Jack and Sam's Relationship

JackGywer

Re: Jack and Sam's Relationship

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:26 pm Oh wow, JK - awesome and terrific! I wanted to comment at the youtube site but couldn't get it to cooperate there.

THANKS so much for doing this new video! And I love the music too! Hathor is a perfect enemy.
Thanks Bettie :D

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
zuzik2301

Post by zuzik2301 »

Hi guys.
I would like to show you my video. if you don´t mind :oops: Have a good day ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5hir_u0Ro&t=4s
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders
Salem Moses

Post by Salem Moses »

https://jmp.sh/Xn4pqvbh

I came across a B-roll clip (courtesy of Joseph Mallozzi) on a Stargate SG-1 episode about a city in a bubble and it struck me in viewing it, that this episodal stroll in the park would make for a clever "(relation)-Ship in a bottle (err bubble)" commentary on analyzing the healthy social interplay between professional coworkers who are also good friends. A few basic requirements for a healthy relationship being.. feeling validated, heard, respected, and safe. Heard offscreen and not in anyway tresspassing on the dialog exchange, is the director yelling "..AND CUT!!!". Sometimes in a healthy relationship, not only is delayed silence or pause an appropriate response, but also knowing that meaningful moments must inevitably yield to time schedules.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Another possible read on the “stroll in the park” would be team members providing alternatives for action to their team leader rather than a social interaction. Of course, for any working relationship to be that relaxed, the team leader would have to promote an environment that made his team feel validated, heard, respected, and safe. Otherwise, the whole conversation would have a different feel. Also, at this point any “outside the regulations” relationship between Jack and Sam would be a moot point. In this possible read, she is providing suggestions for a course of action to her team leader, rather than a discussion with a friend. But, the interrelationships of the entire team do give that conversation a social feel, which means information is flowing freely.

I believe that episode is Season 7, Revisions. (I think)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

J.K.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Another really good one, JK. You really captured those two... in hot water! :P

I do have a question though, since you showed a clip of Jack in the Antarctica outpost about to be put to sleep... What exactly was the meaning of his last words in Ancient? I do know some Latin and I always felt that Daniel did not translate them completely, because they had something to do with Jack's feelings for Sam. Thoughts?
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

LTTPlits wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:53 pm Another really good one, JK. You really captured those two... in hot water! :P

I do have a question though, since you showed a clip of Jack in the Antarctica outpost about to be put to sleep... What exactly was the meaning of his last words in Ancient? I do know some Latin and I always felt that Daniel did not translate them completely, because they had something to do with Jack's feelings for Sam. Thoughts?
According to the transcript, the last words he said was Aveo.....amacus, which my translator translates as "lover, boyfriend, girlfriend." :mrgreen:

J.K.
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Since it is not consistent with Classical Latin, I think there is room for different speculations. I've looked this up on different online sites because I felt Daniel was holding something back when he translated it as simply "goodbye." Some say the "aveo," means not "goodbye," but rather "I desire or crave"... :o whoever "amacuse" refers to! I guess by being vague, TPTB left it open for any of the many possible interpretations.... so regardless how you interpret the verb, it is Sam who begs him not to leave, calling him "Jack," and it is Sam's face we see staring up at Jack at the end.... so I know what I think (but not why Daniel was so dang reticent! ;)
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

Kti wrote: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:58 pm
bftlovesRDA wrote:Yes, you are right. This photo is just after the one Kti posted (I believe).

Now, I am thinking of another episode where Jack and Sam seem to be in a "special" relationship. It is the one where they are thought to be Zatarks (spelling?) Is it Divide and Conquer? It is when they are both accused of being Zatarks but the truth is that when Jack couldn't save Sam in the Go'ould ship (that they were there to destroy) - because of the barrier that came up - he said he would rather die himself than lose Carter....because he cared about her a LOT MORE THAN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO!

Then, later, when they were deciding what to do about the situation, Jack offers to go through the treatment that might end his life because he thought if that happened it might help them save Sam...and Sam runs after him as far as they let her go - and he is seen walking down the hall turning back to look at her.....pensively. Sam is obviously in distress that he might go through something like that with the possible consequences.

I don't have any photos of these events - maybe somebody else does....but it is a big episode for their deep relationship... :oops:
First, thank you mac_jack_fangirl for this emotional montage :D.
That I call crackle! And more!
But my image of unknown origin can not be associated with 'Divide and Conquer'. Here Jack wears no blue, his hair is 0.1574" shorter :lol: and Sam's a little bit longer.
Kti is an old smartass :roll:. Excuse me!

In 'Divide and Conquer' this scene goes deep in my heart:
Both show more than professional contingent interest in each other.
...'a lot more than I'm supposed to'...

And now... just again "Pippi" in my eyes...

Hello.
I'm in love with this sequence of scenes. That look from Jack, back... and then he bites his lower lip, as if he had disguised anxiety, and continues walking like a soldier. I love this scene.
Rosely Teles

Post by Rosely Teles »

Kti wrote: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:58 pm
bftlovesRDA wrote:Yes, you are right. This photo is just after the one Kti posted (I believe).

Now, I am thinking of another episode where Jack and Sam seem to be in a "special" relationship. It is the one where they are thought to be Zatarks (spelling?) Is it Divide and Conquer? It is when they are both accused of being Zatarks but the truth is that when Jack couldn't save Sam in the Go'ould ship (that they were there to destroy) - because of the barrier that came up - he said he would rather die himself than lose Carter....because he cared about her a LOT MORE THAN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO!

Then, later, when they were deciding what to do about the situation, Jack offers to go through the treatment that might end his life because he thought if that happened it might help them save Sam...and Sam runs after him as far as they let her go - and he is seen walking down the hall turning back to look at her.....pensively. Sam is obviously in distress that he might go through something like that with the possible consequences.

I don't have any photos of these events - maybe somebody else does....but it is a big episode for their deep relationship... :oops:
First, thank you mac_jack_fangirl for this emotional montage :D.
That I call crackle! And more!
But my image of unknown origin can not be associated with 'Divide and Conquer'. Here Jack wears no blue, his hair is 0.1574" shorter :lol: and Sam's a little bit longer.
Kti is an old smartass :roll:. Excuse me!

In 'Divide and Conquer' this scene goes deep in my heart:
Both show more than professional contingent interest in each other.
...'a lot more than I'm supposed to'...

And now... just again "Pippi" in my eyes...

Hello.
I'm in love with this sequence of scenes. That look from Jack, back... and then he bites his lower lip, as if he had disguised anxiety, and continues walking like a soldier. I love this scene.