Suggestion...

katann69

Suggestion...

Post by katann69 »

Richard really wants to reprise his role and an older version of MacGyver. How many of you are willing to get him on the MacGyver Re-boot show as (Lucas Till's) MacGyver's FATHER who comes for a visit as (possible storyline: their Boss has a family emergency that causes severe medical 'shooting' of her which she would later come back... she and the elderly MacGyver have a very edgy relationship) and Daddy would temporarily take over for her at the office learning how his son is doing his job and offers suggestions and ideas to his son.

I am suggesting we get a list of names for the studio to consider the idea. I think Kate should receive the list of notes for Rick to pass on to the producer of the show. Gosh, can you imagine the number of people who would go for this.

Kay Schroy
CMac

Re: Suggestion...

Post by CMac »

I don't want him playing the father. It seems too much like a second fiddle role, and RDA plays second fiddle to no one, especially since he's the real MacGyver, not this punk kid who is not MacGyver's son - Sam is. I don't like it when they take an older actor and automatically make them some younger actor's "Dad." It's such a cliché at this point. Why can't an older actor have a deeper role, something more to contribute than simply being someone's dad? Besides, the new show is terrible, and nothing he could do would improve it. He should actually just reprise his role as the one and only MacGyver, something I mention in my own post.

I'm sorry if my ranting sounds harsh--I just don't want him involved in the reboot at all. Good suggestion, though.
Caty

Post by Caty »

Totally agree with you, CMac. He don't need to appear in the terrible reboot.
By The Way, Who would really think of him as The father of that cocky excuse of MacGywer?
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

Exactly! That's something else I was going to say. MacGyver would never raise his son to act the way the guy does in the "new" MacGyver.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I suspect that MacGyver's deadbeat dad who deserted the family is the role that the producers were referring to when they said they already had a role in mind for RDA. That is just such a contradiction to the whole premise of the original series, and I'm rather glad that RDA has said he is not interested in doing it.

Kate
yolie

Post by yolie »

I don't think he should be part of this new Mac series. Most sequels or remakes fall short
of the original series. Mac was to me the one and only and this new series is lacking in so
many ways. I vote for a no on this. HMHO.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Me to, He shouldn't get involved in the reboot.. It would be........weird.......
He is the real MacGyver, placed him on such an high pedestal, I mean, what I saw so far it isn't even close....
How can he fit in....They made such something strange out of it... He should get a whole new serie, I vote for that......
Lots of love,

Lies

Anne

Post by Anne »

I can only say that personally I want him to do something new, something more character based and less action based. I love MacGyver to bits, but if they bring RDA back as Mac it has to be really different from a) the Reboot and b) fit him the way he is now. And I don't want to see another blow-things-up-with-a-paperclip movie. I really wished he'd find something totally different he loves doing. But to be honest I don't see him going back to work in the long run so I am not holding my breath.
CMac

Post by CMac »

MacGyver was heading to more character-based episodes as the series progressed. Granted, they still had action shows, but many of them focused on Mac's extracurricular activities, such as helping disadvantaged youth and the environment. Some people dislike those plots and groan about them, but I actually liked them because we began to see more depth to MacGyver than a two-dimensional action character. If RDA came back as MacGyver now, I'm sure it would be more character-driven, although I'm not sure how a mass audience would react.

I too would like to see him do something new, but I'm more hopeful that he will return to acting since he said he was considering it.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Oh, I didn't mean to say that MacGyver wasn't character based. And I adored the more character based episodes of Mac.

But imho MacGyver was a roundabout wonderful series which should not be messed with any further - unless it has the same feeling of reality the old show had. But I can't see that happening unless he gets a huge say in the whole process of the show and the character building of an older MacGyver.

I might not be the most positive voice on here, but he said he's considering going back to acting in 2011, 2012, 2014... :) He keeps considering... we'll keep waiting and hoping :) If he never comes back, that's fine too since he's all the right of retirement and just relaxing.