Flames over Phoenix

Jack(s)

Re: Flames over Phoenix

Post by Jack(s) »

Thanks so much B, Monika and Daicy for the praise. Makes me such a happy camper and your words mean the world to me. Thanks again.

The FF is finished by now from my side and j hope I manage to post the last part over the weekend when I am off. Stay safe guys...
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

So the last part is coming. Hope you all enjoyed the FF. Thanks to all who have read it. Comment on it or not. You all are very lovely people.
----------------------

“We didn’t do anything. He came…” one of them started, swallowing hard before continuing, “he came in in that state. He has that ancient gene and we had been told to extract it by all means necessary. We know that he is in a great deal of pain if he should awake. That’s why he is sedated. It is for his own good.”

Daniel took his weapon from the scientist's head and looked at Sam. By now she had walked over to Jack again and checked all the attachments.

“Can we disconnect him from all of this? He is coming with us. I am only willing to leave one IV line with fluids, nutrition, and painkillers on him. The rest must be removed.” The Colonel glared at the five figures still on the floor.

“I think we can do it. he looks pretty stable.” One of the hostages commented on the request that had been made.

“OK, come here. Do what’s necessary, but keep in mind. Don’t do anything stupid, or by god, I will start killing one after another of your buddies over there.” Sam’s voice was low and deep. Here was no room for error on both parties and all of them knew it. The scientist had to play by the new rules which been set if they wanted to survive.

Carefully, one tube after another was taken off from the still body. Little dressings applied and at last the monitors. One IV line remained with the necessary stuff to keep Jack comfortable.

The door opened and the big Jaffa entered and assessed the situation in a second, offering Colonel Carter his helping hand.

“Thanks, Teal`c. We need to get the General into the elevator and up to the surface. A team is standing by very close and they are just waiting for my command. We need to hurry. I don’t know how long he has without professional help.” Sam looked over to the figure which once was a very stubborn General and the love of her life. Silently she had asked herself already what happens when he would wake up. How would he cope? What damage would he carry away? Would he defeat everything in his path again and come out on the other end even stronger than he was already?
Sam had so many questions and no answers to them. Only time would tell. Sam knew it and she knew she had to be patient.

A few minutes later, SG1 plus the General been back on deck one. The five hostages where all still sitting at the side. Five pairs of eyes glared at them as they emerged out of the lift.

Taking her radio, Colonel Carter gave the ok to get picked up and have a clean removal out at the bunker. She hoped that this facility would be shut down and that what happened here would never repeat itself.

Xxx

Half an hour later

The sound of a military chopper sounded through the air. Highly trained soldiers entered and secured the bunker. Sam had arranged for Jack to be taken care of. He was still out and didn’t realise what happened all around him.

Three teams of highly trained military personal swarmed in and secured the bunker. Jack with the rest of SG1 was airlifted to the next Hospital, Raymond W Bliss Army Health Centre. The flight was as short as 10 minutes and at the arrival, a medical team waited already on the helicopter landing pad.

Sam watched as the medical team wheeled the General inside. Suddenly the whole tension which has been building up over the last few days dropped off her shoulders. Grabbing Daniel’s arm, who been standing the closest to her, she steadied herself before dropping to the ground.

“We should get inside. Its warmer there and I am sure we would all like to know how Jack is doing.” Daniel was the first one who spoke again. He gazed at his friend as she was still holding on to him but did not say a word about it. He knew Sam would be ok and that his friend appreciated the silent comfort. A silent nod from his friends and the trio set themselves in motion.

At the reception desk, they requested some information and had been told that the General was in surgery already. There was no outcome of any test yet available and so the team had to wait.

After making camp in the waiting area, the penny dropped, and Sam jumped up. “I forgot to phone General Landry. Be right back, guys.” She notified them as she went outside.

xxx

The time went slowly by. Seconds stretched into minutes and minutes into hours. The day dawned already. As the Doctor arrived in the waiting room, he saw the three adults who arrived with the patient late last night slumped in their chairs.

He knew how stressful a recovery mission could be. Silently he walked back and told a nurse to get some blankets and let the soldiers sleep but ordered to be notified as soon as they are awake. He needed to speak to them, but it wasn’t urgent enough to wake them.

Xxx

The sun already high on the horizon, Teal`c was the first one to open his eyes. Looking around, the memory crept back into his mind. Searching for a clock, he found one on the wall and the time told him it was just after 9 in the morning.

Quietly he got up and walked to get himself a cup of coffee. Folding his blanket, he placed it on the seat he had occupied a minute before.
Walking back to the reception area, he asked for an update on the General. The nurse told him that the Doctor in charge would speak with all three of them and explain everything and answer all the questions they may have.

