Screencaps from Stargate SG1

bftlovesRDA

Re: Screencaps from Stargate SG1

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Kti wrote:'Singularity' ;)
THANK YOU, Kti! (for your kind comment) and YES I believe that's exactly the episode - Singularity - where Teal'c asks Jack what is a black hole...I think Jack says, "well it's black and it's this hole...." or something like that.....Now I'll have to go back and watch that episode!!!! :D :D :D
B
yolie

Thanks Nicolem

Post by yolie »

Thanks Nicolemj for answering my blackhole questions, still can't remember the episode though. Like Jack Am confused with wormholes and black holes, Thanks again. And Thank you too B. for awesome clips. :D
yolie

Re: Screencaps from Stargate SG1 & Black holes

Post by yolie »

thanks for the episode on black hole question, have to rewatch singularity again. Just though I put that black hole question out there too, Jack sure was trying his hardest to explain that to Teal'c. Seeing the clip of Sam explaining worm holes to Jack, just reminded me of that scene, thanks everyone :)
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you Kti for reminding us the episode "Singularity" where Jack tries to explain to Teal'c what a black hole is.
bftlovesRDA

Re: Thanks Nicolem

Post by bftlovesRDA »

yolie wrote:Thanks Nicolemj for answering my blackhole questions, still can't remember the episode though. Like Jack Am confused with wormholes and black holes, Thanks again. And Thank you too B. for awesome clips. :D
You're very welcome, yolie! Hopefully there will be a new screencap episode sometime soon.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Time for another Screencap episode. This one is Point of View in Season 3.

(Many thanks to Gateworld for the screencaps collection and to KateR for her summaries and information about this episode in the Stargate section of this website.)

Kate has such a good summary on her Stargate section of this episode, I am posting it here as a summary that explains what is going on in Point of View;

Samantha Carter and Major Kawalsky emerge from an alternate reality through the quantum mirror in Area 51. In their world, the Goa'uld have conquered Earth, and they are seeking refuge, but Samantha begins suffering from temporal distortion, and remaining would be impossible. SG-1 must find a way to return them to their universe and to defeat the Goa'uld. Together the two Carters are able to reconstruct the alien energy generator to power the stargate, and SG-1 sets off through the mirror, hoping to contact the Asgard in the other reality, and to save the alternate Earth from destruction.

In this episode I have to designate exactly to whom I am referring soooooooo
I will call the original Sam - Sam 1 and the alternate reality Sam - Sam 2.
I will call the original Teal'c - Teal'c 1 and the alternate reality Teal'c - Teal'c 2.
Jack is the original Jack and we don't see Jack 2 (the alternate reality Jack) - but we hear about him.
Gen. Hammond 2 is the alternate reality Gen. Hammond
Apophis 2 is the alternate reality Apophis.

Here goes:

Sam 2 to Major Kawalsky - We have to go now.

They go through the transporting mirror and end up in Area 51 in a secure storage room.

Guards appear and aim their weapons at Sam 2 and Major Kawalsky.
Sam 2: I'm Dr. Samantha Carter from the SGA. This is Major Kawalsky. We need to speak to your commander.

They are taken to the SGC and end up in the infirmary where Jack is called in to meet them there.

Jack: What's this big emergency I need to see.

Whoa. What happened to you? (speaking to Sam 2 as if she is Sam 1)

Last edited by bftlovesRDA on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Sam 2: Jack.
Jack: Jack????
Sam2 2: It's me, it's Sam.
Jack: Um, yeah.
Sam 2: I never expected this variation - you're alive!

Major Kawalsky walks in - saying I'm not supposed to be alive in your (Jack's) reality any more than you are supposed to be alive in my reality.

Dr. Frasier: All tests show this is Major Charles Kawalsky all right.

Sam 2: (to Jack) It's not the same with us here, is it?
Jack: Does anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on here? Anyone?

B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Kawalsky: That quantum mirror you've got, you never figured out how to use that thing?
Jack: You mean that alternate reality thing Daniel fussed with on 233?
Kawalsky: Who is Daniel?

Sam 2: We can't be followed if that's what you are worried about.
Kawalsky: Where we come from the Goa'uld just took over the world.

(The scene changes to show Dr. Samantha Carter (Sam 2) being interviewed by an interrogator and trying to explain who she is and where they have come from.)

Sam 2: Yesterday the Goa'uld started taking over every major city in our world, making slaves of the population.

Sam 1 listens and watches - to her amazement - to what Sam 2 is saying: Sam 1: Oh my God, this is so weird.

Jack: Yeah, how about that hair?

B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Gen. Hammond 1: She claims to be from an alternate reality...

Jack: Just to clarify - this Sam is from an alternate reality?
Daniel: Apparently.
Jack: Anybody else have a problem with that?
Teal'c: Which reality is actually real?
Jack: Thank you, Teal'c.

Sam 2 tries to explain more about how this is possible - to have more than one reality.

B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Sam 1: She's right.
Jack: You just agreed with yourself.
Daniel: No actually Sam just agreed with Dr. Carter. She never joined the military in her reality.
Jack: So it's possible there's an alternate version of myself out there who understands what the hell you're talking about?

Gen. Hammond: They've asked to be debriefed. I'd like you all to participate.

(In walks Major Kawalsky who immediately goes after Teal'c 1 - saying What the hell is he doing here? (Guards draw weapons and point them at Kawalsky and Gen. Hammond tells him to take his seat. Daniel tells Kawalsky that he (Teal'c 1) is a member of SG1. Kawalsky - what is SG1 and who are you? Daniel: Oh, I am Daniel Jackson and I am a member of SG1 also.

Sam 2 arrives and meets Sam 1.
Sam 2: Nice um hair.
Sam 1: Air Force.
Sam 2: I can't imagine going military.
Sam 1: Wow, I can't imagine not.

Gen. Hammond tells about Daniel's experience with the quantum mirror from planet P3R233 (Sam 2: That's where we found our mirror). Gen. Hammond - Fortunately Dr. Jackson got intelligence that enabled SG1 to stop the Goa'uld's attack on earth at that time.

Sam 2: That goes a long way towards understanding why yours was one of the few alternate realities that hadn't been overrun by the Goa'uld.

Sam 1 and Sam 2 have a disagreement why Sam 1's reality survived and Sam 2's reality didn't.
Jack: Ladies, we're all in this reality together....

Gen. Hammond: Where do we go from here?

Sam 2: We can't go back.
Kawalsky: We want to stay - that is, if we are wanted.
Sam 2: We just left behind everybody we knew or cared about - so if you won't give us a 2nd chance, then I don't know any of you.

Jack: You don't know any of us. For all we know, you (Sam 2) could be her (Sam 1's) evil twin. But then we would be dealing with cliches but then you (Sam 2) know how I feel about those. No, you (Sam 1) know how I feel about those.

Gen. Hammond: I'll speak with my superiors. For now, you will be assigned temporary accommodations.
B