Show and Tell
Matter of Time
Out of Mind

all where Jack gets hurt....... :D :D :D
B
Monika

Re: Guess the Stargate Quote

Post by Monika »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hello everybody,
Sorry again for the chaos. ;) ;) ;)

Jack(s) I mean "Message in the bottle"

In the German version, Jack said it twice.
1) When he came to work in the morning, Sam and Daniel had worked through the night.
2) When the stranger organism spoke through him

So much for my attempt to explain.

So Jack(s) it`s your turn.

From Monika with love
Maybe until sometime
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Well I said again... he said "good morning campers"...
I saw again the episode and i really don't know what the sentence could be except this one.
Jacky, do you really know where is the sentence from ?
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

night owl in German means Nachteule. This term prescribe a person who works through the night or just can't sleep at night time.
In the original version jack says good morning campers when he comes in to the lab from daniel and sam who where working on the orb thing. germany is not the best to know to have a very good word to word translation. i noticed this in many other movies or series.
so in German Jack probably said something like "guten Morgen ihr Nachteulen." which would explain Monikas quote.

I hope Monika you read this and dont stay away from the game. I know a second language can be hard. hugs from me to you
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Jack(s) wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:54 pm night owl in German means Nachteule. This term prescribe a person who works through the night or just can't sleep at night time.
In the original version jack says good morning campers when he comes in to the lab from daniel and sam who where working on the orb thing. germany is not the best to know to have a very good word to word translation. i noticed this in many other movies or series.
so in German Jack probably said something like "guten Morgen ihr Nachteulen." which would explain Monikas quote.

I hope Monika you read this and dont stay away from the game. I know a second language can be hard. hugs from me to you
Totally agree for the translation, the same in french.
But there is probably a solution for Monika to put the subtitle in english from the DVD.

Monika, do you watch the episodes on DVD or on TV ?

Anyway, thanks Jacky for the explanation. As you can imagine I had no difficulty to understand the "german" version.
Just, I didn't understood what Monika meant.

So the good answer is "Good morning Campers" for "Good Morning you night owl". Is it correct ?
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

that would be correct from the point of how I understand the whole scenario. so I really hope that Monika will read this and still likes to play the game. there are quotes on google or on Kates side where B and I take our quotes from. A. can't get it wrong and B. it's a bit easier for players to find the quote. so on that note moving on. next quote would be

Thank you, Sir. I pride myself on my deductive reasoning skills.
RDA
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

S1E5 The Broca Divide
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

yep, nice and easy
RDA
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hello friends,
Just to finish the whole drama. Yes, I read everything.

Jack(s), thank you ,
You recognized my problem exactly.
I never learned english. I try to teach myself. :x :x But sometimes my head is so empty :twisted:
And thanks for the hug, it feel good. I feel uncomfortable with the thought of causing trouble.

Karine,
I have only see the serie on TV so far. I should get the DVDs, to see and hear the original.
Or.......just keep me out.

I wish you a lot of fun.

From Monika with love
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Monika.....please continue to play!!!! Your selected quotes are just fine! This one quote was a little hard to figure out because of that one word: CAMPERS instead of NIGHT OWL. But most of the time your English is right on! So, please please please continue to play.

I have just been watching the discussion from the sidelines.....sorry to stick my nose in things.

But when I play, I either have to look the quote up in the "Memorable Remarks" section of Kate's episode descriptions (which is the easiest way for me to find the quotes) or I have to Google the quote on the internet (which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work).

Anyway, we are all in this together so we can go forward and have fun!
B