MacGyver Reboot is getting a 2nd season!?

LisaAnn65

Re: MacGyver Reboot is getting a 2nd season!?

Post by LisaAnn65 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:44 am

Brooke wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:49 am
I'm new to this on here. But me personally, I don't think the new show is all that bad. When there is a reboot it isn't going to be 💯 spot on like the original one.
This definitely will Not take the place of original Macgyver or RDA's place. I still watch the original Ione to this day Mondays thru Fridays.

~Brooke~ :)
Hi Brooke, Welcome aboard! I'm new here too. Agreed about reboots. Especially of older shows. I tried watching the new MacGyver a couple times and just can't get into it. I don't think it's so much because it's different but the cast is so young ,,, and I'm so old lol Otherwise it's great to keep the MacGyver name out there. I bet a ton of young viewers now, because of it find the original I too am watching the original weekdays. I really like the new Lethal Weapon series, the actors are past their 20's and it's more serious.
One never knows till one tries

CMac

Post by CMac » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:27 pm

What I do like about this so-called "new" MacGyver is that yes, at least it's bringing attention back to the original (and superior) series. I wonder if renewed interest in all things MacGyver is what got the original series running again on MeTV.

I also like it when I hear from younger people (usually kids in their teens) who like and prefer the original show to the new one. That gives me hope for the future! :)

LisaAnn65

Post by LisaAnn65 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 am

CMac wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:27 pm
What I do like about this so-called "new" MacGyver is that yes, at least it's bringing attention back to the original (and superior) series. I wonder if renewed interest in all things MacGyver is what got the original series running again on MeTV.

I also like it when I hear from younger people (usually kids in their teens) who like and prefer the original show to the new one. That gives me hope for the future! :)
Agreed CMac. Watching the past conventions and seeing whenever a kid asked about MacGyver or SG1 I was like that's so cool! Yes hope for the future.
One never knows till one tries