MacGyver Reboot

tvero80

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by tvero80 »

Macgyver1989 wrote:I took the ideal opportunity to view this "new." series, and my general impression was not good at all. Plus, there has been a considerable measure of negative feedback directed towards the reboot, and various individuals have communicated an aversion towards the pilot episode. I also did not like the team involvement, the supporting cast was all simply wrong, and this was simply not MacGyver! :evil:
People (the ones who like it...) will tell you that a 'reboot' isn't supposed to * like the original.
Edit: to* be like the original( sorry ).
Last edited by tvero80 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honorius

Post by honorius »

I heard that the role of dana elcar :oops: :oops: is now played by a female actor..........
CMac

Post by CMac »

Yeah, it's that whole "gender flipping" thing they do in reboots that gets old. :roll: It's also a disgrace and disrespectful to the memory of the late, great Mr. Elcar in my opinion. Now, I'm a woman, and I'm fine with female characters of course as long as they were women to begin with in the original show. Sorry for the emphasis, but that's how I feel about it (I'm not yelling, I promise). If the reboot is not supposed to be like the original, then why even do it in the first place when you change so many elements that made the original great, that made people fall in love with it? This new show seems to be deliberately trying to alienate the original viewers, something I find annoying and it will be to their detriment if they get canceled.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

No no no not Penny as young Mac''s mother....that should be Lisa then in my honest opinion...maybe Nikki but don't think so....and Murdoc back in the show. ....like that idea and a crazy Jack Dalton Sr is visiting his grandson...Honorous I can see it but I don't think it will happen...
Lots of love,

Lies

Emhsgirl

Post by Emhsgirl »

I hate to disagree with everyone, but I am excited that they thought so much of the show they felt a reprisal was worth the effort. I loved RDA as Mac and yes he made the role. It will be very difficult for anyone to replace him. However he is so much more than just Mac. Further, I am excited that my grandkids get to engage with a contemporary version of McGyver and so far am reasonably satisfied with the reboot. This is not our 1980's Mac, but let's face it this isn't the '80s either. I hear they have a re-occurring role they want RDA to play on the show and I do hope he accepts as I really want to see him in a series again. I think the show could benefit from some old blood
CMac

Post by CMac »

Then we will have to respectfully agree to disagree, then. :)

I'm glad you enjoy it, but I just can't bring myself to like it. :(
honorius

Post by honorius »

for the user who said she enjoy the reboot and this is not the 80s.....etc

the problem is RDA = MACGYVER so a new MacGyver show without mention him connecting him somehow to the series giving him even a small role..........IS NOT AXCEPTED BY TRUE FANS AS A MACGYVER SHOW = F13 CRYSTAL LAKE CLEAR.

Another example

A new dynasty show is on the works. I hear they will reboot the series showing how Krystle married blake in 1981 like the original show started back in 1981 and taking new storylines from there never presented in the original soap.
problem is LINDA EVANS will not come back as KRYSTLE as J.FORSYTHE (who died) will not come back as BLAKE and so on......they will bring new actors to play the roles.

now.................LINDA EVANS = KRYSTLE as JOAN COLLINS = ALEXIS........etc.....in the hearts and minds of the fans.

same thing with MacGyver......knight rider........and all other popular shows of the past.

all those shows reboots who will ignore the actors we loved in the past WILL FAIL.

Dallas was done in the right way that's why it run a successful 3 seasons and it would run more if larry was not dead during the new season 2.
they never replaced hagman as they never replaced jim davis from the original dallas series. THEY RESPECTED THE FANS.

WHEN U DON'T RESPECT THE FANS...........U WILL FAIL LIKE THE NEW MACGYVER REBOOT WILL FAIL IF THEY DON'T FIX IT IN TIME AND DECLARE RDA IS THE REAL MACGYVER AND NOT THAT LUCAS IMPOSTER.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Well.....Lucas can't really help it......I guess it would be an honour to play the role of MacGyver.....so imposter goes a bit far in my honest opinion.......They just had to think before they rebooted it.......They had to watch all original series over again to get the feeling back were MacGyver stood for, cause that is something, if I understand it correctly reading my way through this topic, they totally missed.....
Lots of love,

Lies

honorius

Post by honorius »

it was not lucas' fault. those who created this reboot are to blame. lucas is an actor. it's his job but u know what I meant when I said he is an imposter. that is not his fault but he accepted the role and in the eyes of the fans he is an imposter that's why many chose to ignore this reboot including me unless the show is fixed and Richard is back.
honorius

Post by honorius »

I don't have a problem for lucas to play mac's son..nephew...etc.......but I have a problem to accept him as agnus MacGyver...THE SENIOR.

HE IS NOT...................AND NEVER WILL BE