Satisfied with the answer he walked back with his coffee cup in his right hand and sat quietly down. He picked up a magazine and waited for his friends to awaken.

Not even finishing the first article, Daniel and Sam stirred at the same time. Teal`c sipped on his coffee and greeted his friends with a small smile and slight bow of his head.

“Good Morning Daniel Jackson and Colonel Carter. Have you rested well?” he asked and took another sip. Placing the magazine back on its original place.

“Morning Teal’c.” Sam looked around and waited till the memories of the day before flooded back into her brain. “Any news on Jack?”

“The friendly nurse at the reception desk stated that a doctor will talk with us,” he explained and watched as Daniel lifted his stiff body out of the chair to stretch himself.

“I smell coffee. I need one. Be right back.” And off the archaeologist went without waiting for any reply.

“Daniel and his coffee” Sam smiled and stood up herself. “I will see if I can find out when the doctor wants to speak with us. I am dying to know what’s going on,” she told her alien friend and before the Jaffa knew it, he was sitting alone in the room with his warm coffee still in his hands.

Xxx

Daniel came back with two cups of coffee in his hands and a minute later the Colonel arrived with the Doctor in tow.

“Good morning. I hope you three had a good sleep.” The Doctor smiled in a friendly manner and started to introduce himself. “My name is Doctor Major Wes Abernathy. I was on duty when you all arrived last night.” He continued and gestured the team to sit down.

“I am sure you all have a lot of questions. As the health of General Jack O`Neill is confidential, I have to ask in which relation you are all standing to him and then I have to ask you to sign a form. I do apologise for any inconvenience on that part, but rules are rules.

“Good Morning. Would you like to be addressed with Doctor or Major?” Sam asked before going into the introduction of her team and herself.

“Doctor is just fine.” He smiled and appreciated the question.

“Ok then, good morning Doctor Abernathy. I am Colonel Samantha Carter. To the left, this is Daniel Jackson and to my right this is Teal`c.” She pointed to each of her friends. “Till a few years ago we had been all on the same team with the General and served this country and planet. We are all three stationed at Cheyanne mountain in Colorado. On request of General Landry, we have been sent to retrieve the General and bring him to safety. If you would like to make a call and check up on that information please do so. Here is his number.” She checked her watch and continued,

“He should be in his office already.” Sam handed the astonished Doctor a card and watched him leave after a silent nod.

Just a few minutes later, Doctor Abernathy came back and nodded. Having a clipboard under his arm with the forms to sign. “Your story checks out. Here are the agreement forms to remain private and confidential on all parts regarding the General while he stays with us.”

After all that was done, Doctor Abernathy started to explain. “General O`Neill is in bad shape. He has a complicated broken hip and his ribs have been broken in a few places. His legs have each been broken in three different places and he managed to dislocate his right knee. He also suffers from a bad concussion. We fixed him up as good as we could over several hours last night. He is in the ICU at the moment. To make sure that it doesn't move, we put him in a comfortable coma. This will also help him to flush the remnants of drugs and medication from his system that are still in his bloodstream.” Stopping there and deciding it was better to wait till the information had sunken in, he took a deep breath. It was always hard to speak with friends and family about a patient and even harder if the patient died.

“Is it possible that we could see him? From experience in the past, we know that he recovers faster and better if one of his friends is close by and talks to him.” Sam explained and hoped the answer would be yes.

“Yes, it is possible. But I have to warn each and one of you. There are a lot of machines attached to him that provide essential data for us. He is from his hip down in plaster to allow his body and bones to repair themselves in the way they should. Come on, I will bring you to him. But just a few minutes.” With that, all four parties stood in unison and made their way up to the room in question.

Xxx

Just a few minutes later, the door was the only thing between sg1 and their former commander. Sam took a deep breath before pushing the handle down. It was agreed on the way to Jack that she would be the first one to see and talk to him.

As she entered, her heart skipped a beat. She had seen him many times in the infirmary in the bowels of Cheyenne mountain and still. What she saw now shocked her to the core.

Taking another deep breath and releasing it very slowly, she stepped further into the room. Jack had his head in a white thick layered bandage. The rest of the body was covered with a sheet. His skin looked pale and almost at white as the covering.

Sam stepped up to his bed. Watching the lines on the monitors recording his pulse and heartbeat. He wasn’t on a ventilator which means he was good enough to do his own breathing even being in a coma state.

