Screencaps from Stargate SG1

bftlovesRDA

Re: Screencaps from Stargate SG1

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Djaïpur wrote:TY once again! Always the same pleasure to "watch" an episode this way!

...And nice final picture moreover! Image
You're very welcome. YES, I love the final photo too.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JackGywer wrote:Great B.
And despite Summary simply ingenious.
I always love your Screencaps :D
Thanks, JackGywer - I enjoyed posting this episode. It is very dramatic - aren't they all?

I was wondering a few things about it, though. First, it took awhile for me to understand all the parts of their plan to send the message back to themselves - I thought the plan was rather complicated. :D :D :D

Second, I really didn't like the fact that Sam had ended up marrying the Ambassador - and of course didn't like them kissing and all. You know Jack would have been disappointed about that. In fact I thought a good part was when Jack was at his cabin with Sam and he said, "What does your dearly beloved Ambassador think about all this?" - you could tell he was sort of disgusted with Sam for picking the Ambassador (over him). Good writing and good acting.

Finally, at first it was disappointing also that Jack refused to do his usual heroic thing and help his friends "save the world." Of course, he came through in the end and went to their aid....and helped save the world again - even to the point of giving up his life to do so. It was just different at first when he was reluctant to help - different for his character.

But I thought it was a brilliant script and acted so well by all, especially by RDA. The flying through the terminal on that rope was a great stunt they filmed. And the funny parts were so good. (It's "WHOM" not "who"), (Can I tell them about who won the superbowl? NO. The world series? NO. The Gray Cup? NO). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well enough on that. If anybody has any points they want to discuss - please feel free to do so.

Thanks again.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Yes, that was great! And super final shot to end it all :D :D
Thanks, Mac_Jack_fangirl - very glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed posting it. A very dramatic and, even, poignant episode.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

frenchwriter wrote:I love too...
*Very great "B" and very great Jack... :roll:
Photos and dialogues : a great art! as always...
Thank you !!! :o :P :oops: :D
You're very welcome, frenchwriter. Glad you love the episode. I do too. :D :D :D
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
JackGywer wrote:Great B.
And despite Summary simply ingenious.
I always love your Screencaps :D
Thanks, JackGywer - I enjoyed posting this episode. It is very dramatic - aren't they all?

I was wondering a few things about it, though. First, it took awhile for me to understand all the parts of their plan to send the message back to themselves - I thought the plan was rather complicated. :D :D :D

Second, I really didn't like the fact that Sam had ended up marrying the Ambassador - and of course didn't like them kissing and all. You know Jack would have been disappointed about that. In fact I thought a good part was when Jack was at his cabin with Sam and he said, "What does your dearly beloved Ambassador think about all this?" - you could tell he was sort of disgusted with Sam for picking the Ambassador (over him). Good writing and good acting.

Finally, at first it was disappointing also that Jack refused to do his usual heroic thing and help his friends "save the world." Of course, he came through in the end and went to their aid....and helped save the world again - even to the point of giving up his life to do so. It was just different at first when he was reluctant to help - different for his character.

But I thought it was a brilliant script and acted so well by all, especially by RDA. The flying through the terminal on that rope was a great stunt they filmed. And the funny parts were so good. (It's "WHOM" not "who"), (Can I tell them about who won the superbowl? NO. The world series? NO. The Gray Cup? NO). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well enough on that. If anybody has any points they want to discuss - please feel free to do so.

