What episode do you find "okay"?

Mac/Jack#1fan

What episode do you find "okay"?

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Hi everyone! :D

I was thinking of more topics to start, and I thought of this one.

What Mac episode do you not care for much? I know, we like ALL the Mac episodes, but there has to be at least 1 that you thought was "okay"

For me, that episode was "The Coltons". I know it was meant to be a spin off, but I didn't really care for the episode myself. In fact, I started watching it and I watched the "introduction" part (because Mac was in it!), and then I just skipped the episode until the end, where Mac appeared briefly. For me, a MacGyver episode is about MacGyver, and if there is no Mac.....I'm bored! Lol :)

So, anyone else have an episode that was just "okay"? I can't be the only one! ;)
MacBeth

Re: What episode do you find "okay"?

Post by MacBeth »

Ohhh, yes, I hated The Coltons, and still do -- Mac's only in the prologue, and even that is stupid. The prologue is gimmickery and a cute dog. Ugh.

Other non-faves: I never cared for The Lost Amadeus, although I do like the costumes, and Harry's Will is inconsistent camp. But I probably dislike Dalton, Jack of Spies the most. I don't know what show that script was originally written for, but it can't have been MacGyver. The whole thing is a hot mess.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I agree with Mac/Jack. "The Coltons" seems to be the only episode which I really didn't care much for, since Mac plays a small part in it, and as Mac/Jack said, without Mac, there's no interest at all.
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

MacBeth wrote:Ohhh, yes, I hated The Coltons, and still do -- Mac's only in the prologue, and even that is stupid. The prologue is gimmickery and a cute dog. Ugh.

Other non-faves: I never cared for The Lost Amadeus, although I do like the costumes, and Harry's Will is inconsistent camp. But I probably dislike Dalton, Jack of Spies the most. I don't know what show that script was originally written for, but it can't have been MacGyver. The whole thing is a hot mess.

Haha, yes, the Coltons...I agree with (like I said in my first post, I don't like that episode.) I totally forgot about "Harry's Will". I DO NOT like that episode either. I watched it and when it was over...I just didn't like it. It was like I kept waiting for something to happen.....but it never seemed to?? I found it boring lol.

"The Lost Amadeus" however....I gotta admit, I actually LOVE that episode! :) Something about it...I dunno, I just like it. I think there are some funny parts in it. Like when Mac and Lulu are handcuffed and she needs to use the bathroom! :lol: The look on Mac's face made me laugh! :lol: And...I think Mac looks pretty darn sexy/classy in that costume ;) 8-)

Same goes for "Dalton, Jack Of Spies", I kinda like that episode too lol! :)

But hey, everyone is different and we all have our likes and dislikes ;) :)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

For the Coltons episode I do exactly like Mac/Jack, I just watch the beginning, because in the rest of the episode Mac is not there. :(

The lost Amadeus is not bad, I watched it again just yesterday. It's cheerful :D I like Mac's behaviour with Lulu.

I think Harry's Will is too crazy, but worse than that is The Walking Dead. I don't like all that woodoo stuff, it's boring. So that episode is just ok to me. :roll:

Or maybe Trumbo's World. The episode is not bad, but I really can't stand all those ants. :)
Claudia
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

cmbj67 wrote:
I think Harry's Will is too crazy, but worse than that is The Walking Dead. I don't like all that woodoo stuff, it's boring. So that episode is just ok to me. :roll:

Or maybe Trumbo's World. The episode is not bad, but I really can't stand all those ants. :)

Ha, isn't that funny, I like "Walking Dead" :D But I can see how not everyone would like it. I had to watch that one a few times to really "like" it myself.

Trumbo's World...I understand what you mean about the ants! The episode itself is great, but the ants creep me out! There are so many of them, and they just keep coming! ITS SCARY!
I hate bugs in general, so when I see that episode, it gives me the willies.....sometimes its almost like I can feel an ant crawling up my back! *shudders* ;)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

I don't care for Trumbo's World (although I REALLY like the Opening Gambit, hah) -- not only is the footage with the ants squickworthy, it was "borrowed" from an older movie, which I find pretty lame. Same with The Thief of Budapest.

When The Hood and The Walking Dead first aired, I was actually very happy to see them handle a non-Christian religion with some grace. Vodun is a religion, one of the colonialized offshoots of Yoruba, not just a collection of tropes; and I love Mama Lorraine. The blackface is . . . very problematic, unfortunately, and that aspect hasn't aged well at all.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I never had one episode wich I didn't liked actually, or thought, well ok..
Just because RDA worked in it, made the series fantastic, every episode has its own moral..
Harry's will, I loved it, because it was so different and also because Henry Winkler played in it. The only thing I didn't get was the guy at the end on the skating rank... Loved the faceexpressions of Mac though :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

MysteryKnitter

Post by MysteryKnitter »

At first: thank you for refreshing my memory! "Nightmares" is...well, quite OK, if you ask me. I feel...the idea is good, but they could've made it better. Maybe someone else could say, how. Unfortunately I'm not that person.
Best: MK