Grabbing his hand. She stroked softly over the back of his hand and examined his fingers. Long and thin, those fingers knew how to make her feel loved and she remembered the last time by their date in Washington. He had softly played with her hair and whispered romantic words into her ear.
“Jack, hey. How are you doing? I know it’s a silly question, but I don’t know what to say. I am just happy that we found you finally. Outside is a security guard this time so no one can come near you again and steal you away. I know or we all know how special you are and still, you never made a fuss out of it. I need you to wake up and come back to me.” She closed her eyes and took another deep breath. This was so hard, and she honestly wasn’t sure what she would do without him.

She kissed him softly on his cheek and said goodbye but promised to come and visit him again. There was still the question hanging in the air who was behind all this.

As she stepped outside, she struggled with herself. Tears threatened to fall but she knew that this was not an option. Not right now in front of her friends. The doctor had reassured the trio that their mutual friend would have a full recovery - it just would take time.
All three knew once Jack was on the road to recovery it would be hard to entertain him enough, so he wasn’t going to try to get out of bed. He would have to have physiotherapy and relearn how to walk but the Doctor was optimistic. Nothing was damaged on his nerves or spinal cord so there was no reason for not walking.

“We need to get moving guys. The question is still, who is behind all this?” Sam encouraged her friends to come with her. Here was nothing they could do.

“Do we have any leads?” Daniel questioned.

Xxx

Three weeks later

Several SG teams in Partnership with the now cleaned up NID moved around a warehouse just outside from Houston. Over the past few weeks, the sling around the guys who had kidnapped General O`Neill had begun to get tighter and tighter.

Surveillance had shown activity right here and with careful planning and coordination, this operation was on the go and with a bit of luck, it would be a success as well.

Cornel Carter was the leading Commander of Operation “Underground”. She had checked her intel one last time and all satellite pictures and thermo cameras before she gave the final go-ahead.

“All Units go go go!” she confirmed and waited. With her were waiting for a few different experts. Everybody wanted to get their fingers on the equipment, the information, and the people themselves who were behind all this.

Sam was remembering the puppy look Jack had given her when she told him what was planned and that he couldn’t be here at that moment. He wanted to be here, he wanted to witness the love of his life in action and he wanted to see those men in the eye.

But when he woke two weeks ago, the doctor had told him that he must be patient. He can’t rush his body otherwise he would cause even more damage than it would do good.

Due to the good planning and caution paid by everybody the warehouse was secure in no time. 20 men were sitting on one side of the big warehouse on the cold stone ground. Hands bound behind their back with three soldiers as guard dogs.

Sam went with the rest of the experts in and coordinated the packing up from all the interesting stuff. This was going to be a long few weeks which laid ahead of everybody.

Sam took her cell phone out of her pocket and pressed 1 on her speed dial. Her Commanding officer General Landry picked up the phone and after the first quick report, she heard him congratulate her. She was proud and couldn’t wait to tell Jack all about it.

Xxx

Next day

“Hey Jack, how are you today?” Sam greeted the General who was watching The Simpsons on TV as she came in.

“Hey Sam, I am fine. Can’t wait to get out but I still have to wait. How was it yesterday? I know you told me on the phone but if you like you can tell me all in every single little detail. She could tell from the tone of his voice how proud he was of her.

They spend most of the day together and she explained everything to him, even the smallest detail. His eyes had been glued on her for the entire time and as she had finished, Jack was so much more in awe of her. He knew she would pull it off. He never doubted her but that she finally had such a big operation for herself - that was a milestone.

“So, did I understood that right. After the NID cleaned itself out, the sorted-out guys built a new network and wanted my genes? Geeeez, what is wrong with those guys. I am just glad you and the other ones never gave up on me. Thank you so much, Sam.” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. As he opened them again, he saw that she leaned in on him and both ended up in a long-overdue kiss.

The End
RDA
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

Hi Jack(s)

Thanks. Very nice, as always. Happy ending is great.
Daicy :)
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Thanks Daicy, I am a big fan if happy endings 😊😊😊
RDA
Daicy

Post by Daicy »

I as well.
Daicy :)
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hi Jacky,
Thank you, we, the fans and readers of your FF, have been waiting a long time for this kiss. :P :P :P
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Glad to make you all happy. Makes me happy too, even I am not a shipper.

Happy camper here in the U.K. all the way 😄🤩
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

love the ending, Jacky - and the very very welcome kiss!

Thank you so much for this FF. One of your best!
B
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

Thanks for the praise B. But I have to give credit to my friend and Beta for the idea of it...
I am glad you like it so much 😀😀😀
RDA
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Danke für diese Geschichte. Ich habe sie gerne gelesen. Ein schönes Weihnachtsfest. Weiter so. Liebe Grüsse aus Deutschland. :) Sanne