MacGyver Reboot

PamK1950

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by PamK1950 »

Looks like there's trouble brewing in MacGyver Reboot land. This was in a tweet by Mac Jackson

http://macgyveronline.com/news/macgyver ... k.facebook
If you can't say anything nice.....

bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

PamK1950 wrote:Looks like there's trouble brewing in MacGyver Reboot land. This was in a tweet by Mac Jackson

http://macgyveronline.com/news/macgyver ... k.facebook
I guess I shouldn't be happy about this trouble but I am. Sorry to say so. I just figure the MacGyver reboot is going to be a huge failure however it goes in the pre-production phase, as it should be.

Again, sorry I feel that way but I do. RDA was MacGyver and no one else.
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

I know I should't be happy either, but I am. This so-called "reboot" sounds as chaotic and utterly doomed to failure as I thought it would be. Besides, has anyone noticed how many new shows are canceled after the first season these days? Even shows that were somewhat popular like Castle are getting the ax, and I think a lot of that has to do with Amazon and Netflix making their own, independent series that are far more entertaining and interesting than current regular TV shows. I just don't think the market is there for regular TV anymore, not with the plethora of options available elsewhere through streaming or through cable networks such as AMC or HBO. When MacGyver aired, there weren't as many options and alternatives to series TV as there is now, so of course the show had to work hard to maintain its audience and its quality, which it did successfully (and RDA also played a major role in keeping the show alive). Now, viewers are turning to alternative sources of entertainment, and I think regular series TV has suffered as a result--not just in ratings but in the abysmal quality of the scripts in comparison to fine shows such as Mad Men and Breaking Bad. This new MacGyver (I want to retch calling it that), will probably be just as abysmal and will be forgotten in a few short months after it's rightfully canceled, preserving the memory of our beloved RDA as MacGyver, as it should be.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

I totally agree with you B. I feel the same way. I have the feeling this reboot is going to be a disaster and the bad signs have started showing already. Sorry if we are so pessimistic, but it just ain't gonna work. There's only one MacGyver, Richard Dean Anderson, and he will remain in people's hearts and minds as the unique hero who has inspired, and still does, millions of people all around the world. His legacy as MacGyver will forever live. He's irreplaceable.
Caty

Post by Caty »

The one and only ...

I refuse to reassign this name to anybody else. There is no, and there will never be anybody else called MacGyver!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
CMac

Post by CMac »

Great photo, Caty! That just reinforces who MacGyver really is and what he looks like--a real man, not a boy. Has anybody else noticed that this impostor MacGyver they're trying to fool us with looks somewhat like Leo DiCaprio? Eww! :x
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Amen! Caty, Nicole, and Cmac - totally agree with you! ONLY ONE MACGYVER forever and that is Richard Dean Anderson!

Cmac - I agree with you about the quality of TV now. It is horrible for the most part. I don't get HBO or the other sources of entertainment that you mention so I don't have access to the alternative resources unless they are on regular cable. What makes me a bit angry is that RDA never received the recognition for his work on Stargate SG1 because that show was on the SciFy network instead of on "regular" (ABC, CBS, NBC) TV channels. But the quality of Stargate was sooooooo great that there has not been a series on "regular" TV to match it and I doubt there ever will be. The fact that Stargate SG1 was on for so many years is a testament to how GREAT that series was - primarily because of Richard Dean Anderson's portrayal of Jack O'Neill. He deserved honor after honor for that portrayal yet didn't get them because, I believe, the series was on an alternative network. Sigh.

And, yes, CMAC, I noticed that what you said about the current "MacGyver" to be true. To me, this new guy is just a sissy compared to the real man, Richard Dean Anderson, as the real, and the one and only MacGyver.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

A sissy B ? Poor man ,he hasn't done anything yet and he's already labelled . :D
CMac

Post by CMac »

Sorry--we just can't help ourselves, being rabid fans of RDA and defending his honor. It's a tough job, but oh so rewarding. :lol:

And yes--the new dude is a sissy, there's no escaping the obvious. ;) He's not fit to lick the real MacGyver's boots!
Caty

Post by Caty »

CMac wrote:Sorry--we just can't help ourselves, being rabid fans of RDA and defending his honor. It's a tough job, but oh so rewarding. :lol:

And yes--the new dude is a sissy, there's no escaping the obvious. ;) He's not fit to lick the real MacGyver's boots!
I've learned a new english word: "sissy" :lol: :lol: ... and it fit's perfectly although I called him a milksop :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)