Murdoc Sings??

Mac/Jack#1fan

Murdoc Sings??

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

So, while I was watching some MacGyver clips and things on YouTube, I stumbled across this

http://youtu.be/7BA8P_WKP6o

I didn't know Michael Des Barres (Murdoc) sang? Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but I just thought it was interesting. It was definitely a new one for me, that's for sure. ;) :)
cmbj67

Re: Murdoc Sings??

Post by cmbj67 »

Interesting, but I prefer Rick's style on stage, especially with that kind of music, which requires some energy.
Murdoc doesn't even move! :|
Claudia
polaris

Post by polaris »

I found it weird to see Murdoc sings...
I kinda get used to him screaming "Macgyyvaaaa...." :lol:
Anyway, perhaps he was a rock star or something before he played in Macgyver.
They (Macgyver & Murdoc) should get a chance to sing, I suppose..
That must have been an interesting episode :mrgreen:
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Hihi!! Murdoc and Macgyver singing together Polaris!! :lol:

Couldn't find the whole clip but here's Rick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SYvux7X ... F593425CD7

And I just love this clip from seven brides for seven brothers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hThpG4EYDg
Lots of love,

Lies

MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Michael Des Barres was originally best known as a rock musician; he got into acting later in his career. He fronted a band called Silverhead, and replaced the lead singer on Power Station just before a major tour. You remember the "Rock against Drugs" thing in the MacGyver episode Two Times Trouble? MdB was involved in the real-life version of that!

Somewhere out there is a marvelous article describing his arrival to audition for the role of Murdoc. He was fresh off the Power Station tour, and still didn't have a US driver's license -- so he arrived in a white limo, because that's the transportation he had. It was quite an entrance!

Check out his website: http://www.desbarres.com/biography/. When I was writing Reverb, I actually stole several details from MdB's life and used them for Murdoc's backstory. ;) I figured that since the original writers did the same for RDA, I was simply following a tradition!

He also has a Twitter feed, and he's terribly funny (yes, really!)
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

cmbj67 wrote:Interesting, but I prefer Rick's style on stage, especially with that kind of music, which requires some energy.
Murdoc doesn't even move! :|
Ha! I prefer Rick's style too. I just thought this was interesting, I didn't know Murdoc could sing!

Thanks Beth for the information and the link :D This was all new information to me :)
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

cmbj67 wrote:I prefer Rick's style on stage, especially with that kind of music, which requires some energy.
Musical performance on stage is a completely different style from music videos -- you can't really compare them at all. The music vids have to be synched, and are edited to a fare-thee-well. Plus, the singer has to follow whatever the director decided to do with the song, even if it means just standing there a lot. Michael des Barres on stage sings in a more characteristic concert style.
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Yes, I just watched Hot and Sticky on Youtube, out of curiosity. Not bad, but not the same energy.

I like the song of Two Times Trouble, I didn't know he was involved.
Claudia
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

Michael des Barres wasn't involved with the fictional event in the episode; he was involved with the actual organization in real life. I don't know if the writers took inspiration from this, but I like to think they might have done.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Lots of love,

Lies