Great story and amazing pics! Thank you, Paja :D :D :D :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
yolie

Re: Stargate Figures in Action

Post by yolie »

:) Just love your action figure stories and lovely pics and all the hard work you do to share these adventures.
Nice jobs with all the different poses that you put Jack through. Thanks for sharing with us, love all these stories. ;)
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Oh man, these are great! Super job ;)
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Thanks Paja, it's really an amazing job and an amazing imagination to invent the stories :D :D
Claudia
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Paja, you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of love,

Lies

Astra

Post by Astra »

I want to tell all my friends who over the years always so kindly commented on my action figure pictures about a very special honor I received recently. Because my figures are displayed in the Shakespeare Magazine now. They had planned to do an article about David Tennant (mostly known as The Doctor in "Doctor Who", but he also does lots of theatre work) and asked fans to tell their stories about seeing him in theatre.

I had been so impressed by his "Hamlet" that I took my "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who" figures and set up the complete play together with a friend, in exactly the way it was on the DVD. We had so much fun. And the people from the magazine liked it too and asked me to select 12 pictures for them to display, which was hard to choose! I managed though and you can see the result here on pages 18-21 and also on page 46 is a picture of myself and a little biography: http://issuu.com/shakespearemagazine/do ... agazine_02

They also kindly provided a link at the end to my original Livejournal entry which has the complete story as well as behind-the-scenes and more. Sadly the link is broken in two parts and therefore not clickeable, here is the right one: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/28212.html

However, since not everyone is on LJ and able to comment there, and to not go too much off topic here in the Stargate action figure thread, I created a new thread with the complete story here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68

So, if you want to add your thoughts, why not wander over there? I am quite excited about the whole thing I can tell you! Now if only someone would pay me for pictures with figures, I could play all day long ;)
Astra

Post by Astra »

Well, as you might know, the Soccer World Cup is taking place at the moment, and my figures wanted to take part as well. Only, we call it "Space Cup" in our little corner of the universe. Earth against Aliens, it should be an interesting match. Only, there are some difficulties to overcome first. Teaching aliens to play soccer is not as easy as it seems.

Space Cup part 1 - preparations

The teams:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Our reporter has some special information about the player Ori Prior: He used to smoke a lot, that's why he has this unhealthy skin color. The trainer forced him to stop or leave the team.
We will see whether Thor Asgard can make up for his lack of size in speed and agility.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Referee O'Neill is known to be firm but fair. He knows how to handle the players and is well experienced.

The sponsor of the goal wall: PEZ Soft

Let's play soccer!
Last edited by Astra on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

LOL Astra. :)

You certainly have imagination. And talent.

I responded to your Shakespeare storyline privately. (I hope others got to see it too.) For your World Cup story I just have to say - either you're very creative, or deeply disturbed. :lol: :lol:

(Love the sheep!)

Kate
Caty

Post by Caty »

I love this Astra :lol: :lol:

That would be a soccer game, even I would watch although I don't like soccer :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)