Jack and Sam's Relationship

bftlovesRDA

Re: Jack and Sam's Relationship

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I apologize and if I am not supposed to be posting entries from that other site, please forgive.

I found one more explanation for this scene that matches up more with my own thoughts:

"The Final, and most dramatic part, would be Sam's conversation with Jack (lets remember here, this is SAMS IMAGE OF JACK, so how she sees him) This is incredibly meaningful, espically for all the shippers out there! What I got out of this was that Sam loves jack, but she doesnt know if he loves her back. Sam wants to be loved, and she knows even if Jack loved her they couldnt because of regs, and they both know it. Sam has been setting her sights on Jack, something she knows she cant get, to keep her from falling for someone else and being hurt. Jacks "I'm a safe bet" and "jacobs right you deserve more" are VERY IMPORTANT!! Sam thinks (IMO quite correctly) that Jack wants sam to be happy, he knows they cant be togeather under the current circumstances and he doesnt want her to be unhappy because of him. Jack is okay with Sam getting a boyfriend (pete) (maybe not okay, but understanding and accepting) because he wants her to be happy more than he wants her for himself, shows how much he loves her eh? alot. And by "im a safe bet" he means that even if sam gets another boyfriend, he will still always be there for her when she needs him. He wont hold a grudge or hold it against her. If things dont work out with other guys, he will still be there for her.

Grace was a set up of kinds for the whole pete deal, it just showed how Sam / Jack's relationship is so strong and how they really are meant for eachother."

The key thing about this interpretation is the last sentence....for me as a diehard romantic S-J shipper. My take is that Sam and Jack really are meant for each other and eventually they will have each other to love in reality despite Pete and any other relationships that seem to stand in the way. I can dream....
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

bftlovesRDA wrote:
Grace was a set up of kinds for the whole pete deal, it just showed how Sam / Jack's relationship is so strong and how they really are meant for eachother."

The key thing about this interpretation is the last sentence....for me as a diehard romantic S-J shipper. My take is that Sam and Jack really are meant for each other and eventually they will have each other to love in reality despite Pete and any other relationships that seem to stand in the way. I can dream....
From one shipper to the other ... do you remember the 9th season? I just can't find the right episode when Agent Barrett talked to Sam and she told him, that she broke her engagement. The he asked her "so now you are single again" or something like that and she answered "No, not really!" Sure, she was not single, every shipper new, she was with Jack :oops: :lol: :lol:

And Stargazer, you don't have to apologize and I hope too, that there will never be a ship-war on this site.
I just want to have a little bit fun and don't intend to hurt anyone here.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

"The he asked her "so now you are single again" or something like that and she answered "No, not really!" Sure, she was not single, every shipper new, she was with Jack "

Thanks for that information because I have not watched the 9th season. I know, I know, I should but since Jack is not in many of the episodes, I just haven't cared about that season.....sooooooooo....this is good to read. "every shipper knew - she was with Jack!" Of course she was - thank GOD! :D :D :D
B
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

This scene? :lol:

Caty

Post by Caty »

Exactly! :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:This scene? :lol:

Thanks, Mac_Jack_fangirl for those photos....thus confirming what Caty was saying and helping me see that scene - PLUS the others. LOVE the others...sigh...gotta watch some of those episodes again....just can't get enough of Jack and Sam. Saw Heroes last night and, of course, the hug scene where Sam is in tears about the fact of Jack being okay after it looked like he was dead from the staff weapon blast - ALWAYS gets to me.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

So I watched "Threads" last night and it confirms that Jack and Sam are, somehow, together.

Jack's relationship with "Johnson" of the CIA is over because she KNOWS that Jack and Sam are in love and her suggestion is for him to retire so they can be together. Sam's relationship with Pete is over because we see that Sam doesn't want to get married after all and the house Pete bought is no longer SOLD but back "FOR SALE". Then the episode ends with Jack and Sam (finally!) fishing together....thus showing that Jack and Sam somehow ended up together.
'
I know there is more of the series - Moebius is next - and then there is Season 9 which as Mac_Jack_fangirl points out has Sam saying she is "not exactly single" meaning she is "with Jack" somehow. Then there is the movie Continuum which shows they are still both in the Air Force and not together so I think they had planned to get them together if any further movies had been made and I am still upset that MGM didn't choose to go ahead with more movies at the time. :( :( :(
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Just found this video - not seen by me before - simply "Jack and Sam" by Sarah Scotchbrook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xozsi-N ... 4JmCjEdErg

Very nice.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

A couple more good Jack/Sam videos I found today - maybe others have seen these already...if so, apologies.

Stargate - Sam/Jack - heaven knows (the corrs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mFVVUA01A

by samOelo

What If - Sam & Jack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPxSwKx ... 50&index=7

by Shipper 88

Hope others will enjoy. :D :oops: :D
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Thanks B for the Sam/Jack videos. They were both amazing. The first one, can't remember if I had seen it before. It was so emotional. Seeing Jack and Sam together, it's always a great feeling. I loved it and enjoyed it very much. Since, you've put us in a Jack/Sam mood, here is another favorite one. It may has been posted before, but I love it and also the music that goes along with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAgl6LfABI - Right Here Waiting - Sam & Jack

And another one of my favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUdq0UoC4dI Sam - Jack - Looking through your eyes

I especially love this kind of music that goes along with Sam/Jack videos. I think somehow, it gets you more into their relation ship and gives you a warm, happy feeling and makes you sigh and say "Oh, what a beautiful, sweet, lovely couple. My opinion.