Screencaps from Stargate SG1

EileenR

Re: Screencaps from Stargate SG1

Post by EileenR »

*sniff*......puts Stargate in the DVD player.....
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

:D :D :D Yes, it is a "sniff" - tear jerker!
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Another GREAT episode. In fact, I've watched "Show and Tell" very recently, so it was a nice surprise viewing the photos here. I agree that it was kind of emotional episode, due to Charlie and his "special bond" with Jack. Indeed, (I sound like Teal'c now, but that's O.K.), this episode reflects the sensitivity and the special relation ship between Jack and kids. He is really wonderful, so loving and caring and such a giving person. He would do anything for the kids. And I know and we have seen from the backstage scenes, how much fun they had during the filming, but also off camera. I bet Rick had a great time working with kids, throughout his career, as he has mentioned in some interviews. Besides, he's a big kid himself, so it was more than great working together. Many touching scenes in this episode that really brought tears to my eyes, like when Charlie is asking if he can be Jack's son for a while, or when Jack realizes that Charlie is going to die soon and there's no kind of treatment on Earth, and he looks so angry and frustrated when saying something like "You have all these fancy machines and there's nothing you can do to save him? He's just a kid". We can see his desperate look for help, trying to find a cure for Charlie and how bad he really feels that he can't help him, so, he agrees to send him with the Tokra, so he can have a better luck. And that sad look on Jack's face, at the end, when Charlie is leaving with Jacob through the Stargate, is really so painful for Jack. He hurts deep inside, and maybe lots of other things swirl in his mind, thinking probably his own son, and this whole story brought him painful memories again. It really hurts me seeing Jack like that. But, there's the bright side too. He knows that "Charlie" will be able to live his life as a kid, and that's the important thing. So, it's sort of giving hope to each other, when saying that they will stay in touch by visiting one another. I just loved it. Thank you B for posting this lovely episode. Nice job as always.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Nicole, for your recap of Show and Tell. Yes to all you said. I LOVE the way RDA interacts with children - and this episode was especially nice in that regard. I thought Jack's final "look" when Charlie was walking into the Stargate with Jacob was especially touching.

Glad you enjoyed it! I enjoyed posting it.
B
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

I agree with both of you, it's a pleasure to watch Rick's interaction with kids and when he has that sad look in his eyes....it's touching.

Very good episode, thanks B. :D
Claudia
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes it is (a pleasure to watch Rick's interaction with kids....totally agree!)

I decided to do something here on this thread - to do a summary of what episodes have already been posted and where they are in this thread just in case somebody has missed one and would LIKE to find it.....here is the list:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125 - A Hundred Days - Season 3
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125 - Hathor - Season 1 (Same thread site - further down the thread)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=20 - Upgrades - Season 4
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=20 - Divide and Conquer - Season 4 (Same thread - further down the thread)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=40 - The Fifth Race - Season 2
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=60 - Window of Opportunity - Season 4
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=80 - Paradise Lost - Season 6
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=100 - Cold Lazarus - Season 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=120 - Solitudes - Season 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=140 - Tin Man - Season 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=160 - Double Jeopardy - Season 4
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=180 - Broca Divide - Season 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=220 - Brief Candle - Season 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=250 - Out of Mind - Season 2
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=260 - Into the Fire - Season 3 (see 2/3 down the thread)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125&start=290 - Show and Tell - Season 2

Also, on the thread, "Your Favorite Stargate Episode from Every Season", I did some "mini" screencap episodes such as:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18&start=20 - Zero Hour - Season 8
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18&start=30 - 1969 - Season 2
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18&start=30 - Shades of Grey - Season 3 (see further down the thread)

Hopefully this list is helpful to somebody. :D :? :D :roll:
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thank you B for your list of screencapped episodes It is really helpful, to go back and search for an episode that we were most attracted to, though all episodes were great, and most of all, to view again and remember the greatest scenes / photos from those episodes. What I love the most, is to watch Jack's expression on his face, no matter what it is, and to view of course his gorgeous looks. And of course, through your narration and pictures, it is wonderful that we can revive the story in our mind. We would like to thank you once again for your nice work and we appreciate the efforts and time you have put, to make that list possible.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Nicole, for the kind words. I have enjoyed posting the screencap episodes and hope they are not too much posting.

You said, "What I love the most, is to watch Jack's expression on his face, no matter what it is, and to view of course his gorgeous looks."

THAT is exactly what I love the most about finding the screencaps and posting them. Some may think I post too many of Jack's face, but that is exactly what I enjoy the most - so I will keep finding and posting the pictures of HIM specifically. The stories are good also, of course, but it's the photos of Jack that are the BEST part of what I do.

So, I am glad these are still welcome by you and I hope some others.
B
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Some may think I post too many of Jack's face, but that is exactly what I enjoy the most - so I will keep finding and posting the pictures of HIM specifically.
Some good idea! I mean, considered I looooove his eyes... :D ;)
Claudia
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I love his eyes, too, Claudia.

Which leads into today's New Year 2015 episode - Fair Game

This one has many of Jack's face and he is in his dress uniform mostly so that makes him extra handsome.....so that's why this is the episode I chose.

So, here goes. (Thanks again to Gateworld for the screencaps and to Kate's Stargate Summaries for helpful information about the episode.)

The episode starts with a presentation of commendation from the Secretary of Defense at the SGC to all of the team members at the SGC.

Then General Hammond surprises them with a promotion for Captain Samantha Carter to Major Samantha Carter...

B