MacGyver Reboot

Annelies

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by Annelies » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:06 am

Well, same here... not a warm welcome at all but I think, just like you say, they should have made a different line in it... they announced here that it is a serie about the young MacGyver before the original series. Wrong announcement cause that would be very akward... I guess we are up to episode 14.. I have no idea... watched two or three episodes now but not anymore.. it irritates me a lot because of what they made of it..
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:14 pm

You know, I've been thinking about something...

They could have just released a made-for-TV movie that was a reboot instead of an entire new series, and I might have been OK with that. I still wouldn't watch it, though. ;)

Annelies

Post by Annelies » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:05 am

Yes just like they did with The A team.. played in the cinemas though but it was once.. you can't reboot that either, Dwight, Kirk, George and Mr T were the A team, kind of magical chemistry..
If you want to make a reboot it has to be done by professionals who cherish the original and make it alive again, like those actors and crew from Stargate SG-1.. know these people?? You should check them out.They are awesome!!!..I have one big favourite, his birthday is coming up soon.. Tomorrow to be exact (concidering it's Sunday the 22th right here) :P ;)
Lots of love,

Lies

BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:50 pm

I decided to watch an episode of the new MacGyver just to see what it was like. I lasted about 10 minutes! It seems to me that the producers took the characters' names without any thought to their personalities in the original series. Some of my problems with it are:

No RDA

"Our" MacGyver did not need a team. He was the team.

He also did everything without the aid of a smartphone.

"Our" MacGyver would never have a partner, especially one who was so comfortable using a gun.

No hockey!

Although the new MacGyver uses some science, you really don't sense our Mac's love of science and the things he can do with it.

No RDA!

Barbara
Barbara

eurmos

Post by eurmos » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:19 pm

There will only really be ONE MacGyver. Anybody besides RDA is a cheap imitation.
Beth

Annelies

Post by Annelies » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Oh boy... they made a serie called "The Dutch MacGyver" here... just saw a interview about it and they showed pieces of MacGyver and pieces of the reboot.. now the host is showing how to escape like Mac does in little steps... didn't saw the whole episode yet... I will this weekend..I'll keep in touch about it ;) I was glad they showed fragments of our guy and not only the reboot since it is on thursdaynight, when the reboot is broadcasted...
Lots of love,

Lies

NiLa

Post by NiLa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi...does anybody know if the reboot is on German TV?

If it is, I would like to make my own opinion about it....

I have to admit I am a little bit curious... :?

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)

CMac

Post by CMac » Sat May 20, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm sorry to revive an old topic, but one thing I noticed last night while watching an original MacGyver episode is how stunning the cinematography is in most of the episodes. The production crew really knew how to take advantage of the hauntingly beautiful scenery of Vancouver. Sometimes, I feel like I'm watching a film more than a TV show with that amazing footage of the mountains and forests. It does give the show a more detailed, cinematic scope, to be sure. It was almost as if the surrounding areas of Vancouver became as much of a character as MacGyver in the show, making it more authentic and putting you right in the middle of the action.

Granted, this "new" show doesn't have access to the same budget and resources, but they don't seem to take advantage of what they have as well as the original did, thus further cheapening the production quality.

Caty

Post by Caty » Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am

NiLa wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Anja ;)
Hi NiLa, "MacGyver” will start at 19th of June every Monday at SAT1.
I'm curious, too. Since now I only watched some clips and trailers.
At least then we know, why we miss RDA so much.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)

tvero80

Post by tvero80 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Caty wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am
NiLa wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm
Anja ;)
Hi NiLa, "MacGyver” will start at 19th of June every Monday at SAT1.
I'm curious, too. Since now I only watched some clips and trailers.
At least then we know, why we miss RDA so much.
It was bought in France too . We only know the channel (M6), no dates yet... The pilot was terrible ...so you'll have to watch more episodes if you want to make your own opinion as you say, NiLa (and Caty and other German fans who are numerous here on this forum and are willing to watch it ). Please let us know . I'm not really sure I want to watch this 'thing'.Ok, ok I know I'm narrow minded so please try to convince me (though it's probably a lost cause ...) .

Veronica LAKings