MacGyver Reboot

Kti

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by Kti »

PamK1950 wrote:They've been showing a new trailer lately. In it Lucas Till says something like: "I've got the jacket, the Swiss Army Knife.. guess I'm MacGyver, right?" IMO it's going to take more than a jacket and SAK to make him MacGyver.

Here's an interview that was on Entertainment Tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDWlbYzHjI
Many thanks for your link PamK1950. I totally agree it needs more!
But on the other hand I like the idea of a new other MacGyver.
For sure there is only one MG for me!!!
I hope the scriptwriters and Lucas Till will be able to transmit the basic idea of our real MacGyver.
Kids from today need other MacGyverisms.
I was allowed grown up with the REAL-MAC, THX.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote:You could also have chosen a picture where he's walking stripped to the waist and doesn't seem to be hurt, B... ;)
You mean like this one?

B
Caty

Post by Caty »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
tvero80 wrote:You could also have chosen a picture where he's walking stripped to the waist and doesn't seem to be hurt, B... ;)
You mean like this one?

Oh yeah! Image
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
tvero80 wrote:
PamK1950 wrote:They've been showing a new trailer lately. In it Lucas Till says something like: "I've got the jacket, the Swiss Army Knife.. guess I'm MacGyver, right?" IMO it's going to take more than a jacket and SAK to make him MacGyver.

Here's an interview that was on Entertainment Tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDWlbYzHjI
Funny but for me,the only good and interesting parts of this interview are when RDA appears...
(Thanks Pam for posting the link to this video).

I totally agree, V.

The only parts of that interview which are good and interesting are when RDA appears.....such as these screenshots: (He looks so good!)

Lucas Till cannot hold a candle to RDA in terms of looks or acting. Again, I won't watch 1 second of this travesty.
Hear, hear! When you see these gorgeous pictures of RDA, it reminds you and only serves to reinforce the idea of who the real MacGyver truly is!
CMac

Post by CMac »

Just an FYI, there is a new reboot trailer on YouTube if you want to take a look. It looks like even though they tried to make some "improvements" by listening to the fans of the show, it looks even worse to me. It looks more like Burn Notice or CSI than MacGyver. RDA was correct in his decision to stay away from this holy mess. :roll:

The trailer, if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vTstPk8A4
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

We should start a new thread called something like "Copycat Mac" and post screen shots containing scenes or props from the reboot that are very similar to the original - something like this:

If you can't say anything nice.....

CMac

Post by CMac »

Ha ha! That's brilliant! :lol:
CMac

Post by CMac »

Agreed. There have been discussions elsewhere about this "new" MacGyver being cocky, and the argument I have seen from those defending the reboot goes something like this: "Well, RDA's Mac was cocky in the first season, too." Really? I didn't really see that--more like confidence. There is a fine line between being confident and cocky, and if RDA seems "cocky" in the first season, I think it's because he's being playful and humorous and as one writer from the original show pointed out recently on the MacGyver Project blog, he felt that was RDA's way of learning his character and being an actor.

Now, maybe this new guy is also learning about his character too, but from what I have seen so far there is none of the humor or humility that RDA projected--while also displaying confidence and strength. That is a difficult balance, and a difficult thing for an actor to portray adequately, yet RDA did it so brilliantly. :D I think it's as Henry Winkler once said--RDA has a screen presence that shows vulnerability. He is likable--people respect him. I have never heard from a guy one negative (or jealous ;) ) word about him. All the guys I know respect him and looked up to the character of MacGyver. I don't think anyone could look up to this new guy's character. He just doesn't have the same nuances, the same fun quirks, as RDA's MacGyver had. He made Mac a three-dimensional character. The jury is still out if these new folks working on the reboot can do the same.
Caty

Post by Caty »

CMac wrote:Agreed. There have been discussions elsewhere about this "new" MacGyver being cocky, and the argument I have seen from those defending the reboot goes something like this: "Well, RDA's Mac was cocky in the first season, too." Really? I didn't really see that--more like confidence. There is a fine line between being confident and cocky, and if RDA seems "cocky" in the first season, I think it's because he's being playful and humorous and as one writer from the original show pointed out recently on the MacGyver Project blog, he felt that was RDA's way of learning his character and being an actor.

Now, maybe this new guy is also learning about his character too, but from what I have seen so far there is none of the humor or humility that RDA projected--while also displaying confidence and strength. That is a difficult balance, and a difficult thing for an actor to portray adequately, yet RDA did it so brilliantly. :D I think it's as Henry Winkler once said--RDA has a screen presence that shows vulnerability. He is likable--people respect him. I have never heard from a guy one negative (or jealous ;) ) word about him. All the guys I know respect him and looked up to the character of MacGyver. I don't think anyone could look up to this new guy's character. He just doesn't have the same nuances, the same fun quirks, as RDA's MacGyver had. He made Mac a three-dimensional character. The jury is still out if these new folks working on the reboot can do the same.
For this I have to tell you something: only two years ago one of our apprentice (sorry, what's the plural?), a young man, saw my Windows starting picture - the same pic of RDA like in my banner below. He immediately recognized him "Hey, that's MacGyver, right? He's an amazing man!" A young man, 20 years old!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

That's really cool, Caty! It just shows how many people associate RDA with MacGyver. He will always be the only one. :D