What is your favorite Mac/Pete episode?

CMac

What is your favorite Mac/Pete episode?

Post by CMac »

I was wondering what everyone's favorite episode was involving MacGyver and Pete really working well together. I'd have to say the strongest episode for me in that regard is The Survivors. They function well as a team in that one. Runners up for me would be Easy Target, Blind Faith, and Early Retirement. Each of those show the incredible bond these two characters have, and the strong emotional connections they share. Rarely have I seen two characters in a TV show exhibit the true meaning of friendship the way these two guys do. It seems so genuine.

So, what is your favorite MacGyver/Pete episode?
Annelies

Re: What is your favorite Mac/Pete episode?

Post by Annelies »

The survivors.. Definitely!! Nice topic!!!
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

The survivors . I agree with both of you ( and many others I suppose) .
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

I'd say most episodes when they are the entire episode together. But I'm really astounded on how they got each other's back sometimes. Pete shows this in Kill Zone when the general is thinks MacGyver is dead and Pete keeps trying to buy time. Also in Fraternity of Thieves he came up for Mac when he tried to walk out saying that he can if he wanted to. MacGyver shows how well he knows Pete in several episodes himself as in Jack of Lies when he says Pete that he likes to eat when he is nervous or telling Pete what to do through his answering machine and knowing when it happened in The Odd Triple.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
CMac

Post by CMac »

You know, I forgot to add Passages as a favorite Mac/Pete episode for me. Sure, obviously most of the episode is dedicated to the relationship between Mac and Harry, but the emotional ending with MacGyver clasping Pete's hand as he awakens from his coma always resonates with me.
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

My favorite Mac/Pete episode is The Survivors. I also liked that they showed Pete with all his physical flaws, yet he overcame them with sheer willpower - and a little help from Mac! :-)

I also loved the scene in Out in the Cold when Pete finds Mac after after the avalanche.
Barbara
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

I like all of the episodes where Mac and Pete spend a lot of time together. You can tell that Rick and Dana genuinely liked each other.
Beth