MacGyver blog

nicolemj@otenet.gr

Re: MacGyver blog

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Nick for the wonderful and very interesting interview. I especially loved the nice words he said about Rick. He is indeed, an amazing guy and a very sweet, adorable, giving and caring person, and so lovely with kids. That was a great thing to do, visiting children at the hospital and spending time with them, and he really enjoyed doing it with his heart, and not for publicity reasons, that's why he didn't want anyone to know about it.
And I totally agree with his opinion about the MacGyver reboot. These are exactly my thoughts.
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Very interesting interview, Nick. Thank you for posting it here ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes, thanks, Nick for this interview. I especially liked the information about Rick and auto racing as well as the information about Rick visiting the hospitals and sick kids and not wanting the press to know about it.

Here are the comments on this latter matter:

"PM: He was an amazing guy and a wonderful person. Very modest and didn't want a lot of credit for things. One thing he would do every Christmas -- and he didn't want anyone knowing about it and didn't want the press to find out because he didn't want any credit -- he would go to a local hospital and hang out with kids. That's just something he would do because he cared about them and cared about stuff like that."

RDA has a heart of gold!
B
themacgyverproject

Post by themacgyverproject »

Talked to Peter Lenkov about the new MacGyver, and he talks about the latest in his efforts to get RDA (would be interested to get Kate's take if she has any additional info).
http://themacgyverproject.blogspot.com/ ... ation.html
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Nick, that was a great interview and very interesting. It's nice that he shows respect for the original show and RDA himself. As he said, "MacGyver will always be Richard.
CMac

Post by CMac »

That's nice of him, but I have one question--if RDA will always be MacGyver, then why bother doing a reboot?
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you Nick for sharing your interview.
CMac wrote:That's nice of him, but I have one question--if RDA will always be MacGyver, then why bother doing a reboot?
He needs to defend his new 'baby' ...

As for RDA being part of it ,they didn't ask him at first (that's what he said in Ghent during the q&as) . When they saw it wasn't doing so well ,they thought getting him was a good idea to use him as a 'backup'... and there's his message posted here ( someone said somewhere that refusing the way he did was 'unprofessional' ... :? ) RDA can change his mind but I'm not sure he will .

But Kate will know better .
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

What a fantastic interview!!!!!! THANKS NICK!!!!!! Loved reading it!!
Lots of love,

Lies

themacgyverproject

Post by themacgyverproject »

Here are some pictures of my trip to LA where I visited some MacGyver locations!
http://themacgyverproject.blogspot.com/ ... geles.html
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thanks for sharing , Nick. You're a very lucky man .Vancouver next ? Great . :) Looking forward to it.