MacGyver Reboot

Caty

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by Caty »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote: But Rick has the final decision on that, and he will consider what's best for him. But whatever he decides, we always respect his opinion and desire. And definitely he will always be THE ONE, THE ONLY ONE, MacGyver that has touched our hearts in so many ways.
Image Amen to that!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I have just read the latest note from Rick and I must say ...I love it. Thanks from one loyal fan.
Macphoenix

Post by Macphoenix »

well done Rick ;) ;) A loyal Fan ;)
CMac

Post by CMac »

He's a smart man to not want to be involved in the reboot, in my opinion (it's just yet another reason to admire him :oops:). Considering how many changes they've made, it's so vastly different and diverges so radically from the original that I cannot understand how they can still conceivably call it "MacGyver." It's fine if they make it an entirely different show, but MacGyver? It isn't.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I agree with everybody and especially with RDA. Now that we know he is not going to participate in the MacGyver reboot, I don't have any reason to watch one second of that production. Many heartfelt thanks to Rick for considering the "insanely loyal fans of the original character" (and the insanely loyal fans of one Richard Dean Anderson himself). I still have hope that he will be in front of the camera - and soon - since that is where he belongs. He is a spectacularly great actor and as a wild loyalist of his, I long to see him acting again. God bless RDA!
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

You got to love that man!

(from an insanely loyal fan :D :oops: )
"

(Buddha)
Bill

Post by Bill »

I’ve read all the posts on this thread, and I agree with a lot of what’s been said. Any way you look at it, TPTB aren’t ‘honoring’ the original by inviting RDA to participate. They’re hoping to use his name and face as bait to attract viewers. My own opinion is that they’re coming at it from the wrong direction.

I think they lost me with this: “MacGyver now creates a clandestine organization within the U.S. government where he uses his extraordinary talent for unconventional problem solving and vast scientific knowledge to save lives.”

Oh, please. I can’t see the US Government listening to ANY 20-something person, can you? “I’m gonna need a 6.5 billion dollar supply budget for bubblegum and popsicle sticks, because y’know, guns are bad.” There’s not enough handwaving ON THE PLANET to make this concept work.

I think they’d’ve been better off getting the actor who played Mac’s son in the last ep of the series, and going from there, IN REAL TIME. I would TOTALLY watch that show. Not to mention the occasional guest-star pop-ins from Angus himself, much like Mac’s Granddad did over the original series run. I think Henry Winkler missed a bet there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBiCLaAhBQ

So the backstory would go like this-

After their cross-country bonding experience, Pete was able to talk Mac and Sam into helping out around the Phoenix Foundation, because Sam apparently has a way with tech that Mac never had, and doesn’t currently have any plans. He fit right in developing better and more complicated spy thingies, which, of course, had to be field tested, providing opportunities for Mac to drop in occasionally.

Fast forward to current time.
Mac has a little sloop, and he tools around the waterways of North America, occasionally coming back to Phoenix to teach a class of rookies what to do when the Tech fails. Sam is in Pete’s position and complains about budget meetings and Homeland Security’s interference in Phoenix’s day-to-day operations. He is shocked to find out that his daughter has, unbeknownst to him, been enrolled in the spy school Phoenix runs for 8 months, and is the Salutatorian of this year’s graduating class, much to her annoyance. And she totally DOES NOT have a crush on the guy who beat her by 1.5 points. Her name is Cynthia, but she goes by Mac.

Sam: “You are NOT going on this mission, young lady, and that’s final.”
MacGyver: “There’s a mission?”
Mac: “But Dad- they’re counting on me!”
MacGyver: “What’s the mission?”
Sam: “And just for the record, I’m NOT going to be the one to explain to YOUR MOTHER—”
MacGyver: “IS ANYBODY GOING TO TELL ME WHAT. MISSION. Or am I going to hafta pull rank here?”

I foresee a lot of, “Y’know, back in *my* day ...” And of course, Mac’s granddaughter will cling to his old-fashioned ways of doing things, and not her father’s precious tech, which she will happily disassemble in order to put the components to better use in the gadget she makes along the way.

Whatcha think?

Bill
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Great idea ,Bill. The problem is it could have worked had 'they' been true to the 'spirit' of the original version.
There were reboots of tv shows before. But MacGyver is special. Fans are ready to defend this unique character . And 'they' have just realized it. Too bad cause it's too late.
samy74

Post by samy74 »

Moi je dessus et contre du reboot de la serie, elle ne vaux pas celle de Richard que je reste fidèle à sa série. J'ai connu cette serie quand j'avais 13 ans et c'était la toute première serie que je regardai tout les dimanches après midi. Que des bon souvenirs. :)

Ils vont tout gaché avec cette nouvelle version pffffff. :(
Caty

Post by Caty »

Bill wrote:

Whatcha think?

Bill
Sorry to shorten your post. But it's a good idea, really.
Too bad the people in the studios don't have any feeling for MACGYVER, they only see money.
Now they will see their money floating away. Can't say I'm sorry about that. ;)
"

(Buddha)