MacGyver Reboot

chesney2

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by chesney2 »

No! I agree with you! I REALLY hope I get a chance to ask him if he watched. I bet he didn't but curious!
CMac

Post by CMac »

I just watched Eagles, one of my favorite episodes. As I'm watching it, I realized once again how much the original MacGyver has everything that this new one lacks --personality, depth, and humanity. Do you think this new one would ever feature MacGyver in a beautiful, rugged mountain setting using his skills to save an endangered species? This new one seems more intent on portraying violence than anything having to do with morality and common human decency towards his fellow creatures.

Also, beyond his good looks, RDA is just plain fun to watch. All his subtle gestures and facial expressions really add to the character. :D
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

All the reviews of the 'new' MacGyver are negative over here in France . At that stage ,I just feel sad because the name won't be associated with the original (and RDA) alone anymore but with this * too.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Even if all were excited about it,I would never look at it anyway.Reboots are disappointing in 99 percent of cases.There are things that you should just leave it as they are / were.I have nothing nice to say, I prefer silence.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
CMac

Post by CMac »

I found two great reviews on YouTube, both of the reboot and the original show. This guy has the same reservations we all do about the reboot, plus some complimentary things to say about RDA. I think you'll enjoy them. A couple of words of warning -- he does occasionally go on a tangent, and he has some constructive criticism about the original MacGyver (his main concern is the picture quality, but don't worry--he loves the series). Check these out if you're interested. I think he has some great things to say.

The reboot review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-lS9jqORA

The original series review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQxV3U0JChA
honorius

Post by honorius »

it would be nice if Richard starred in the reboot as agnus MacGyver with lucas as his son and successor so that a bit of continuation could be saved.

either we like it or not we have a new MacGyver series and Richard should be in it.
Caty

Post by Caty »

NO! Definitely not! :x

Lucal Till as his son? With that lack of charisma, of compassion? Just a cocky boy? NEVER!! :evil:

Did you ever saw the episode "The Stringer"? Did you saw Sam, Mac's son?
He was so different to the new 'MacGywer' you could never compare these two.

This new series is a slap in the face to the real MacGywer! Watch the reviews above, that man speaks the truth!
I never want to see Rick in such a crap. He was so right to stay away from it.

I hope I could make myself clear, I had some difficulties to find the right words. I'm sure some of the native english speaking people around here can spell it much better.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Trying not to scare off a new member... :)

Back when they first started talking about a TV reboot, I think a lot of us hoped that there would be some continuity, that the new "younger" MacGyver could be Mac's son, or even his daughter, to keep true to the original premise.

Unfortunately, the way the show is playing out, the personality of Lucas Till's character isn't fitting in that scenario. Did you catch the line in the second episode, where they say something like Mac's mother died when he was five and his father deserted the family when he was 12? They have COMPLETELY changed the character and the background, so there is hardly any room for continuity. It's just a different show. I can't imagine what role the producers thought would suit RDA as a recurring character. (Unless they think they can bring him back as the father who deserted the family when Mac was young?? :shock: :shock: :shock: )

I also noticed in the IMDB that there will be a Penny Parker in an upcoming episode. :roll:

I feel as if the producers took the puzzle pieces of the original and tried to put them together without following the picture on the box, and they came up with something entirely different. Which doesn't necessarily make it a "bad" show. It just doesn't make it MacGyver. <sigh>

Kate
CMac

Post by CMac »

I keep seeing articles about how the new show's creator is trying to get RDA on the show, and that he has a "great role" for him, whatever that might be. :roll:

Personally, I'm not very optimistic about it. I hope RDA doesn't change his mind about being involved unless that's something he really wants to pursue, although I can't imagine it.

Also, I have to say that if they tried to cast him as the "deadbeat dad" in this version, if it were me I'd be personally insulted. What a disservice to the original. :x
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:Trying not to scare off a new member... :)
Kate
Sorry, honorius and sorry Kate :oops: :oops:

I didn't want to scare you off, honorius. It's just that I'm so angry about this new stuff.
Try to get the DVD's of the original MacGyver that's much better.

And honorius? Welcome to this forum :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)