Stargate Figures in Action

Astra

Re: Stargate Figures in Action

Post by Astra »

MacBeth wrote:(The shortcut is simply to loosen it and slip it over the head, still tied.)
I tried that, but I can't even see which bits to loosen. It is well knotted. A friend who also has this figure says you should be actually able to just pull the thin end through and loosen it that way, but I must do something wrong. Maybe I'll ask my Dad for advice ;)
Still, getting him into and out of his coat and jacket was hard enough, I don't want to imagine what the shirt would be, as it is very slim.
Last edited by Astra on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacBeth

Post by MacBeth »

You do that by taking the loop that goes around the neck and gently tugging on that, so that it pulls the thin end back up through the knot. If you tug downwards on the thin end, that will tighten it further.
Paja

Post by Paja »

Hi, I'm happy to follow Astra's wonderful start of this thread and I'm finally bringing another winter adventure of Jack as I promised at the end of the Swiss Alps series posted on the old forum. Enjoy!

Jack’s winter adventures - Savoie Alps 2012

Prologue

A couple of weeks before our vacation, I found Jack absorbed in an unexpected activity, so very unusual for him.

Paja: Jack?
Jack: Huh?
Paja: Is this what I think it is?
Jack: You mean SGC report?
Paja: Don’t tell me you are reading it.
Jack: Why not? It’s quite interesting actually. I don’t know why everyone thinks I never read reports. When did this rumor start?

There was something wrong about it, I tell you. An hour later, Jack was still at the same place, in the same position, so focused that it made me feel slightly nervous.

Another hour later...

Apparently, the whole study made him quite exhausted. I was tempted to look into the top secret files scattered on the ground, but I knew the moment I touched them, he would wake up and disable me with some of his lightning grips. His instincts have not worsened a bit even after that time off duty. So I rather removed myself from the room quietly.

Paja

Post by Paja »

Later that day:

Jack [with an angry voice]: I don’t care what it takes, Carter. Just bring it, will ya? ...yeah, I know... Careful is my second name... sure... I trust you. Bye.

Paja: Anything wrong?
Jack: No, everything’s fine.

My nervousness jumped a notch.

A week later:

Paja [cheerily]: Jack, it looks like we’ll have more snow than the last year. I just checked the weather fore......cast.
Jack: Mmm-hm?

Now, *that* sight was disturbing.

Paja: Oh my goodness, where did you get it? Stop playing with it right now. You know how dangerous this thing is.
Jack: Don’t worry. It’s perfectly under control.
Paja: What? How did you... I thought you returned it to the planet, long ago.
Jack: We did. This is a replica. Carter made it for me. She’s quite brilliant, isn’t she?
Paja [disconcerted]: She sure is.

Jack: Little more faith, lady. Do you want snow?
Paja: Yes, but...
Jack: You’ll have it.
Paja: And what about the other hemisphere?
Jack: They’re gonna be okay, don’t worry. No change for them.
Paja: [just an unintelligible sound]
Jack: Let’s elevate this little fella yet... and here we are. Cool. [beaming] Now we can go.

Paja

Post by Paja »

After this extraordinary prelude, we packed our brand new stuff for a very special vacation. Inspired by the last year experience with the mountaineering backpack, Jack’s sportswear company extended its range with new equipment, and it was no one else but Jack O’Neill himself who first tested it under various mountain conditions, in the world of ice and snow.

Now let’s follow him through the whole test week in this special issue of the Climbing magazine.

Paja

Post by Paja »

Except for a minor flaw in the touchstone settings on the very first day (which was dismissed by Jack with his characteristic grace)...

...the weather was like a dream this year.

Once the skies cleared, Jack grabbed his climbing gear and hurried out to look for some suitable place where he could complete the first test.

Jack: This looks good.
Paja: Does it? I don’t know. What are you up to?
Jack: You’ll see.

When he got up on the big white boulder, Jack was contemplating his further moves for a while.

Then he fastened his rope to a hook and started to rappel down an icy wall.

Paja

Post by Paja »

What a sight!

You just have to admire his many talents.

Once he descended under the overhang, he stopped for a while and was just playfully swinging in the air.
Paja: So, how does it feel?
Jack: Great. Everything seems to work pretty well.

Then he continued to rappel and was down in no time, with such natural ease and elegance that spoke volumes about his long experience in this kind of sports.

Paja

Post by Paja »

His enjoyment was more than obvious.
Jack: Woohoo!

The eight is perfect. The rope slides through it smoothly.

Paja: What about the harness?
Jack: Extremely comfortable. Fits great. I really like the design.

Paja: So what now? Are we going to test the axes?
Jack: Yep. Let’s find some nice ice wall where I can put my heroic skills on display. *wink*

Jack packed his gear quickly into the transportation box and we moved happily toward another location.

To be continued. The next part coming soon. :)

P.S. Kudos to Astra for providing me with the lovely little SGC files.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!

No WONDER we've been having floods and fires and tornadoes and tons of snow and a spring that is delayed almost a month. Doesn't he know it's dangerous to fiddle with those alien devices?!

Incredible as always, Paja. I can't even begin to imagine where you managed to get a miniature Touchstone. Through a miniature stargate, I'm sure.

Smiling for the rest of the day...

Kate
Astra

Post by Astra »

The Touchstone actually comes with Miniature Daniel, Kate! I also have an Egyptican statue for him and a Naquadah reactor for Sam.

I already had forgotten that I had given you SG-files Paya, but I recognized them immediately (especially since used them just last week myself for a scene)

As for the Touchstone, I really wonder why Jack didn't use it last year already LOL

The climbing gear you made for him is freaking awesome. Seriously. It all looks so real and easily could be a real man. And do I see even spikes on his shoes? How did he get spikes on his shoes?

Seems to me like you didn't even bother packing your skis anymore LOL