Suggestion...

tvero80

Re: Suggestion...

Post by tvero80 »

The worst thing for him would be to go back to acting in a show that wouldn't work...I don't want that to happen .
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I'm not affraid of that actually... Don't think that will happen...
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

True, it's an enormous risk that he could return to a show that is not well-received, but then again who could have predicted how successful both MacGyver and Stargate: SG-1 would become? ;)

Back to the older MacGyver idea for a moment...I think it would be interesting to see what MacGyver would be doing in the present day. I still like my idea of him returning after a major disaster to help in the recovery efforts.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

CMac wrote:I don't want him playing the father. It seems too much like a second fiddle role, and RDA plays second fiddle to no one, especially since he's the real MacGyver, not this punk kid who is not MacGyver's son - Sam is. I don't like it when they take an older actor and automatically make them some younger actor's "Dad." It's such a cliché at this point. Why can't an older actor have a deeper role, something more to contribute than simply being someone's dad? Besides, the new show is terrible, and nothing he could do would improve it. He should actually just reprise his role as the one and only MacGyver, something I mention in my own post.

I'm sorry if my ranting sounds harsh--I just don't want him involved in the reboot at all. Good suggestion, though.
I was in Drama from 4-12 grade. I thought there wasn't any such thing as a second fiddle role, then maybe that's what the teacher told me when I couldn't get starring roles anymore. I got them in 4th grade but not in 12th. I'd be happy playing an extra in a horror movie if it meant I could increase my pay. I have (or had) two jobs and still couldn't make ends meet. I'm starting to figure out how billionaires are trying to kill the common people: by making them work 3 jobs for pennies in their pockets. Still I'd rather be me than Trump, who's going to keep taking money from the poor and giving it to the rich.
Richard Dean Anderson was right when he said he thinks Trump's not a hero.
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

I don't think he should play the father because it would look strange to certain people, well everyone who hasn't seen the former MacGyver wouldn't mind but people who have would take a while to get used to it and it would feel odd.
AmandaLee

Post by AmandaLee »

I tend to agree with most of you that it would be horrible to have him as the 'dad'. Unlike most of you (it seems), I do watch the new show, which is a fine show as far as that goes, but it isn't MacGyver. If you watch it and just pretend they all have different names, its fine. I can't believe they changed so much! But, I also agree with RDA in a recent-ish interview (in 2016) where he said MacGyver wouldn't work in 2016. Technology and other advancements have just made it a totally different world. When I heard a new show was coming, I was hoping it was Sam. I was so sad it isn't Sam. Anyway, IF (big, huge if here) RDA were to be a part of the show (which totally doesn't deserve the honor or legitimacy of him being on it) the only role I can see him doing is Harry Jackson. Distant and wise. Anyway, just my two cents.
--AmandaLee