to see them again, even if it was just to say good-bye.

I know a lot of people don't like The Stringer: it's trope-heavy, and it ended the series, so some people resent its existence. The flying effect was badly done. But I love the story. I love the strength it gave as a finale -- at that time, series never actually concluded; they just stopped, and there was no closure.

But after all that, my Special trophy goes to The Challenge. It's an incredibly well-done episode, and the acting knocks it out of the park. Dana Elcar directed, and maybe that drew an even better performance out of RDA. The episode is simply brilliant. It's still relevant, too (although I wish it weren't!), and still powerful. What more can I say?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Great Topic.

I also loved "Passages".

There are so many FAVS......One I liked so much was "To Be A Man".....since it was about Afghanistan which was in the news at that time due to the Russians invading that country and now of course our own troops have been there fighting for freedom. It also had the really good acting of the young man and his mother who was quite beautiful. Mac of course was his own splendid self...and I have always wondered about the REAL cast on his arm - did he break his arm in the filming process or was it from his activities outside of his work or what? Either way, he did well to be in that episode with a broken arm (it looked like one at least).
B
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

bftlovesRDA wrote: I have always wondered about the REAL cast on his arm
I wondered about that too. I know it had to be real, because in the episode before "To Be A Man" which would be "Every Time She Smiles", he had the cast on too. So I know something happened to him :?

Anyway, good topic, but I can't just narrow it down to one episode.

"The Ugly Ducking" and "The Gauntlet" are both episodes that mean a lot to me for personal reasons.

"Passages" and "The Challenge" are both special episodes to me to, I really love them both. RDA's acting was amazing and so REAL. "The Challenge" always makes me cry...its so moving and sad when Mac finds Booker... :cry: Passages never fails to make me tear up too :cry:
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I would choose the' Widowmaker' (even if I mentioned 'Blow out' before):

- great scenery (to me Canada was far better than LA)
-Murdoc and Nikki (I liked them both)
-great acting , RDA looked so vulnerable, specially in the scene with Pete... :(
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

There are so many episodes that are special to me, I could list at least 20.

For some reason I'd say Cease Fire, I like the scenes with Lisa. :)

Then also Ugly Duckling, I like the scenes with Kate.

Also The Battle of Tommy Giordano, he's so good with kids.

And Passages, Log Jam, There but for the grace, and others, including To Be A Man, Nightmares, The widowmaker, The Escape, Runners, Ma Dalton, Strictly Business, Humanity, etc.

There's a special episode for every mood. :D
Claudia
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Mac/Jack#1fan wrote:in the episode before "To Be A Man" which would be "Every Time She Smiles", he had the cast on too.
It was a real injury and a real cast: I think it was either a broken hand or wrist. He got it when they were almost finished shooting "The Enemy Within" -- you can just spot it in the morgue interior shots, although they do a very good job of hiding it. (Bear in mind that TV episodes are not shot in the same sequence as the script's timeline.)

After that, they accommodated it in the scriptwriting: they wrote it into "Every Time She Smiles" as a skiing injury, and into "To Be a Man" as a gunshot wound. I think RDA must have been mostly recovered by that time, since there are a few scenes (the opening scenes) in which he isn't wearing the cast -- but he is wearing gloves. The injury isn't part of the essential plot structure of "Every Time She Smiles", but it is in "To Be a Man".

Another clue showing you that it was a real injury: it's on his right hand. They usually whumped his left side, which was easier to do and still allow the character to perform all the business and blocking required.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

MacBeth wrote:
It was a real injury and a real cast: I think it was either a broken hand or wrist. He got it when they were almost finished shooting "The Enemy Within" -- you can just spot it in the morgue interior shots, although they do a very good job of hiding it.
THANK YOU for that information....I have wondered about the cast ever since I saw it in To Be A Man. :D :D :D
B
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

*g* Kate might know more about the actual injury -- I've always suspected it was from skiing.