Screencaps from Stargate SG1

Caty

Re: Screencaps from Stargate SG1

Post by Caty »

Thank you, B! You did a phantastic job!

And it helps to switch off the light, the you can see the dark photos much better.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Caty - for the kind words AND for the suggestion to switch the light off. That does help significantly to see the dark photos better! :D :lol: :lol: :D

Now I plan to watch this episode to see how I did with the narration....which was all from memory....so I hope I got it half right. And I hope others enjoyed this episode as well. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Now I plan to watch this episode to see how I did with the narration....which was all from memory....so I hope I got it half right. And I hope others enjoyed this episode as well. :D :D :D
Well, I watched the Episode Solitudes and that's about what I did with the narration - got it half right. Hope all will forgive the omissions and mess ups in the narration.
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

THANK YOU B. Wonderful screencaps, as always. I so love this episode, though it is sad and it hurts me seeing Jack badly injured, but he's so convincing in his role, and so is Sam. They both perform amazingly. It must have been hard for someone to have to act like he's in pain, and to end up in such a great performance. Really heavy, sad scenes, especially the ones when Jack is so close to dying. It breaks my heart. But all good at the end. And about the narration, you did it great. I'm really in the mood to watch this episode again, tonight. Looking forward to it.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

nicolemj@otenet.gr wrote:THANK YOU B. Wonderful screencaps, as always. I so love this episode, though it is sad and it hurts me seeing Jack badly injured, but he's so convincing in his role, and so is Sam. They both perform amazingly. It must have been hard for someone to have to act like he's in pain, and to end up in such a great performance. Really heavy, sad scenes, especially the ones when Jack is so close to dying. It breaks my heart. But all good at the end. And about the narration, you did it great. I'm really in the mood to watch this episode again, tonight. Looking forward to it.
Thanks, NIcole. Glad you liked the Solitudes screencaps and thought the narration was okay....good even. That makes me feel better since after re-watching this episode it made me think I messed up the narration in many places. Anyway, thanks.

And, yes, totally agree with you about the emotions that this episode causes and about the performances! I think Amanda Tapping and RDA were brilliant in this episode which had to be difficult because I understand they were in a really cold environment to simulate the real thing. The saddest scenes were, as you say, when Jack is so close to death. A real heart tugger when he tells Sam "Sam, I'm dying. Follow my order, please." That one brought tears when I saw it the first time.

So, all in all a GREAT episode and so glad you enjoyed it and hope others did also.

I don't know what the next episode will be and I don't know when I will do it. But stay tuned. :D :D :D
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Yes, I did enjoy "Solitudes" as you said, and I'm sure others did, as well. I watched it again last night. I needed it to re-watch it, after viewing your screencaps. Thank you again. A very intensely emotional episode. I love it. And take your time with the next screencapped episode. Whenever you have the time and feel like doing it. We'll be looking forward to it.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Nicole. Glad you watched Solitudes again after viewing the screencaps. I did too and, like you, I LOVE this episode even though it was hard to see Jack so injured....and especially when he was near death - but it did end up well.

I am working on the next episode but don't know when I will finish. It does take several hours to get it all done....because I am such a slowpoke - so I will post it when finished - probably tomorrow.

Thanks again for your comments. It's always good to get feedback. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Well it's Wednesday and time for another episode. Nicole suggested this one and I agree it's a lighthearted change - it's Tin Man.

This one will have less dialogue and the pictures are mostly dark so we will need to switch the light off (good tip from before) in order to see them well.

Here goes - and hope you enjoy! P.S. One thing that is missing from this episode is the sound effects. It's just not the same without HEARING Harlan...but maybe the screencaps will prod us to go watch the episode to hear the full effect....it did that for me. Thanks again go to Gateworld for the great screencaps.

SG1 arrives on the Planet Altair which seems to be a mechanical planet that is dark and dingy.

Jack: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your colonel speaking. Welcome to P3X-niner-eight-niner where it's a balmy... room temperature.

Jack: The lights are on but there's noooooobody home.

All of a sudden they all pass out from some mysterious "attack"...

Only to wake up in "pods"....in new clothing....
Last edited by bftlovesRDA on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

In walks this interesting person, saying "Com-try-a".....and we learn his name is Harlan and he is he sole survivor on this planet...
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Harlan to Daniel: And you are the leader?
Daniel: No that would be (points to Jack).
Jack: (I'm) Colonel Jack O'Neill. Kum-bay-ah.

Daniel extends his hand for a greeting.
Harlan: This is your custom, yes? (and he extends his hand but does not shake Daniel's hand....)

B