MacGyver Reboot

Elphaba

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by Elphaba » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 am

I tried to like this reboot... even defending it in the beginning... hoping as time went on it would find its heart...but it never has ☹️ They should have named it The Phoenix Foundation since it has nothing to do with "MacGyver." It's a rehash of NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, etc... Watching Jack clear a room first by shooting the bad guys he finds before Mac follows him in....disgusting. I'm back to watching the one and only RDA in the original on Netflix (I have the DVDs but it's easier to just watch it on Netflix until they stop running it 😉)

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 am

Glad you have given up on the MacGyver reboot. I did too - from the very start of it. So am glad to hear from you that the "new" MacGyver is as bad as I thought it would be.

I am so dense, I don't even know how to use netflix.....I just watch the original MacGyver DVD's and LOVE THEM ALL!
B

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:36 am

Hi everybody,
It is very difficult to "arrive" after someone and succeed to make its place, mostly if the person has huge, important, fantastic or just you had liked this person. In the real life it is the same. You arrive in a new job... you have to make your place....

So each one has right to exist and make its best. The actor in the new RDA is an actor, so he makes that it would be asked. Georges Eads had already a carreer with succees with CSI. So, if the show has, would has, would have had succees.... good for them....

BUT...

exactly like Magnum (Tom Selleck refuse to participate in the new show), according to me, it is not MACGYVER.
Nothing to do with the spirit of "macgyver". Macgyver was a serie in the 80' and the generation was impacted with all ways of life, with spirit, with sense of humour and first of all.... NO GUN !!!
Perhaps it is usual in America to make new with "old", just for making money.... but please directors, scriptwriters, executive producers.... STOP to take the name of what you don't make. Thank you. And good luck for all series, because everyone has right to work.
So please.... don't make a reboot of Stargate.... We would probably have a General Carter with some robots and she will have an affair with some lietenants just to make audience..... NOoooooooooooo ..... Nightmares !!!!

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 pm

do you heard that "jack Dalton left the serie, so georges eads is gone away...
And they want introduce a woman to "protect" Macgyver....

No, really, no, nothing compare with the original....

Please mister Hollywood' could you stop make reboots of good series ??? :o :?: :cry:

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 pm

"Please mister Hollywood' could you stop make reboots of good series"

AMEN! :D :D :D
B

Beata

Post by Beata » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm

You can't improve on the best !!
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Beata wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm
Exactly right!
B

Monika

Post by Monika » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:13 pm

bftlovesRDA wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm
Beata wrote:
Exactly right!
Hello
There are things you just can not do. :evil:
For me, there are, and will only be one MacGyver!!! :oops:

From Monika with love!
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."

karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Monika wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:13 pm
bftlovesRDA wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm
Beata wrote:
Exactly right!
Hello
There are things you just can not do. :evil:
For me, there are, and will only be one MacGyver!!! :oops:

From Monika with love!
Exactly, double exactly, triple exactly.... but all actors are permitted to play, of course... but, the new Macgyver is definitively so far away from the story, the idea, the origin....good chance to them, but this series is not for me

tvero80

Post by tvero80 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:23 pm

I've just watched an interview of Tristin Mays ( the hacker ) at a con who said that she had talked to Wylie and she liked the reboot ! :shock: Any confirmation of that ?

Veronica LAKings