MacGyver on MeTV

CMac

MacGyver on MeTV

Post by CMac »

This is just an announcement that MeTV is now airing episodes of the original, real, and best version of MacGyver ever, starring our beloved RDA! :D

I recognize this probably doesn't matter much to those of us who own the complete series on DVD (as I do), or don't have access to that channel, but it still is pretty cool, considering TVLand stopped airing it to become "newer and hipper." :roll: I used to watch it every morning on TVLand before class because sometimes it's more convenient than popping in a disc. The only disadvantage? Commercials - ugh! It would be cool if they showed commercials from that era for the nostalgia factor (especially since I've never seen them before and it would be interesting), but they probably won't. Still, I'll be watching. :) They're airing The Golden Triangle tonight at 8:00pm (my time - Mountain Time). Yippee! :lol: :D

*Update: strangely enough, watching it on regular TV as opposed to the DVDs brings back even more of its charm, even with modern commercials. I don't know if that makes sense to anybody else, but it's almost as if I'm watching its debut all over again (even though I wasn't quite alive yet for that at the time :lol: ). It once again shows what a strong screen presence RDA has, how much charm and charisma he projects. I guess this is one positive outcome from the atrocious reboot -- it renewed interest in the original - and in my mind superior - series. :)
CMac

Re: MacGyver on MeTV

Post by CMac »

Update:

Well folks, sadly it looks like MeTV decided to take MacGyver off their schedule for summer. :( I did begin to worry when they started showing promos and "coming soon" ads for Alf and Remington Steele. It did make me wonder if they were changing the lineup a bit. I hope it comes back again in the fall. I know it doesn't really matter since I have the DVDs, but as I mentioned before it is so nice just to see it on regular TV again.
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

It was so nice being treated to 2 episodes every weekday, but I also had a bad feeling as soon as I saw the promos for the new schedule! :(
Barbara
CMac

Post by CMac »

At least it's on their schedule until May 29. I just hope it comes back in the fall. I do know that channel likes to cycle shows, probably so that people won't get sick of them. How anyone could get sick of MacGyver is beyond me, though. ;) CHiPs was running before Mac, and it's gone, too, but it has come back before so I'm hopeful that MacGyver will, too. We need more showings of this great show, not less. I was all hyped up several years ago when TVLand aired MacGyver episodes. Now, they just have a bunch of dumb new shows that I'm not interested in, and frankly it ruined their classic TV format that they used to have and made it much less enjoyable to watch. I just hope that MeTV doesn't decide to go the same route in the future. It's fun to have classic TV still on the air.