What Vehicle of MacGyver's do you like best?

Mac/Jack#1fan

Re: What Vehicle of MacGyver's do you like best?

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Lizzie G wrote::!: Hi all this my first post
Best vehicle got to be the jeep
Hi Lizzie :D Great to have you here. :D And YAY! Another Jeep lover :D
polaris

Post by polaris »

My first choice is the JEEP ;)
Then the motorbike.
I will put the truck in the last choice.
One question, what is Nomad? In which episode did he ride this vehicle?
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

The Nomad is the old station wagon that Harry left Mac in the episode "Harry's Will". Mac drove it in some of the S6 episodes, including "The Visitor" and "Bitter Harvest".

I never cared much for it muself -- my family had an old blue station wagon when I was growing up, and to me, it was just a car, nothing special. It got terrible gas mileage. Even though the Nomad is a special, classic, iconic station wagon, it still doesn't ring any fond nostalgic bells.
Mac/Jack#1fan

Post by Mac/Jack#1fan »

Here's the Nomad Polaris :) Well, its behind Mac lol ;)

Its not my favorite of his vehicles....but its okay :)
polaris

Post by polaris »

oh you meant the big blue car he rode..
My grandpa once had this same car with the same color :mrgreen:
I'm not a fan of a big car but I think I must say that I like the Nomad better than the truck.
Honestly, I think I saw that truck black painted in some episode before Mac's grandpa died. Then Mac repainted it into yellow and brown :shock:
I can't decide for what reason I don't like that truck. The colorful paint or just the truck :?
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Definitely I love the JEEP and I think it's the most suitable for Mac. And me too, every time I see a Jeep on the road, especially a Wrangler, I always think of Mac. It's kind of his trademark, except for his Swiss Army knife. And second I love the motorcycle. As Mac/Jack said, he looks incredibly sexy and gorgeous when riding his Harley or any other bike. I remember him riding a dirt bike (I'm not so sure about the type) in the episode Cease Fire from season 5, and also a Harley (I think it was a Harley, I don't know much about motorcycles types) in the episodes High-Control from season 6 and Split Decision from the same season. He looked awesome and stunning and so sexy in his black leather jacket and the sun glasses. I was always wondering and I had the impression that this Harley he was riding on in these two episodes, was his own, since I know he owned a Harley, if he still has it. Does anyone know if that bike was his own? As for the Nomad and the truck, I put them a little behind, I'm not crazy about them either, but since Mac is driving them, it's O.K. He looks good in any type of vehicle.
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:I had the impression that this Harley he was riding on in these two episodes, was his own, since I know he owned a Harley, if he still has it. Does anyone know if that bike was his own?
Yes, it was a Harley (the Harley engine sound is deliberately unique), and yes, it was his own. Harleys are incredibly expensive, so that was pretty much the only way he was going to have one to ride for that episode! I really liked the scene where he reluctantly chose to go without a helmet -- it was a really good way of handling that.

The Harley only appeared once: the other motorcycles were other models. Somewhere, I still have a list of what they were (I compiled it when I was writing Revision.)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

MacBeth wrote: Yes, it was a Harley (the Harley engine sound is deliberately unique), and yes, it was his own.
It' s amazing :o how many things Mac and Rick have in common.
Claudia
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Well,he was chosen for the part because he used his glasses to read his lines and it corresponded to the character's personality .It was easier to use his own bike too ,I suppose .

'Just like home' so to speak.

Must have been fun . :D
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

It wasn't so much that it was "easier", as that the budget would not necessarily have been able to provide a Harley if RDA hadn't provided its own.