Thanks again.
2010 is a good episode,though not of my Favorite.What bothers me is the fact that they send a message into the past to change the future.In the episode in 1969, she has particularly taken care not free to manipulate,so the future will not be affected.Because that could be very bad.It was done simply because the present with the ashes was not like dreaming.
But the future may be even worse,you can not know.This gives the series of course many possibilities with the future,the past and the other dimensions to play.I personally am not a fan of the possibilities and the episodes.
But that's my opinion.
What I find totally horrible,this system is all shot.
However, I liked Jack very well in his unshaven look and his opinion.He's a stubborn with rough shell and soft core.
He can not as what else to do.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JackGywer wrote: 2010 is a good episode,though not of my Favorite.What bothers me is the fact that they send a message into the past to change the future.In the episode in 1969, she has particularly taken care not free to manipulate,so the future will not be affected.Because that could be very bad.It was done simply because the present with the ashes was not like dreaming.
But the future may be even worse,you can not know.This gives the series of course many possibilities with the future,the past and the other dimensions to play.I personally am not a fan of the possibilities and the episodes.
But that's my opinion.
What I find totally horrible,this system is all shot.
However, I liked Jack very well in his unshaven look and his opinion.He's a stubborn with rough shell and soft core.
He can not as what else to do.
Agree - the fact that this time in going back in time, they WANTED to change the future which, as you say, could have very good and / or very bad consequences. So that is a quandary.

"What I find totally horrible,this system is all shot." Do you mean the fact that the SGC and SG1 are out of business in this episode, they been shut down? No regular "stuff" going on? I don't like that either. And I really don't like it that Sam has married the Ambassador (instead of a retired Jack). But that's just how the writers wanted to do it.

"However, I liked Jack very well in his unshaven look" - ME TOO! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. The more I worked on it, the more I liked it. Jack continued to be the hero whose efforts go to saving the world. And in the end, Sam would not be marrying the Ambassador after history was changed....but like you say, we don't know how the future would play out now that everything was made to be unlike the current events.

Well, will start thinking about the next episode. Again, welcome any and all suggestions for that. :D :D :D
B
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Hey, I was wondering whether we can edit the first post on this thread with which ones you've done? I know it might be a tedious job but maybe you've also made a list yourself of which ones have been done :) If you can't no worries..... :)
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

How about Fail Safe? I think there are about 3 or 4 scenes where Jack touches Sam on the arm or elsewhere when something happens to her :D :D

There are also some great Jack quotes in this!
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

THANK YOU B. Another brilliant episode. I loved it. Actually, I had watched it quite recently, so it was nice to "view" it again in your own special way. Well, I agree with ALL your remarks. I didn't like it that the Aschen had been taking over the human race and moreover had decided to destroy it quietly and in the most horrible way, while pretending they were protecting the Earth. And of course I didn't like it either seeing Sam being married to the Ambassador. That was kinda disappointed.

Also, it was sad to hear Jack's unwillingness to help his former team. That really didn't sound like Jack, but I can understand it somehow, the bitterness he had felt, when he was trying to explain everybody ten years ago, that he didn't trust that alliance with the Aschen, but nobody listened to him, not even Sam, and that maybe hurt him the most. So, his initial denial to help, was as a result of this disappointment and rejection he felt back then. And we can notice very clearly his ironic reaction to Sam, when asking her about her "dearly beloved Ambassador". He sounded and seemed very frustrated and maybe angry, but he had his reasons. I admired his decision at the end, to help them, risking his own life once again, and I liked the way how the "old team", including Dr. Frasier and even Walter the technician, they planned the whole thing and everybody played his own part to change the situation and save the Earth from extincting.

Great performances from everyone, and especially RDA. I felt really bad seeing Jack and Sam at the cabin, talking not so much like friends, as they used to, but like strangers, and the mood between them was really bad. But everything went OK at the end, and everyone was there to support each other as a team. And I will agree with the rest of you here, that the final picture of Jack is AWESOME. Love his look. I think it deserves to be in the Thunk thread as well. So, thanks again B for posting another wonderful episode. We appreciate your efforts and your time.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Hey, I was wondering whether we can edit the first post on this thread with which ones you've done? I know it might be a tedious job but maybe you've also made a list yourself of which ones have been done :) If you can't no worries..... :)

Yes, I can post a list of the screencap episodes I have done - will do that shortly. I may post it here at this point in the thread, but I will try to post it on the first post of the thread also.

And Fail Safe was a good episode. I'll think about doing that one.

Thanks for the suggestions.
B