Stargate Figures in Action

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Stargate Figures in Action

Post by KateR »

Paja wrote:I'm sorry for the long quiet on my part. Real life (demanding job mostly) has once again took me away from the forum and my hobbies in general. But I finally made some steps to end this craziness that was only consuming time and destroying creativity, and now I am back and ready to rejoin.
Good to see both you and Astra back posting your entertaining adventures. I'm amazed by all the props and wardrobe you two come up with as well.

Paja, are you going to be at Gatecon? I'm counting on you and your camera being there in the front row! :)

Kate
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Paja, I'm so happy that you're back. I hope you are coming to GateCon too. I'd love to see you again. The "kids" send their love.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Paja

Post by Paja »

Thank you all for your warm welcome, my friends. It is so good to be back.
Astra wrote:What you see in my pictures is actually a real game my parents have.
Oh really? That’s lovely. Now it reminds me that I also have a certain game I bought a couple years ago, and was planning to use it in a story with figures! Should be added on the list. :)
Astra wrote:Remember Jack making paper planes, having his feet up at the desk, in the lovely grey shirt you made him? You said at the time you wanted to post these pictures yourself so I never did. Maybe you can find time for those as well?
I sure remember, and it’s on the list of stories to be posted too.
KateR wrote:Paja, are you going to be at Gatecon?
As for Gatecon, it’s sort of rubbing salt into the wound. I would love to go there and see you all again, but I missed the ticket sale. In fact, it was right at the time when I was fully consumed in that work overload and didn’t have the strength to add this decision-making process on top of it. So I let it go for better times. But then the good tickets were of course sold out.
Besides, there is also the point of money. These events completed with travel and accommodation tend to be extremely expensive. That’s another perspective to be considered.
KateR wrote:I'm counting on you and your camera being there in the front row! :)
Well, I would love to be in the front row! Anytime! That would be like a dream. Unfortunately, it won’t happen. Even if I now decided to go and managed to purchase a ticket, I would end up in the last row where I would then be suffering that I cannot take decent pictures. Too bad for my little photographer’s soul. :( So... *shrug*... and *sob*.
PamK1950 wrote:Paja, I'm so happy that you're back. I hope you are coming to GateCon too. I'd love to see you again. The "kids" send their love.
Thank you! Likewise. Give them my big hug. Little Jack, Danny and Bunny say hallo as well. ;)
Paja

Post by Paja »

Finally resuming the winter story I started to post... when? A year ago? Sheesh.
If you want to refresh your memory, you can look at the beginning of the story here:
http://www.rdanderson.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=12

And here is another part of the colorful holiday:

Jack’s winter adventures - Savoie Alps 2012 - Part 2

After the initial test of his new harness, Jack moved to another promising location, eager to try his axes and crampons this time. When he spotted a pile of icy snow, he immediately recognized perfect terrain and made for it without hesitation.

Jack: This looks good.

Jack: Yeah, really good.

He didn’t even waited for me to say something profound and started to climb.

I was rotating around the ice rock, trying to catch good moments for my camera.

Paja

Post by Paja »

Paja: How is it going?
Jack [mumbling]: Good.

Jack kept his speech to a minimum and was fully focused on his task.

Any wrong step would cause a spectacular fall.
When he took a break longer than usual, I was developing a bit of worry.

Paja: Something wrong?
Jack: No, why?
Paja: You seem to get stuck there.

Jack: Just need to place a screw here.

Calmed down, I moved to a better position to see how he was doing.

Jack: A bit tough here, but it’s okay now.

Paja

Post by Paja »

When the screw was put securely in the ice, Jack clipped a quickdraw to it and then ran the rope through the other carabiner smoothly.

Seeing him like that - attached to the icy wall only by the tips of his crampons and one axe - didn’t make me feel much comfortable, but he seemed totally at ease with such arrangement.

Then he continued to climb, looking for the best way among the huge snowballs.

Paja

Post by Paja »

Almost there!

It certainly was a beautiful piece of snow and ice for Jack’s climbing performance.

Jack of all mountains...
Savoring the moment on the top of the icy pyramid.

Yep, he was proud, to say the least. Bragging, I would call it. But he deserved the ovation.

And I managed to add yet another promo page to Jack O’Neill Sportswear catalogue.

To be continued - this time real soon. ;)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Paja wrote:As for Gatecon, it’s sort of rubbing salt into the wound. I would love to go there and see you all again, but I missed the ticket sale. In fact, it was right at the time when I was fully consumed in that work overload and didn’t have the strength to add this decision-making process on top of it. So I let it go for better times. But then the good tickets were of course sold out.
Besides, there is also the point of money. These events completed with travel and accommodation tend to be extremely expensive. That’s another perspective to be considered.
Expense is always an issue, of course. But don't give up on getting a good seat! Keep an eye on the Gatecon Forum. There have been quite a lot of people who purchased tickets early and now have had a change of plans and must sell their tickets. Some of them are very good seats. In fact, I think I noticed seats near me in the third row up for sale a little while ago.

I'm just saying... would love to see you there!

And thanks for your continuation of Jack's excursion. As always, I love the tiny details! :)

Kate
yolie

Post by yolie »

Thanks for another Jack adventure. The pics were so real lookin and adored Jack's
big moment when he reach the peak. Way to go Jack you did it. :)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

I just looked, there are some seats in row D up for sale on the forum. Not that we're twisting your arm. :D :D I'm in row H
If you can't say anything nice.....