The end of SG-1 Season 10

Beata

The end of SG-1 Season 10

Post by Beata »

Hi everyone,

Can't believe I am in tears right now after watching 'Unending' which was the ending of SG-1. As I am sure you all know it was a bittersweet episode, but the emotion got to me like I never thought it would. The special feature was so tender and loving. Especially Beau Bridges little speech about the hard work with great joy, that really got to me. I can just imagine how hard they worked and why that kind of dedication and love came through all the seasons which made it such a success. I don't think a show has ever touch me so much. I wish that all of the cast and crew all the way through the 10 years could know how they touched us, but somehow I think they do, by the conventions etc. I was especially happy that Vala and Daniel got together, that scene was also done so well and was filled with emotion.

The finale where they all walked out into the gate for more adventures could not have been a better ending. The writers were truly genius.

Well pardon my blubbering I was truly moved. I guess life was happening that I never got a chance to finish it all in real time, thank goodness for DVD's.
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Re: The end of SG-1 Season 10

Post by bftlovesRDA »

THANKS for your recounting of this season ending finale of Season 10.

I have never watched anything from Season 9 or 10 because RDA was in so few of those episodes. So I appreciate reading what the end of Season 10 was like.

But, I am with you on how this series touched us - it was done so well - and the thousands of memorable scenes that are etched in my mind will be there forever.

I have been away from this board for awhile and still will not be posting much but will never forget how Stargate SG1 has affected me. I think it was the absolute best TV series of all time! And RDA was the main reason it was just that.
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

bftlovesRDA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:16 am

I have never watched anything from Season 9 or 10 because RDA was in so few of those episodes. So I appreciate reading what the end of Season 10 was like.

But, I am with you on how this series touched us - it was done so well - and the thousands of memorable scenes that are etched in my mind will be there forever.

I have been away from this board for awhile and still will not be posting much but will never forget how Stargate SG1 has affected me. I think it was the absolute best TV series of all time! And RDA was the main reason it was just that.
You are so welcome bftlovesRDA I would not have gotten Season 9 or 10 either for the same reason, but now I am glad I did, especially Season 10 RDA stars in Episode 200 and The Shroud. 200 is a real hoot and should be seen by every RDA fan, the special feature is especially entertaining and has what I consider lots of RDA moments.
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am
B. you are back! Can't believe it. That means hopefully you are better now.
Now you made my day! I am a happy camper now.
Even if you will not be posting much in the next time I enjoy everything you will write....short or long....or nothing for a while, but knowing, that you are in the mood again to have a look around here makes me so happy!

Welcome back, B. :D

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Anja,

Thank you for the welcome back!

As I said, I won't be posting much but I am doing better. I still have some treatments left for my condition, but over all am feeling good.

It's good to be back among friends!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:40 pm
bftlovesRDA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:16 am

You are so welcome bftlovesRDA I would not have gotten Season 9 or 10 either for the same reason, but now I am glad I did, especially Season 10 RDA stars in Episode 200 and The Shroud. 200 is a real hoot and should be seen by every RDA fan, the special feature is especially entertaining and has what I consider lots of RDA moments.
Beata
Thanks again - and I will try to find that episode - 200 - based on your recommendation.
B