Post by Macphoenix »

they are only valid on USA.. :( :(

Thank you Tvero for your message ;)

Sincerely
Cy
CMac

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by CMac »

I can't believe the arrogance of these guys to do something like that! :evil: That's just yet another reason (if you needed one) to avoid this reboot at all costs! :x I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

That's really sad. So sorry to hear that Cyril. What can I say? There're no words to describe these guys. SHAME ON THEM. They're really pathetic. And don't worry Cyril. Keep your head up. Hope and wish there will be soon a way to settle this problem. We're all with you. You know you are the best.
CMac

Post by CMac »

You guys should read the article Kate posted in the updates. It includes RDA's reaction to the reboot. He calls it too "flashy" and "goodsy." I would have to concur. ;)

Another observation I made...I was watching more original episodes tonight (that is my Friday routine as opposed to watching the reboot), and I remember what RDA said about them having their tongue in their cheeks when using some of the scientific principles and perhaps stretching credibility somewhat, that they weren't afraid to have a little fun. While that's true, I never got the sense that they were being intentionally "silly" or making a mockery of the MacGyver character. He still had dignity and heart, and was believable. This new series seems like they're making fun of the original rather than respecting its merits. Everything about this new one as RDA stated is too "flashy" and over-the-top ridiculous. Sure, the original might not always be 100% accurate, but you could still buy into the premise. I'm not sure what they're trying to do with this new one, but I still feel like it is a thinly veiled insult not only to the original, but the original fans.

Oh, and this is not really to lay blame on the new actor they chose for the part, but RDA was just so physical as Mac, and did a lot of his own stunts, which added to the credibility of the character. This new guy--I'm sure he does some of his own, too, but I just don't buy him as someone with the physical capability that MacGyver should possess. Somehow I can't picture the new actor riding horses, motorcycles, playing hockey, etc. as aggressively and naturally as RDA did. RDA was built for this role, whereas this new guy? I'm sorry, but the impression I still get is one of a wispy poet instead of a physically capable man. I just don't believe him as an actor, let alone an action star.
Last edited by CMac on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

CMac wrote:You guys should read the article Kate posted in the updates. It includes RDA's reaction to the reboot. He calls it too "flashy" and "goodsy." I would have to concur. ;)
What I thought was amusing was that in that article he referred to the bicycle blow torch as "too unbelievable to fathom.":
"The qualifier for the whole thing was, if your bicycle is made out of magnesium or manganese, then you can fashion a blowtorch out of the pipes of your bicycle. And I just rolled my eyes," he said. "That stretched credibility a little further than we needed to."
And in tonight's reboot episode, that was EXACTLY the MacGyverism they did. :lol:

Kate
yolie

Post by yolie »

Am totally upset what they have done to Cy and expressed myself on the Mac forum on this. It's all
about the BIG Bucks $$$$. They don't get it :x We as fans from the original series have the right to
be faithful fans of our original Mac. And when they imposed their stupidity on regualr people like Cy from
blocking these videos , well it's a disgrace. Simple people simply trying to be fans of Mac is all we ask.
People should have the right to make these videos, just like sharing pic, collages, stories, etc.
Shame on them for what they are doing to Cy and any others who simply want to share music and
be fans of Mac. Am saddened. :x :x :x :x and angry. Merci Cy for all you have done for us. We
appreciate your hard work in sharing all your videos, arts, pictures. Merci, merci.
Macphoenix

Post by Macphoenix »

Thank you ;) ;)
joan1984

Post by joan1984 »

Hi guys, I loved watching MacGyver with Richard Dean Anderson, so I tuned into the show Friday to see what it was like and I actually liked the show. I think the actors want to honor the original characters by making them likable and not dark or melodramatic. But I am also very frustrated at the unclear direction of the show. Lucas Till plays a young MacGyver and yet he does not remind me of the 1985 character at all, he is like a completely different character. Richard Dean Anderson played MacGyver more like Indiana Jones. Lucas Till plays him more like a reckless, egotistical James Bond. I think that he might be Sean Angus Malloy, MacGyver's son introduced in season 7, but producers have not made that clear to fans or Richard Dean Anderson. The show can do as well as Hawaii Five-0 if they can clearly define the show as being about MacGyver's son Sean being the new spy :!: 8-)
CMac

Post by CMac »

I found a great new article about the top ten reasons this reboot pales in comparison to the original:

http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/10-re ... better-one

Much, if not most of it is highly complimentary not only to RDA, but his acting style and what he brought to the role as well. I recommend reading it. :D
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

YEEEEEEEHAAH!!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!! Great article and they are sooooo right!! :D Proud of the man!!
Lots of love,

Lies