B
bftlovesRDA

Re: Screencaps from Stargate SG1

Post by bftlovesRDA »

B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

THAT's IT - that's all I am posting from Brief Candle - and apologies if this is too much. Just was in a mood..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you B for that wonderful, sweet, romantic mood of yours, so thanks to you, we were able to enjoy OUR MAN and how sweet and gentle he is with the ladies, especially Kynthia. And no apologies needed. Jack's photos are never too many. It's always a delight watching him in every single scene, no matter what that is. But I love especially the romantic ones. It shows the soft and tender side of his character, other than the tough, manly attitude. So, thanks for posting, and you really got me into that mood too and you made me wanna watch this episode tonight.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, NIcole,

Glad you enjoyed the Brief Candle postings.

Now I am ready for a "regular" screencap posting. This one is sort of sad so some may want to just skip it. I like the episode because it shows Jack in another way of acting and it is very well done even though it is tough to watch. (Thanks again to Gateworld for the screencaps).

It is Message in a Bottle

Again, some may want to skip this because it is hard to watch - and that's fine. I hope others will appreciate the acting and won't totally ignore it.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Message in a Bottle

Jack: Anybody home?

Daniel: If there ever was anybody home, they've been gone over 100,000 years or more.
Teal'c: Though this world once supported life, it is now extinct.
Sam: The probe picked up an EM source coming from something.

Jack: My guess is that thing....

Sam: This artifact or whatever it is is definitely the source.

B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Hi B

Yes, "Message In A Bottle" is one of my favorites and thank you for posting the first few screencaps of the episode. I agree, it's a sad one. and it's really hard to watch Jack suffering and being in such tremendous pain. But as you said, it shows another side of his acting and he once again does a terrific job. So, I don't think you should skip it. We can only think it is fake and that is not really happening, though it looks so real, thanks to Rick's amazing performance.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jack: Are we in any danger?

Sam: NO sir, I don't think so, not at the moment. This is incredible...if Daniel is right, this artifact has been doing this since the Neanderthals were a dominant species on earth.

Jack: AH, THAT TAKES ME BACK...

Daniel: Look at this writing of some kind. It's so tiny.

Jack: What does it do?

Sam: Well, it's maintaining an interior temperature of 33 degrees Fahrenheit, it's generating an electro magnetic field, and it's emitting small amounts of alpha, gamma, and delta radiation.

Jack: WELL, I KNEW THAT...WHY DOES IT DO THAT? I'm trying to make a threat assessment here, Captain.

Sam: I don't know what it is but it has a power source more advanced than anything we"ve ever come across.
Daniel: It's a time capsule...Imagine your civilization is facing a great cataclysm - wouldn't you leave something behind to tell whoever came after who you were?
Teal'c: Or how you died. When a Goa'uld is defeated in battle, he will sometimes leave a means to destroy the conqueror.
Sam: So you think it might be a boobytrap?

Teal'c: Booby?

Daniel: I don't think we're talking about the Goa'uld here...whoever's civilization this was, they went to great pains to leave this artifact behind...like a message in a bottle.

Jack: You buying this, Teal'c?

Teal'c: The benefits may outweigh the risk.
Sam: Earth could sure use a power source that lasts for thousands of years.
Jack: All right, pack it up, let's go home.

B